thoughts on thoughts

theia

thoughts on thoughts

Post by theia »

(title and certain other material courtesy of Betty B)

What are they? Can you ever see them? Do they have a size? Are they you?

Can there be such a thing as an unwanted thought if we think them? Is there a maximum number of thoughts we can have? Can we stop thinking at will?

Can we truly answer questions about thought, with thought? Do we have any other choices?
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
spot

thoughts on thoughts

Post by spot »

Evanescent. Yes. Yes. No. Yes. Seven if you're good at it. I can manage three. Yes. Yes. Yes.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
chonsigirl

thoughts on thoughts

Post by chonsigirl »

Thoughts-conscience and unconscience. So many types, so many we have and more to come.
Betty Boop

thoughts on thoughts

Post by Betty Boop »

spot;941179 wrote: Evanescent. Yes. Yes. No. Yes. Seven if you're good at it. I can manage three. Yes. Yes. Yes.

I had to really stop and think about that response :wah:
spot

thoughts on thoughts

Post by spot »

Betty Boop;941183 wrote: I had to really stop and think about that response :wah:

DUCK!

There went another one, it nearly had you.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
theia

thoughts on thoughts

Post by theia »

spot;941186 wrote: DUCK!

There went another one, it nearly had you.

How big was it and how fast was it travelling?
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
spot

thoughts on thoughts

Post by spot »

theia;941188 wrote: How big was it and how fast was it travelling?

Brigstowe, Wales. Following a report by a member of the public of two thoughts travelling together, DETECTIVE SERGEANT "SPOTTY" SPOT (possibly a moderator) of Brigstowe Police station observed a single white moment of inspiration. It was much brighter than any star and after a few seconds was seen to break into two pieces. A shower of reddish sparks were seen to the rear of the objects. The officer ruled out planets and meteors stating that there were definitely two objects in his head and that they were joined by some kind of sequential idea. This was an On Duty sighting.
theia

thoughts on thoughts

Post by theia »

spot;941189 wrote: Brigstowe, Wales. Following a report by a member of the public of two thoughts travelling together, DETECTIVE SERGEANT "SPOTTY" SPOT (possibly a moderator) of Brigstowe Police station observed a single white moment of inspiration. It was much brighter than any star and after a few seconds was seen to break into two pieces. A shower of reddish sparks were seen to the rear of the objects. The officer ruled out planets and meteors stating that there were definitely two objects in his head and that they were joined by some kind of sequential idea. The was an On Duty sighting.

Honestly, you'd think the police had better things to do than to thought-spot. What a tragic waste of taxpayers' money. Just wait, the next television series will be "Police, Camera, Thought." Not an action in sight. I'm disgruntled, to say the least. And I shall remain so for at least a week.

Are you really a moderator, Spot? :confused:
Betty Boop

thoughts on thoughts

Post by Betty Boop »

theia;941195 wrote: Honestly, you'd think the police had better things to do than to thought-spot. What a tragic waste of taxpayers' money. Just wait, the next television series will be "Police, Camera, Thought." Not an action in sight. I'm disgruntled, to say the least. And I shall remain so for at least a week.

Are you really a moderator, Spot? :confused:

:wah::wah: Are you suggesting that Spot only 'thinks' he is a moderator, does that make me a non moderator too? Do you actually exist Theai? Or are you just one of my crazy thoughts? :D
spot

thoughts on thoughts

Post by spot »

theia;941195 wrote: Are you really a moderator, Spot? :confused:I plead my right under the Fifth Amendment to refuse to testify on the ground that answering your question might incriminate me.

