Jives' Desktop Extravaganza

Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

Elouise wrote: Jives, yer almost 50 or are...? ....where you hiding that Camaro? How long you been teaching transitional remedial. I have a very good friend who just last year

put his son into a similar program at a public school and his grades skyrocketed.

He supposedly has the dreaded ADD ..but because all the material is presented in entirely different ways other than the humdrum...the pace is much faster in "fun, fast, informative with humor" the dryest of information is retained...Great connectivity, and the kids love it. In fact, some mainstreaming kids in the public school are signing up for the class with good grades.

Good on ya.

You know, curioser...

I wonder why many think yer a dirtbag. A dirtbag doesn't usually take on remmies and is simultaneously, an internet jerk.

Elouise, that's a very interesting point and worth considering.

I like the way you stand up for what you believe in.

It's so much more interesting to read than the drivel some people dish out because their paid sycophants tell them they're funny, when they're not.

SnoozeControl wrote: Is there a point to this? You can just PM him with your admiration and regards, you know.
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

spot wrote: I think you're going to get such a slapping if you keep needling poor Snooze, she's had a bad weekend and you're turning into a nightmare for her. If we all re-holster our handguns and start talking fish recipes we might return to the quiet contemplative board we all so enjoy, and you can bask with us in the light of occasional sermons and dry analyses of the situation in Gaza.

I do sermons sometimes, people fall asleep after my "fifthly" paragraph.

Elouise and Snooze talking fish recipes! :wah:

cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

anastrophe wrote: for those who may be interested in doing some searching and detective work, in order to come to their own opinions and conclusions about jives, one may find useful the very helpful 'similar threads' section at the very bottom of the page, where the system has conveniently placed the 'gin blossoms and jives' thread as the foremost similar topic. reading it will provide some interesting background on the matters under investigation.

Excellent point.

If inquiring minds want to know . . .
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

Okie

Post by Okie »

cherandbuster wrote: Excellent point.

If inquiring minds want to know . . .
Hi Cher. I just noticed yer home is Boston? I have a much older brother who lives there. He is retired now. Funny how you cannot pick up an accent from postings on the net.
Gygz

Post by Gygz »

Great thread.. thanks
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

Okie wrote: Hi Cher. I just noticed yer home is Boston? I have a much older brother who lives there. He is retired now. Funny how you cannot pick up an accent from postings on the net.

Yep -- born and bred.

I don't think I have a heavy Boston accent -- at least that's what people tell me!

I always try to pronounce my 'R' 's nice and clearly! :-6
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

Return to “Web Design Art Forum”