Looking For Web Help

Tombstone

Looking For Web Help

Post by Tombstone »

Hi rkblk1,

Is it the site that you have listed as your homepage?

rkblk1 wrote: I need some help on my web site .Does any one have this problem my site is up don't get to many hits about 1600 per month but the last few mounths I can not get a sale is there something wrong with my site or is this a problem some one else is having.
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
anastrophe

Looking For Web Help

Post by anastrophe »

rkblk1 wrote: Yes it is http://www.kcomputersolution.com

Please tear the sit apart and i think you for your help
forgive me, but this sounds like a sham. there's nothing wrong with the site, you use paypal for payments - it seems to me like this posting was done just to try to pull more eyeballs to the site.

yes, i'm a cynic.

by trade.
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
anastrophe

Looking For Web Help

Post by anastrophe »

rkblk1 wrote: I did not come here to get peolple to my site.This is the first time I have found a group of people that use the forum as it was ment to be used unlike the IRC chats were they just joke around. I have not the time to play those games when I need real help and options.
if that is the case, then i apologize. i still don't understand what you perceive be wrong with your website. i got no errors going to your site.

is it simply the lack of new orders that concerns you? are you advertising anywhere?
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
Tombstone

Looking For Web Help

Post by Tombstone »

Hi rkblk1,

I have a few suggestions for you. You can take them with a grain of salt - or take them seriously - you choose!

Over the years, a few tried and true tricks have helped up-and-comer websites get some traction. You first need to realize that you are but one computer oriented website out of millions trying to get attention in a super-crowded marketplace.

It's the classic signal-to-noise ratio case. You are facing much more noise than I think you anticipated.

Here's some quick feedback:

1. Kill this TrafficZap Exchange pop-up. I have no interest in other websites - and it distracts from your site. As a customer, why would I want to know about increasing my website traffic? Take a tour? Why? I'm looking at computers on your site!

2. About Us should be prominent. I have no idea about who I am dealing with. Do you have a store? Where are the photos? Add photos of yourself and/or your staff.

3. Fix spelling mistakes. Fix all the different fonts that you have throughout your site. They need to be consistent. Fix formatting and centering. Attention to detail is everything. I figure you wouldn't get my order right if you didn't spend the time to spell check your own website. Treat it like your resume! Lack of attention to detail will immediately turn-off customers like me.

4. Get rid of any links on your page that advertise other sites or anything not related to your end sale.

5. Get rid of the news box. It is distracting and takes away from the core function of your site.

6. Re-write this. This is a good example of what I am talking about. Poor grammar and customer unfriendly text: Pricing, specifications, and availability may change without notice. This company reserves the right to supply an equivalent part to complete the order. Please review our RMA Policy . All sale our for the USA only. Credit cards must be from a US. Bank .

------------------------------

How to get traction? Forget about banner exchanges, advertising networks, etc. Open an account on eBay and get the eyeballs and sales you need. You can then direct your customers to your website after the sale.

I hope that helps just a little.

rkblk1 wrote: I need some help on my web site .Does any one have this problem my site is up don't get to many hits about 1600 per month but the last few mounths I can not get a sale is there something wrong with my site or is this a problem some one else is having.
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.

Return to “Web Design Art Forum”