May I have a cardigan for Christmas?
Betty Boop

thoughts on thoughts

Post by Betty Boop »

Betty Boop;941202 wrote: :wah::wah: Are you suggesting that Spot only 'thinks' he is a moderator, does that make me a non moderator too? Do you actually exist Theai? Or are you just one of my crazy thoughts? :D

Make that, Are you just one of my crazy octagonal thoughts? As I never think straight... thinking about it if I never think straight could my thoughts actually be circular. :-3
spot

thoughts on thoughts

Post by spot »

Betty Boop;941208 wrote: Make that, Are you just one of my crazy octagonal thoughts? As I never think straight... thinking about it if I never think straight could my thoughts actually be circular. :-3

Foam, Betty. Your thoughts are drifting bubbles and each time one pops you blink. Every now and then someone reaches over with a whisk and stirs you up again.
Betty Boop

thoughts on thoughts

Post by Betty Boop »

Hey Theia, I was just thinking, funny how you should start thinking about all this right now. Yesterday i was reading an article in the New Scientist titled 'Essence of Thought'. I'm still thinking about it all...
theia

thoughts on thoughts

Post by theia »

Betty Boop;941202 wrote: :wah::wah: Are you suggesting that Spot only 'thinks' he is a moderator, does that make me a non moderator too? Do you actually exist Theai? Or are you just one of my crazy thoughts? :D

Some good questions here from you, Betty, very good questions. It would be quite nice to be able to answer them...but I can't :-2

But that never stopped me before...I was forgetting that spot was a moderator because we haven't had one of those threads recently asking who the moderators are. I suppose what I would throw into the discussion is does the thought that you are a moderator make you one? Could you still be a moderator if you didn't think you were one but everybody said you were?

No, Betty, I don't exist, never have, never pretended to either before you say I did. And, hey you, what's with the "crazy" thought?? Why can't I be a beautiful, inspirational and lovely thought? Eh??
abbey

thoughts on thoughts

Post by abbey »

theia;941176 wrote: (title and certain other material courtesy of Betty B)

Can there be such a thing as an unwanted thought if we think them? Is there a maximum number of thoughts we can have? Can we stop thinking at will?

Can we truly answer questions about thought, with thought? Do we have any other choices?:thinking:

I'll have to think about that one. :D
theia

thoughts on thoughts

Post by theia »

Betty Boop;941208 wrote: Make that, Are you just one of my crazy octagonal thoughts? As I never think straight... thinking about it if I never think straight could my thoughts actually be circular. :-3

I can't be octagonal because I'm straight up and straight down. Well, I can't be in my thought anyway. But I suppose I might be in your thought.
Betty Boop

thoughts on thoughts

Post by Betty Boop »

spot;941213 wrote: Foam, Betty. Your thoughts are drifting bubbles and each time one pops you blink. Every now and then someone reaches over with a whisk and stirs you up again.

Well, can you please tell this 'someone' to damn well take 'its' whisk elsewhere? So... if I think you have the power to do that Spot then you do, don't you? :thinking:
spot

thoughts on thoughts

Post by spot »

theia;941223 wrote: I was forgetting that spot was a moderator because we haven't had one of those threads recently asking who the moderators are.
spot rolls his eyes, picks theia up and carries her out to the garden shed for a talking to
theia

thoughts on thoughts

Post by theia »

spot;941240 wrote: spot rolls his eyes, picks theia up and carries her out to the garden shed for a talking to

Will you please allow me to write another Swan Song before I'm banned? Please? You see, my thoughts ran away with me, they're always doing that. They demand a huge ransom but no-one ever pays up. And then they scoff and scorn and go ne-ne. I am not my thoughts, they just happen to me. And a rowdy bunch they are.

Have pity on me...please
spot

thoughts on thoughts

Post by spot »

If you lean back and swoon I'll not be answerable for the consequences.
along-for-the-ride

thoughts on thoughts

Post by along-for-the-ride »

My thoughts are like my own private room. Only I have the key. ;)

Attached files
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Betty Boop

thoughts on thoughts

Post by Betty Boop »

*bump*

I'm still thinking...:D
theia

thoughts on thoughts

Post by theia »

Betty Boop;942163 wrote: *bump*

I'm still thinking...:D

Is that it :mad:
Betty Boop

thoughts on thoughts

Post by Betty Boop »

theia;942180 wrote: Is that it :mad:

oh dear am I in trouble now? :-3

does that mean you don't love me anymore :-1
theia

thoughts on thoughts

Post by theia »

Betty Boop;942184 wrote: oh dear am I in trouble now? :-3

does that mean you don't love me anymore :-1

And I will always love you.

I will always love you.

I will always love you.

