Eunice

What's the weather like today?
Betty Boop

Eunice

Post by Betty Boop »

Battening down the hatches its going to get rough! I live in that red zone, schools are closed, the hospitals have cancelled tomorrows outpatient appointments and all the shops are closed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60417263
LarsMac

Re: Eunice

Post by LarsMac »

That looks pretty rough.
Hope you all are safe and warm.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Post by spot »

My train's speed is capped at 50mph, I'll be an hour late at the airport if I'm lucky enough to get there then. My motto of the day is Onward and Upward, I don't know where it comes from though.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

spot wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:26 am My train's speed is capped at 50mph, I'll be an hour late at the airport if I'm lucky enough to get there then. My motto of the day is Onward and Upward, I don't know where it comes from though.
Stanley Holloway, Stories of Old Sam
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

I don't think it's been as bad as it could have been to be fair. Barely any trains have run out of the town, there's been no post, no buses and looks like lots of people just stayed home to be safe. I have to head out shortly to check on the elderly so it will be interesting to see if there's much damage out and about. It might be that my street just isn't getting the worst of the wind so it's not seemed bad at all.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

spot wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:26 am My train's speed is capped at 50mph, I'll be an hour late at the airport if I'm lucky enough to get there then. My motto of the day is Onward and Upward, I don't know where it comes from though.
Let's hope your plane speed doesn't get capped for take off :lol: - if it takes off. Will keep everything crossed for you. Where are you going anyway?
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

By lunchtime all trains out of the county were cancelled, too many trees down on the lines. The roof has gone from a Fire Station and Sennen Branch of the RNLI.
I think I was personally lucky to live on the lower edge of the weather warning and well away from the North Coast.
spot

Post by spot »

Betty Boop wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:19 amWhere are you going anyway?
I've arrived at an apartment in the Old Town area of Warsaw, and it's amazingly warm here for February.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

spot wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:26 pm
I've arrived at an apartment in the Old Town area of Warsaw, and it's amazingly warm here for February.
Oh how very cultured of you, sounds wonderful, very jealous.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

spot wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:26 pm
Enjoy :-)
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Funnily enough, the part where I was didn't really seem to get hit that hard. I locked the Office Door because the door opens inward & it kept blowing the door open. I also took the Bins into the Warehouse for safety, but apart from that, it was just a bit blowy. However, surrounding areas seemed to gt hit really bad.
Perhaps it's just my presence...
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

I'm sure there was a thread on here somewhere maybe over a decade ago talking about how to keep cool.
Who knew you guys would actually need it.
Drought is next then a depression and then war.

If it's any consolation we've had the coldest start to winter in history.....like EVER!
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

When we started this trip, we were traveling in record heat, everywhere.
Now trying to get home through torrential rains, with road closures and bridge washouts.
- DH Lawrence
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

We managed to plot a course that kept us on higher grounds, where there was no "Flash floods" to contend with, though we did pass over an old bridge under which the water was very close, and was carrying a lot of debris.
In our home county, the rains had moved on, and the crops, which had been drooping a bit when we left, where almost aglow from the refreshment.
- DH Lawrence

Return to “Weather Station”