Mike in USA

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
mikeinie

Mike in USA

Post by mikeinie »

We are having a great holiday and we are now we are in Cleveland Ohio, the weather continues to be fantastic for this time of year. I can’t believe that we are in October I am walking around in shorts today. Going to drive into the city center tomorrow and go to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and take a look around.

I hope you are all well .

Michael:driving:
Kathy Ellen

Mike in USA

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hi Mike,

Hope you're having a fabulous time in Cleveland.... Have never been to Ohio. I live along the Atlantic coast in a wee seaside town.

Boy, you're lucky to have our warm autumn...Did you plan it that way:wah:

Hope you like the States....is this your first trip here??
mikeinie

Mike in USA

Post by mikeinie »

Hi Kathy,

Thanks your post, I am loving the weather particularly as in Ireland this year it rained almost all summer, so it is great to get some sunshine.

I use to live in Toronto Canada before moving to Ireland and spent much of my teenage years and early 20’s travelling around both Canada and the States. I have always enjoyed visiting the States, there is still one place that I need to visit and that is the Grand Canyon. I would love to see it one day. How about you? Have you travelled much?
AussiePam

Mike in USA

Post by AussiePam »

G'day Mike and Kathy. Your trip sounds great, Mike. So glad you've got the good weather. I had a little walk round the Dingle Peninsula in May and I don't think I've ever seen so much rain. I think I swam through the bogs... grin. Kathy - how's the beach?
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

mikeinie

Mike in USA

Post by mikeinie »

AussiePam;708696 wrote: G'day Mike and Kathy. Your trip sounds great, Mike. So glad you've got the good weather. I had a little walk round the Dingle Peninsula in May and I don't think I've ever seen so much rain. I think I swam through the bogs... grin. Kathy - how's the beach?

You were in Dingle? What a great place. Yes unfortunately this was not a good year for Ireland tourists, the worst I have seen in the 8 years I have lived there. I hope that you still had a great time after coming such a long way from Australia.
AussiePam

Mike in USA

Post by AussiePam »

Mike, it was wonderful. I like long distance hiking and had maps and a compass and a backpack. Stayed in small hostelries etc. Although I was kitted out in proper gear, I think I really needed wellies and oilskins. Grin. But I had a total ball. Fell in every waterhole in every bog, got tangled in gorse, had adventures, met some colourful locals, was stalked by sheep etc etc. Joined up with a couple of German girls at one point. I have never seen anything so green. Lots of history too. My Irish Gaelic is a bit rusty, but I used it in a few places, and it worked.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Kathy Ellen

Mike in USA

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hi Mike,

My family comes from Donegal and I've been travelling to Ireland since I was 19 to visit my loved ones. I plan to finally visit again in the summer of 2009. Unfortunately, my family has moved around quite a bit, so now I roam from Donegal to Clare to Dublin and Dundalk area.

I've also visited Spain, Portugal, London, Wales, Germany, France and Italy.

I really love Canada and don't visit enough. We used to visit Toronto a lot since my relatives lived in Buffalo, NY which is only 20 minutes away from the border.

Have a great time in the States Mike. Too bad you weren't coming along the Atlantic coast.

(((((PAM)))) How are ya my friend:-4 The beach is beautiful now and so peaceful. It's just the locals wandering about. Klees is awesome and still so much fun:guitarist Left some pics on the "Where U Live" thread."
Kathy Ellen

Mike in USA

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Oh, forgot Killarney, my cousin Liz lives there and that's my second home now. Love the lakes and Dingle.
mikeinie

Mike in USA

Post by mikeinie »

Wow, no surprise that you are now living by the Atlantic coast. You are defiantly a water person. Donegal is gorgeous as is Clare. You have seen some great places; it is a beautiful world isn’t it?
WonderWendy3

Mike in USA

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Glad to hear you are having a good time in the USA, you are a bit too North to get a pop-tart from me still.....:p
pinkchick

Mike in USA

Post by pinkchick »

Hey Mike :-6

Glad to hear you are all having a lovely time.....

Bring some sunshine back to Ireland please :D
Very nearly perfect ... :D
buttercup

Mike in USA

Post by buttercup »

oooooooooooooooh i'm jealous :-4
minks

Mike in USA

Post by minks »

i am still pouting you didn't come west :P

And!!!! Where are pictures young man?? Hmmmm?

:p:wah:

Have fun, glad the weather is holding up for you.

Signed

Minksinthewest
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West

Return to “Travel Places”