I will always love you.

I will always love you.

I, I will always love you.

I think
AussiePam

thoughts on thoughts

Post by AussiePam »

I do not think I think, therefore while I possibly am, I may not be - o hang on, does that nonthinking count as a though, in which case I definitely am, but then probably I'm still not really. Spirality thy name is blondeness. :thinking:
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Betty Boop

thoughts on thoughts

Post by Betty Boop »

AussiePam;942232 wrote: I do not think I think, therefore while I possibly am, I may not be - o hang on, does that nonthinking count as a though, in which case I definitely am, but then probably I'm still not really. Spirality they name is blondeness. :thinking:

:wah::wah:
theia

thoughts on thoughts

Post by theia »

AussiePam;942232 wrote: I do not think I think, therefore while I possibly am, I may not be - o hang on, does that nonthinking count as a though, in which case I definitely am, but then probably I'm still not really. Spirality thy name is blondeness. :thinking:

I have just crossed the line between dippiness and complete confusion. Thank you, Pammie :mad:

Nice cuppa tea for you, my dear? :sneaky:
AussiePam

thoughts on thoughts

Post by AussiePam »

The single blonde neuron got so excited at that non-thought, Betty Boop, that it clapped it's single little hand and deep and resonant was the clang thereof - causing a great need for a cup of coffee - it being dawn and a cold Canberran dawn at that.. where I had to return urgently yesterday as my daughter is ill again... sigh.. and the little one hasn't been taken to school in a while and so he's here with me, and I hafta go see his teacher this morning and try and start catching him up on well, everything. Life can be a real bugger - still better than the alternative.

I think that whole paragraph probably seethed with thoughts - therefore I very definitely AM. But WHAT, is now the question???

AussiePam

thoughts on thoughts

Post by AussiePam »

It's really nice to see you all again. And just seeing you has given me a little boost this morning. Don't really know what today will hold, in a few areas - but then I guess none of us do. I felt so bad in here over the weekend. Silly moderator stuff. We were just funning, heck. Anyway, that's all totally insignificant against life's real problems. So onward and upward. :-6 Or coffeward... rather

Betty Boop

thoughts on thoughts

Post by Betty Boop »

Good to see you too Pam, your style and flair brightens this place up no end. Just watch out for that Theia, she's always after stuff that belongs to other people... :rolleyes:;):D
spot

thoughts on thoughts

Post by spot »

AussiePam;942252 wrote: I think that whole paragraph probably seethed with thoughts - therefore I very definitely AM. But WHAT, is now the question???

Bolshie and bad. Says so under your Username. Stands to reason.
theia

thoughts on thoughts

Post by theia »

AussiePam;942256 wrote: It's really nice to see you all again. And just seeing you has given me a little boost this morning. Don't really know what today will hold, in a few areas - but then I guess none of us do. I felt so bad in here over the weekend. Silly moderator stuff. We were just funning, heck. Anyway, that's all totally insignificant against life's real problems. So onward and upward. :-6 Or coffeward... rather

We always were a "mean team" Pammie, when in full flow. Let's not leave it so long in future...nothing like ridiculousness and nonsense to get a lift.

Sorry about your daughter being ill again. You know I'm here if you want to chat :-4
AussiePam

thoughts on thoughts

Post by AussiePam »

Thanks Theia. Full flowing mean is something one should strive for, meaningfully - the unmeaning of meaning, when redeconstructed, is something worthy of the dddddeeeepest thought. And therefore it probably is.

-----

In fact, immoderately bolshie and bad, Spot! And I don't even understand whether the reason I think I think is even moderately reasonable. When it comes to thought police, my single neuron consigns itself automatically to the sinbin, leaving my spotless mind in eternal sunshine.

:-6

Daniyal

thoughts on thoughts

Post by Daniyal »

All Of Ye, ENOSITES

Projects Some Kind Of Vibration To Those Around Thee.

