Another truly sad day in Toronto.

A forum to discuss local issues in Canada.
Odie

Post by Odie »

As I watched our Toronto news tonight, our 'Highway of Heroes', from Trenton Ontario to Toronto on the 401 brought 3 more caskets of 3 young soldiers killed in Afganastan back onto Canadian soil.

This now totals 100 of our brave heroes whom have lost their lives.

Thousands participated in freezing cold temperatures, along the 401 and bridges to pay tribute and respect for them.

R.I.P.

CTV.ca | Fallen soldiers to travel Highway of Heroes today

Three Canadians killed in Afghanistan last week are expected to arrive back on Canadian soil today.

CTV.ca | Hundreds greet fallen soldiers on Highway of Heroes - 6 hours ago - Similar pages -
Life is just to short for drama.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Odie;1081260 wrote: As I watched our Toronto news tonight, our 'Highway of Heroes', from Trenton Ontario to Toronto on the 401 brought 3 more caskets of 3 young soldiers killed in Afganastan back onto Canadian soil.

Thousands participated in freezing cold temperatures, along the 401 and bridges to pay tribute and respect for them.

R.I.P.

Three Canadians killed in Afghanistan last week are expected to arrive back on Canadian soil today.

CTV.ca | Hundreds greet fallen soldiers on Highway of Heroes - 6 hours ago - Similar pages -

It's certainly a sad sight Odie.

R.I.P.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Odie

Post by Odie »

oscar;1081292 wrote: It's certainly a sad sight Odie.

R.I.P.

thanks hun.....this war has gone way beyond its time.
Jenn1980

Post by Jenn1980 »

This saddens me, as i have a bil in the armed forces. He is scheduled to go on his next tour within the year.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Jenn1980;1083946 wrote: This saddens me, as i have a bil in the armed forces. He is scheduled to go on his next tour within the year.

who is scheduled?

sorry, didn't understand what you meant.
southern yankee

Post by southern yankee »

Odie;1081260 wrote: As I watched our Toronto news tonight, our 'Highway of Heroes', from Trenton Ontario to Toronto on the 401 brought 3 more caskets of 3 young soldiers killed in Afganastan back onto Canadian soil.

R.I.P.

CTV.ca | Hundreds greet fallen soldiers on Highway of Heroes - 6 hours ago - Similar pages - hopefully all this bloodshed will end very soon:(
Odie

Post by Odie »

southern yankee;1084209 wrote: hopefully all this bloodshed will end very soon:(

should never have started!:mad:
Peter Lake

Post by Peter Lake »

Odie;1084211 wrote: should never have started!:mad:

As the main objective of entering Afghanistan being the detection, capture or death of Osma Bin Laden, the death toll seems futile. I myself do not believe Bin Laden is even in Afghanistan, probably smuggled across the Pakistan or Syrian borders long ago. His absence from video threats to the west even makes me wonder if he is indeed still alive, having died from kidney failure or fatally wounded in the initial bombing of the Tora Bora caves.

However,

Since December 5th 2008 there have been 955 coalition casualty's in Afghanistan.

America 560

Uk 128

Canada 100

Australia 7 to quote a few figures.

Al-Quaeda will continue to be with or without Bin Laden. We would be more advised investing the cost of this futile presence on intelligence to track down Al-Quaeda at cell level in every western country, not putting more lives at risk for the capture of one so elusive.

The sight of any coffin coming home is distressing, we have our share here, so our thoughts are with the family's as always.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Peter Lake;1084228 wrote: As the main objective of entering Afghanistan being the detection, capture or death of Osma Bin Laden, the death toll seems futile. I myself do not believe Bin Laden is even in Afghanistan, probably smuggled across the Pakistan or Syrian borders long ago. His absence from video threats to the west even makes me wonder if he is indeed still alive, having died from kidney failure or fatally wounded in the initial bombing of the Tora Bora caves.

However,

Since December 5th 2008 there have been 955 coalition casualty's in Afghanistan.

America 560

Uk 128

Canada 100

Australia 7 to quote a few figures.

Al-Quaeda will continue to be with or without Bin Laden. We would be more advised investing the cost of this futile presence on intelligence to track down Al-Quaeda at cell level in every western country, not putting more lives at risk for the capture of one so elusive.

The sight of any coffin coming home is distressing, we have our share here, so our thoughts are with the family's as always.

