Desk Tops

gmc

Desk Tops

Post by gmc »

Try mandrakeusers.org site run by users not the company but not confined to just one distro.

I've been experimenting with Linux and will use it, I need some programmes that only work with windows so I can't ditch it completely or I would. I am using mizilla fiefox on preference to IE and no longer have mS office. It's good if you want to learn more about computers-you can stick it on an old computer until you are confident about changing,
gmc

Desk Tops

Post by gmc »

In my case it would, the problem is programmes that only run in windows and the odd site that only works with windows IE. There are very definitely better office suites out there than ms office, mozilla is streaks ahead of IE, except for the odd site I can't access.

You have to learn how to use windows learning linux is only harder because of the dearth of manuals etc such as you can get for windows so it takes more time. There are also plenty of sites where yoi can get help if you need it.

It annoys me hat I have to buy a laptop that has windows on it you get it whether you want it or not I would prefer more choice

Return to “Web Design Art Forum”