Musical talent

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
spot

Musical talent

Post by spot »

FG

Crikey.

I was looking for the other Leona Anderson but this caught my ear instead.

Gosh.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bruv

Musical talent

Post by Bruv »

Worth watching with the sound off..................just for the lake.

Not as good as Nena.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Ahso!

Musical talent

Post by Ahso! »

Lol!
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
YZGI

Musical talent

Post by YZGI »

I couldn't understand a word she said
spot

Musical talent

Post by spot »

I thought I caught the gist but I may not have got all of it. I'll go back and check. Was it not in English?

Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
LarsMac

Musical talent

Post by LarsMac »

spot;1511089 wrote: FG

Crikey.

I was looking for the other Leona Anderson but this caught my ear instead.

Gosh.

She lip-syncs very well.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
G#Gill

Musical talent

Post by G#Gill »

Don't you mean Leona Lewis ?
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
spot

Musical talent

Post by spot »

No, Leona Anderson was a star of the silent screen who famously put out an LP in the 1950s, I was looking for a track from that when I came across her German namesake.

The "famously" stems from Leona Anderson (the sometime star of the silent screen) having worked in the 1950s with the most inventive, brilliant genius of American television comedy, Ernie Kovacs, whom it would be difficult to overpraise.

I had to look up Leona Lewis to discover who she is. She appears to be a walking advertisement for tanning booths who had an unfortunate run-in with Simon Cowell, poor woman.
Bruv

Musical talent

Post by Bruv »

spot;1511126 wrote: I had to look up Leona Lewis to discover who she is. She appears to be a walking advertisement for tanning booths who had an unfortunate run-in with Simon Cowell, poor woman.

Right about the run in with Mr Cowell, but her mixed race origins may have confused you about her need for tanning booths..........Leona with her parents
spot

Musical talent

Post by spot »

You may blame the atrocious colour balance of the assorted photos on her Wikipedia page, they're the only pictures of her I've ever seen. That's not to say you shouldn't have winced, mind. I should have browsed the article rather than relied on a washed-out flash snap from Vienna.
Bruv

Musical talent

Post by Bruv »

It was a big wince......you felt it from there ?
LarsMac

Musical talent

Post by LarsMac »

spot;1511126 wrote: No, Leona Anderson was a star of the silent screen who famously put out an LP in the 1950s, I was looking for a track from that when I came across her German namesake.

The "famously" stems from Leona Anderson (the sometime star of the silent screen) having worked in the 1950s with the most inventive, brilliant genius of American television comedy, Ernie Kovacs, whom it would be difficult to overpraise.

I had to look up Leona Lewis to discover who she is. She appears to be a walking advertisement for tanning booths who had an unfortunate run-in with Simon Cowell, poor woman.

Perhaps this is what you were looking for?

Or this?

http://blog.wfmu.org/freeform/2007/08/3 ... 38---.html
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Musical talent

Post by spot »

Well, yes, it is. I'm not sure the thread has been materially improved by telling everyone though.

Does US TV recycle Ernie Kovacs programs like it does for I Love Lucy and Bonanza and Phil Silvers and Jack Benny and suchlike?

Return to “Music”