2 Some Are A Pleasure To Be With.

3 They Seem To Have A Certain Energy That They Share With Others.

4 Then There Are Those Who Are Absorbed, By The Negative And The Depressed,

5 And They Seem To Actually Draw Energy Out Of People In Their Environment.

6 The Reason For This My Child; Is Because; There Is A Power Contained In Thought.

7 Know Ye That It Is Very Subtle,

8 Yet, It Does Exist And It Is Extremely "Powerful."

9 Whether A Person Is Aware Of It Or Not, The ENOSITE Is Constantly Transmitting And Receiving Thoughts,

10 This My Child, Is Why People Have Experiences Of What You Call ESP, Or *(Extra Sensory Perception) From Time To Time.

11 Some Wish To Call These Experiences Coincidences, But They Are Not.

12 Every Thought Has Weight, Shape, Size, Form, Color, Quality, And Power.

13 For Example, A Spiritual Thought Has A Yellow Color.

14 While Yet, A Thought Charged With Anger And Hatred Bears The Color

Red.

15 A Thought Is Like An Object.

16 Just As An Apple Can Be Given To Your Friend, Or Taken Back,

17 So Also It Is Possible To Give A Useful Powerful Thought To Someone And Take It Back.

18 There Is A Power, An Energy, Into Which Each Person Can Tap If The ENOSITE Only Knows It Is Available To Them.

19 This Force Inspires; Encourages, Reinforces,

20 And Gives. Strength To All Those Who Seek To Grow In A Positive Direction.

21 Many A Enosites However, Are Unaware Of This Resource,

22 Or They Have Misconceptions About It.

23 They Are Like The Farmer Who Moved To A House In The City,

24 And Live In Darkness Because He Or She Did Not Know What Those Strange Sockets In The Walls Were.

25 The Light Is There And Available To All:

26 We Need Only To Connect Ourselves With The Current. Become A Child Of Light.

27 That Literally Means That "The Light Force Shine In The Darkness And The Darkness Has Never Been Able To Put It Out, Or Comprehend It".

And Again In El's Qur'aan, The 57Th Chapter, The 28 Verse, Originally 94:28 In Part It Says: He Will Provide For You A Light By Which Ye Shall Walk Straight In Your Path...

And Also In Daniels The First Degree, The Twenty Second Verse, Which Was Given To Our Prophet Daniel The Son Of Jarah And Gebbar, Where It Says:

He Reveals Deep And Secret Things, He Knows What Is In The Darkness And The Light Dwells With Him

“The Law Of Fate (Gadur) "

28 The Law Of Fate, My Child There Is A Law In Physics That States,

29 "For Every Action There Is An Equal Opposite Reaction."

30 To Express It Popularly, It Is Said That What Goes Around, Comes Around."

31 YASHUA Ha Mashiakh Whom Ye Christians Call Jesus, And Ye Muhammadan Call

Isa, Who Is Known Spiritually As SANANDA Taught, Do Unto Others As You Would Have Them Do Until You These Are AllExpressions Of The Law Of Fate, Of Cause And Effect.

33 Whatever Thought Or Deed Comes From A Person Will Be Returned To The ENOSITE.

34 It May Not Come In The Same Form,

35 But Sooner Or Later Each Person Will Confront The Result Of His Or Her Own Actions. A Generous And Giving Person Immediately Draws A Response Of Warmth And Love. If The Person Is Hateful, He Or She Will Be Disliked, Until He Or She Remove This Negative Quality. This-Is-Law.

36 These Reactions Are Not Always Experienced Immediately.

37 Sometimes Enosite,

38 Reactions Are Not Easily Learned,

39 And Negative Patterns May Be Concentrated For Many Years.

40 A Single Lifetime My Child,

41 May Not Be Sufficient For One To Obtain Perfection.

42 Some People Create A Hell For Themselves.

43 This Is Why Some People May Have It Hard;

44 And Others Have It Easy.

45 One Healthy And Another Is Crippled.

46 One Is Cheerful And Another Depressed. One Extroverted And The Other Introverted. One Successful And The Other Unsuccessful.

