Abba

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
spot

Abba

Post by spot »

Bruv;1505658 wrote: Helloooo.........here is the link........http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/music ... ost1475583

What am I missing here ?

Ah.

Right.

I can explain actually. I write on ForumGarden from a computer which has no flashplayer so I can't see any of the pictures or play any of the video clips. I thought I'd edited the youtube link correctly but evidently not.

What it was meant to contain was this, for which I apologize in advance:

Yummy

Much more of this and I'll put Little Willy up.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bruv

Abba

Post by Bruv »

That's OK......if you want keep wearing your foil helmet, that's your choice.

But Max Miller did it better.......in fact Bernard Manning did it better too.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
spot

Abba

Post by spot »

What?

It's meant to be Ohio Express but I still can't see what's posted in there. Is it still wrong?

What foil helmet?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Saint_

Abba

Post by Saint_ »

Did you guys ever see "ABBA - The Movie?" I love that show so much I special ordered it from Amazon.

Abba - The Movie

A product of a more innocent time, by a band that was far more innocent than most even then. Not a trace of cynicism or anger in this film, just a relaxing, highly enveloping experience that is a breeze to watch over and over again. Make no mistake, these were seriously talented and sophisticated musicians and songwriters. It becomes shockingly more apparent as time goes on just how GOOD this music was, feel free to compare it to any music, ever. Amazing. Like a breath of fresh air, my mood actually changes for the better when I hear their music or see this movie. And I can't say that about many things. Just think of most of the hollow, vapid, short-lived "entertainers" we have today. They are eons below ABBA. These people were absolutely enjoying life and their careers at this time, which wasn't the case to the same degree by the time they broke up only 5 years later. It's amazing to think how much they accomplished between 1974 and 1982. It's no wonder they continue to sell millions of albums per year even now, in spite of never being "cool", even in their own time.

The plot is pure silliness, but great stuff. I especially like the intrepid reporter's dream/fantasy sequence and the elevator sequence when the girls sing the hypnotic "Eagle". You cannot be an ABBA fan and not have this movie. Get it!!
LarsMac

Abba

Post by LarsMac »

I must confess that I have never been an ABBA fan.

I had a friend back in the seventies who discovered ABBA and became quite the fan. He bought their first album, and seemed to play it incessantly. The then bought a cassette copy for his car. At the time, I was rebuilding the engine in his car, while he watched and learned, fetched part, held the worklight, etc.

I finally refused to continue working on the car unless he found something else to play. He went to the store and came back with their second album.

Sorry, but by the time I had his car back together and working properly, I had about four lifetimes worth of ABBA. Whenever their music comes on within hearing range, I start to do my imitation of Malcolm McDowell's Alex listening to Beethoven.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Abba

Post by spot »

LarsMac;1505681 wrote: Whenever their music comes on within hearing range, I start to do my imitation of Malcolm McDowell's Alex listening to Beethoven.
I spent five seconds mistaking the scene for William Tell. It was a distressing moment.
flopstock

Abba

Post by flopstock »

I have no idea how I missed this song until I heard it on a TV show last week - but I can't quit singing along :)
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Return to “Music”