Black is Black

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
High Threshold

Black is Black

Post by High Threshold »

Los Bravos was a Spanish beat group, formed in 1965 and based in Madrid. Their single "Black is Black" reached no. 2 in the United Kingdom in July 1966 and no. 4 in the United States. ............ The track was written by Tony Hayes and Steve Wadey, in their recording studio for cutting demo discs in Hoo St Werburgh, near Rochester, Kent, England ..... The band was an amalgamation of two pop groups, Los Sonor from Madrid and The Runaways from Mallorca. Los Bravos' lead singer, Mike Kogel, was from Germany. ....... One of Los Bravos' founding members Manuel Fernández committed suicide on 20 May 1967, at the age of 23, after the death of his bride, Lottie Rey, in an auto accident.

WIKIPEDIA.

spot

Black is Black

Post by spot »

I have this niggling suspicion that a clip of Black is Black was posted years ago on FG but that it was Belle Epoch's version, it was in colour and it led to a discussion about what exactly the group contributed to their performance. But I can't find the thread. It's a bit early in the day to try to remember the answer we came to.

Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bruv

Black is Black

Post by Bruv »

spot;1483759 wrote: I have this niggling suspicion that a clip of Black is Black was posted years ago on FG but that it was Belle Epoch's version, it was in colour and it led to a discussion about what exactly the group contributed to their performance.

I would suggest Nipples ?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
LarsMac

Black is Black

Post by LarsMac »

I am going to regret clicking on that link for the rest of the day.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Black is Black

Post by spot »

Bruv;1483761 wrote: I would suggest Nipples ?

Oh. *That* thread.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “Music”