47 It Is Neither Cruel Fate, Nor A Distant And Unconcerned Fate,

48 That Set The Stage For These Situations,

49 But One's Own Fate, You.

50 As Revealed To Our Servant Ahmad,

51 Who Is Called In Tones Akhmad,

51 And In Rhythm Muhammad,

52 Who Is The Son Of Abdullat And Amina

53 It Is He Who Received El's Qur'aan From The Anunnaqi Eloheem Nusqu,

54 He Who Bears The Title Gabri'el,

55 The Son Of Rasi'el And Zamma'el,

56 Where It States In The Original Order The 92nd Chapter, The 79th Verse In Part:

Whatever Good Happens To You It’s From The Source. Allah, And Whatever Evil Happens To You, So It Is From The Nafsika, Your Ownself.

57 An ENOSITE'S Life Is His Or Her Own Responsibilty.
Never Argue With An Idiot. They Drag You Down To Their Level Then Beat You With Experience.

When An Elder Passes On To Higher Life , Its Like One Of The Library Have Shut Down

To Desire Security Is A Sign Of Insecurity .

It's Not The Things One Knows That Get Him Or Her In Trouble , Its The Things One Knows That Just Isn't So That Get Them In Trouble

When you can control a man's thinking you don't have to worry about his action ...:driving:
AussiePam

thoughts on thoughts

Post by AussiePam »

Ah Theia. I wish you were still around!! It seems so long since we played with words and ideas and brown cardis and will-o-the-wisps. Of course we can only all go forward - and right now it is through a desert.

Daniyal

thoughts on thoughts

Post by Daniyal »

What Is Potential

(19x2) = 38

Lo’

What Is Potential?,

What Does Potential

Mean To You And

Your Life? And What

Will Make You

Overstand What

Potential You Have?

2. The Word Potential, As Used In English,

Is Taken From Many Other Languages.

3. Look At It In Middle English,

Potencial, From Old

French Potenciel, From Late

Latin Potenti3Lis,

Powerful, From Latin Potentia,

Power, From Potent-, Present Participle Of

Posse, To Be Able.

4. Now Look At The Word Potentate, Used

In The Higher Ranking Masters Of Freemasons, As

Grand Potentate.

5. What Does

Mean?

6. The Word Potentate

Means One Who Has

The Power And

Position To Rule Over

Others; A Monarch, Or

One Who Dominates

Or Leads A Group Or

An Endeavor:”

7. Now Look At

Potent. Potent Is

Adjacent To Other

Words, Or What They

Call An Adjective, To

Have An Effect On

Something, As To Color It Or

Change Its Size Or Appearance In

Any Form Or Fashion, To Improve

Upon It, Or To Take

Away From It.

8. First Let’s Look At

Potent, Meaning

“Possessing Inner Or

Physical Strength;

Powerful, Exerting Or

Capable Of Exerting

Strong Physiological Or

Chemical Effects: Potent

Liquor; A Potent Toxin.

Exerting Or Capable Of

Exerting Strong Influence;

Cogent. Potent

Arguments . Having Great Control

Or Authority, A Male

Able To Perform Sexual

intercourse.

9. Now Lets Look At

Impotent Lacking

Physical Strength Or

Vigor; Weak. Lacking

In Power, As To Act

Effectively; Helpless:

10. They Want To

Make You Impotent.

They Want To

Remove Your

Potentiality.

11. They Don’t ‘Want Know That

You Are Part Of The OM, Also

Spelled Aum, The Very Source Of Things.

12. They Can't Let You Find Out That

You Are What They

Call The Omnipotent.

13. Let Me Define That: The Word

Omnipotent Means "Having Unlimited Or

Universal Power, Authority, Or Force;

All-Powerful.

14. One Having Unlimited Power Or Authority,

To Be In Control, A Title Given To God, Or

Allah, Or Yahweh Or Adonai, Or Thehos, Or

Hashem, Or Dios.

15. That's Right When It Says That

The Creator Breathed Into You Of His

Own Spirit Or Essence,

16. And You Became A Living Soul, Be

It Bible Or Koranic Information, The

Fact Still Remains, That The Presence Of

Deity Is In You And Is You.

17. You Are Indeed The Omnipotent.

18. You Are In The All And All Is In You.

19. The All Does, You Do, The All Can,

And So Can You.

20. You Merely Have To Realize

Your Potential.