I never believed Bin Laden was anywhere near Alfganastan....he is to smart to have stayed there.

These are updated results of everyone lost in the war, its a far cry from the ones we just hear about on the news.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At least 716,760 people have been killed, and

1,397,255 seriously injured in Afghanistan and Iraq

since the U.S. and coalition attacks, based on lowest credible estimates.

Casualties in Afghanistan Casualties in Iraq

Most recent update: December 10, 2008.

This page is updated monthly.

# Casualties in Afghanistan:

Afghan troops killed: 8,587 Afghan troops seriously injured: 25,761

Afghan civilians killed: 3,485 Afghan civilians seriously injured: 6,273

U.S. troops killed: 556 U.S. troops seriously injured: 1,668

Other coalition troops killed: 399 Other coalition troops seriously injured: 1,197

Contractors killed: 75 Contractors seriously injured: 2,428

Journalists killed: 6 Journalists seriously injured: unknown

Total killed in Afghanistan: 13,108 Total injured in Afghanistan: 37,327

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# Casualties in Iraq:

Iraqi troops killed: 30,000 Iraqi troops seriously injured: 90,000

Iraqi civilians killed: 668,051 Iraqi civilians seriously injured: 1,202,491

U.S. troops killed: 4,209 U.S. troops seriously injured: 55,923

Other coalition troops killed: 315 Other coalition troops seriously injured: 945

Contractors killed: 917 Contractors seriously injured: 10,569

Journalists killed: 160 Journalists seriously injured: unknown

Total killed in Iraq: 703,652 Total injured in Iraq: 1,359,928

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

really makes one think.
Peter Lake

Post by Peter Lake »

Odie;1084240 wrote: I never believed Bin Laden was anywhere near Alfganastan....he is to smart to have stayed there.

These are updated results of everyone lost in the war, its a far cry from the ones we just hear about on the news.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At least 716,760 people have been killed, and

1,397,255 seriously injured in Afghanistan and Iraq

since the U.S. and coalition attacks, based on lowest credible estimates.

Casualties in Afghanistan Casualties in Iraq

Most recent update: December 10, 2008.

This page is updated monthly.

# Casualties in Afghanistan:

Afghan troops killed: 8,587 Afghan troops seriously injured: 25,761

Afghan civilians killed: 3,485 Afghan civilians seriously injured: 6,273

U.S. troops killed: 556 U.S. troops seriously injured: 1,668

Other coalition troops killed: 399 Other coalition troops seriously injured: 1,197

Contractors killed: 75 Contractors seriously injured: 2,428

Journalists killed: 6 Journalists seriously injured: unknown

Total killed in Afghanistan: 13,108 Total injured in Afghanistan: 37,327

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# Casualties in Iraq:

Iraqi troops killed: 30,000 Iraqi troops seriously injured: 90,000

Iraqi civilians killed: 668,051 Iraqi civilians seriously injured: 1,202,491

U.S. troops killed: 4,209 U.S. troops seriously injured: 55,923

Other coalition troops killed: 315 Other coalition troops seriously injured: 945

Contractors killed: 917 Contractors seriously injured: 10,569

Journalists killed: 160 Journalists seriously injured: unknown

Total killed in Iraq: 703,652 Total injured in Iraq: 1,359,928

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

really makes one think.

My figures are probably press related and i doubt they want us knowing the full horror.

It is just astonishing that this is the outcome of the detection of one man. It really is time to let go and concentrate on bringing troops home safely and invest in intelligence.

The news today that the capture of Al-Quaeda terrorists planning an attack on Gordon Brown at the EU summit will prove that terrorism is indeed within all western county's and not Afghanistan or even Iraq. The press are reporting that the bombers were possibly trained in Pakistan or Iraq and this is unfortunate. It can only stir up the arguements to stay out there.
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

R.I.P.

Good brave men, who died what they loved doing, serving their country.

Odie

Post by Odie »

mikeinie;1084525 wrote: Good brave men, who died what they loved doing, serving their country.

that they did.
Odie

Post by Odie »

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

3 more Canadian soldiers killed in Afghanistan | Canada | News ...

13 Dec 2008 ... 3 more Canadian soldiers killed in Afghanistan ... McLaren at the Peterborough Armoury in Peterborough, Ont. Three more soldiers died today. ...

3 more Canadians killed in Afghanistan | Canada | News | Toronto Sun - 3 hours ago -

Return to “Canada”