Jake Thackray

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
spot

Jake Thackray

Post by spot »

He was a gem, he's long gone now but my he was good. I went to one of his gigs once, I'm glad I managed that.

Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Galbally

Jake Thackray

Post by Galbally »

That's good actually, very funny, thanks for putting it up there!
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
spot

Jake Thackray

Post by spot »

He wrote this among lots of songs I enjoy. It's Jasper Carrot's version of Bantam **** and he does quite a good job of it.

eta: I really wish FG's filter had C O C K removed, I use that word constantly.

Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
helgi

Jake Thackray

Post by helgi »

I used to have a guitar like that one but my grandpa smashed it over a bed post. I wasn't very good at the guitar to start out you see
spot

Jake Thackray

Post by spot »

The one in the first post? He had a strange way of playing, he used a normal narrow-necked acoustic guitar but with classical-guitar strings that would usually go on a wider neck. His technique is entirely classical from my uninformed perspective.

Nobody should be discouraged from learning to play, that's a terrible thing you had happen to you. I hope he wasn't like that often.
helgi

Jake Thackray

Post by helgi »

yeah the first guitar clip.

but guitars are like women... I haven't found the right one yet, and I would never introduce them to my grandpa
spot

Jake Thackray

Post by spot »

Go on, it may be an old thread but there's a well-constructed documentary.

Return to “Music”