21. The Latent Power Of Divinity In You,

Waiting To Spring Forth Like A Falcon

Soars To The Skies,

22. Or Like A Phoenix Raising Out Of

Its Own Ashes.

23. You Too Must Be Aware Of The Divine

In You And Bring It To The Surface Of Your

Being, And Then

Share It With Others. Make Good

People Better.

24.Mentally, Physically And Spiritually.

25. You Have The Potential To Be

Anything And Anybody That You

Create Within Your Mind's Eye.

26. Note The Prefix Of Potential, Which Is

Poti, Meaning, "Powerful; Lord. From

Latin Potis Powerful, Able.

27. Note In The Definition You Have

The Word Lord,

28. A Word In Your Hebrew Bible,

That Translates As Yahweh, Taken From

The Sumerian To Mean Yah "Good",

And Weh "Evil".

29. For It Means Simply To Master Or

Rule Something Or Someone, And This

Could Be Either Positive Or Negative Control,

And In Your Arabic Koran, You

Have Rab, Also Master.

30. You Must Use It Positively, Positive.

31. Now, Let Me Further Lift The Spell

Of Leviathan, Kingu, To Stop The Adverse

Forces Of Six Ether,

32. And Open Your Channels For You To

Re-Align Yourself With That Divine.

33. Your Potential, Or Potentials You Can Awaken.

34. They Merely Have To Be Called Upon By Yourself.

35. Necessity Is Usually The Most

Encouraging Force.

36. One: Your Majesty Of Body,

Soul And Spirit, On To Ether,

37. Two: Your Higher Inner Qualities,

And The Link And

Alignment With Those Higher Potentials,

Out Of The Body Merely

Await Your Beckoning Call.

38. Three: Your Ability To Govern

Circumstances

Humins, And Their Potentials, Is There

Within You As A Deity;

You Must Be Turned Inside Out.

M.Z.York
Never Argue With An Idiot. They Drag You Down To Their Level Then Beat You With Experience.

When An Elder Passes On To Higher Life , Its Like One Of The Library Have Shut Down

To Desire Security Is A Sign Of Insecurity .

It's Not The Things One Knows That Get Him Or Her In Trouble , Its The Things One Knows That Just Isn't So That Get Them In Trouble

When you can control a man's thinking you don't have to worry about his action ...:driving:
Nomad

thoughts on thoughts

Post by Nomad »

[quote=theia;941176](title and certain other material courtesy of Betty B)

Very provacative Theia.

Probably our thoughts are partially a product of the environment we find ourselves in at any given moment, coupled with preconceived assessments

of some type of established foundation weve built for ourselves.

I think we associate visual images with situational events. The other day I got a twinge as I was driving by the cemetary where my mother is buried and my mind flooded with childhood images as my thoughts raced all over.

Size of thoughts might be equated to personal priorities or the seriousness of an event that impacted you more than another.

Id say certainly our thoughts and patterns of thinking, the way in which we analyze or assess our life are directly related to our experiences and our experiences are a summation of what molds us and how we develop.

I have unwanted thoughts all the time. My patterns of thinking in general are detrimental to my well being. Not always but too often. Im in the process and have been for some time of redirecting unwanted thoughts. Instead of business as usual then living with ugly results from unhealthy thinking Im learning to recognize the pattern and undo notions that were instilled in me from an early age. Its a difficult and sometimes exhausting process but the more I act on this and apply effort the less frequent the unwanted thoughts appear. Ive made it my priority to constantly evaluate and adjust the way in which I think in order to achieve my goal which is at the very least a modicum of well being yet ultimately to aspire wisdom and love and to effect that upon others.

I think our minds are capable of understanding more than we allow them too. And maybe partly as civilization progresses our future generations will be more capable than we are now but as it stands today I think we are underachievers and lazy in these matters.

I believe we can control our thoughts at will and even to achieve ultimate darkness and silence but not without great effort and sacrifice. I think that last sentence is really at the heart of it.

Can we truly answer questions about thought, with thought? Do we have any other choices ?

?
I AM AWESOME MAN
Nomad

thoughts on thoughts

Post by Nomad »

As an after thought like myself I think you are an introvert Theia.

