Pixelated photo

buttercup

Pixelated photo

Post by buttercup »

I've been sent a photo via email that i saved but when i opened it, it came up pixelated, how do i get it to show as a normal large size photo?
spot

Pixelated photo

Post by spot »

That's not much to go on. You saw it without that degree of pixilation when it was in your email viewer? What viewer does it show pixilation in? Is it on your hard drive or are you viewing it on a website? Where do you want to be able to view it as a large photo?

You might check the file size of the photo at its various stages of the journey. Did it go down at some stage? If, for example, I attach a photo to an FG post the FG server will automatically downsize it if it breaches the site size limit and it won't bother saying so as it does.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
buttercup

Pixelated photo

Post by buttercup »

Opened fine in email and i wanted to save it to my pictures on the p.c instead of always going back to look at it in email.

When i went to view it in my pics and click on it to come up large, i get the below.

Its a 24-bit bitmap (bmp*;dib*) format and i just want to change it to a jpeg.

Edit - 2.35 megabites so FG wont let me upload.
spot

Pixelated photo

Post by spot »

Whatever program you're viewing it with is responsible for the degradation. You don't say what it is.

What program do you intend using to convert it from - I assume from your description a .bmp file - to .jpg? People here have recently recommended irfanview, for example. That would also let you view your original in as good a quality as it can offer, to check that your saved file is all you think it is.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Nomad

Pixelated photo

Post by Nomad »

spot;1297855 wrote: whatever program you're viewing it with is responsible for the degradation. You don't say what it is.

What program do you intend using to convert it from - i assume from your description a .bmp file - to .jpg? People here have recently recommended irfanview, for example. That would also let you view your original in as good a quality as it can offer, to check that your saved file is all you think it is.

calm down !
I AM AWESOME MAN
spot

Pixelated photo

Post by spot »

Nomad;1298764 wrote: calm down !

Here, try the item description at 2005 RENAULT CLIO DYNAMIQUE 16V BLUE on eBay (end time 23-Mar-10 15:10:07 GMT) if you want cheering up.
Nomad

Pixelated photo

Post by Nomad »

spot;1298768 wrote: Here, try the item description at 2005 RENAULT CLIO DYNAMIQUE 16V BLUE on eBay (end time 23-Mar-10 15:10:07 GMT) if you want cheering up.

Ill give that a try.

Thank you.

Nomad
I AM AWESOME MAN

Return to “Web Design Art Forum”