Since I believe inter personal relationships are ultimately what makes people happy learning to think outside of self is critical to forming positive thoughts. Not an easy task.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Hamster

thoughts on thoughts

Post by Hamster »

Nomad;1150172 wrote: As an after thought like myself I think you are an introvert Theia.

Since I believe inter personal relationships are ultimately what makes people happy learning to think outside of self is critical to forming positive thoughts. Not an easy task.

What would you define as "outside of self" in terms of thoughts?
Challenges are opportunities in work clothes.
Rapunzel

thoughts on thoughts

Post by Rapunzel »

Maybe he means thinking about other people instead of oneself. I think. :-3
Nomad

thoughts on thoughts

Post by Nomad »

Rapunzel;1150196 wrote: Maybe he means thinking about other people instead of oneself. I think. :-3

Yes.

Introverts internalize and live inside of themselves. If personal relationships are what makes us happy then obviously we have to give in order to receive. I mean we all do but were not all introverted, it comes more naturally for some than others. That requires extroverted efforts. In order to get what we need to free ourselves from being trapped within requires a complete revamping of thought patterns which is what I was referring to.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Hamster

thoughts on thoughts

Post by Hamster »

Nomad;1150202 wrote: Yes.

Introverts internalize and live inside of themselves. If personal relationships are what makes us happy then obviously we have to give in order to receive. I mean we all do but were not all introverted, it comes more naturally for some than others. That requires extroverted efforts. In order to get what we need to free ourselves from being trapped within requires a complete revamping of thought patterns which is what I was referring to.

We are back to getting out of the comfort zone again I think.

How long does it take for an extroverted thought to become a belief or a habit?
Nomad

thoughts on thoughts

Post by Nomad »

Hamster;1150215 wrote: We are back to getting out of the comfort zone again I think.

How long does it take for an extroverted thought to become a belief or a habit?

I suppose it depends on the individual and their commitment level.

Ill give you an example of one of my efforts to change behavior.

I used to be a craphead driver. Pissed off when people got in my way, gave them the finger that kind of thing.

I prefered to be a calm driver so I had to become aware of my undesirable behavior at the moment it was happening.

After recognizing I was doing what I didnt wish to be doing I purposefully stopped the behavior then redirected my thoughts to desired behavior. It took many many many repeated efforts but eventually I became what I wished to become.

That was kind of a turning point in understanding how to achieve what I wanted or needed.

This method works for me so I apply the same in any and all areas of my life that require attention.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Hamster

thoughts on thoughts

Post by Hamster »

Nomad;1150234 wrote: I suppose it depends on the individual and their commitment level.

Ill give you an example of one of my efforts to change behavior.

I used to be a craphead driver. Pissed off when people got in my way, gave them the finger that kind of thing.

I prefered to be a calm driver so I had to become aware of my undesirable behavior at the moment it was happening.

After recognizing I was doing what I didnt wish to be doing I purposefully stopped the behavior then redirected my thoughts to desired behavior. It took many many many repeated efforts but eventually I became what I wished to become.

That was kind of a turning point in understanding how to achieve what I wanted or needed.

This method works for me so I apply the same in any and all areas of my life that require attention.

This is what I have been doing too..do you find each time you apply the same process to a different type of behaviour it takes less effort to change it? Or the same amount?
Nomad

thoughts on thoughts

Post by Nomad »

Hamster;1150237 wrote: This is what I have been doing too..do you find each time you apply the same process to a different type of behaviour it takes less effort to change it? Or the same amount?

Maybe with the specific behavior but for me each behavior I attack is like starting from scratch.

I already understand the principle but some of my thought patterns are really ingrained in my psyche. Also identifying some of the behavior is an effort unto itself.

One thing Im finding is that the challenges are less exhausting and more uplifting because I can sense myself moving or evolving in real time as opposed to little increments that might otherwise seem unnoticeable over a period of years.

I think the process accelerates itself because Im more cognizant of myself than I was say 5 yrs ago.

I feel a little corny talking about this in the open but what the hell, its my life and to me the movement is extremely exciting.
I AM AWESOME MAN

Return to “Philosophy”