I'm the first, I'm the first!

chicagolosina

Post by chicagolosina »

Okay, I'm over it now. :D

If your considering joining a gym, check out the YMCA. Not only do they offer you programs for the entire family (to do alone or together), it's less expensive than your neighbourhood gym, childcare and programs are also included in your membership.

I cannot say enough about this organization......I recently joined after my neighbourhood gym membership expired. I was tired of always being bombarded with offers to extend my membership, all the hidden fees and paying $2/hour per kid for childcare..when I was paying $60/month to use thier facilites 3 times/week. I pay $140/month for a family membership at the Y. (me and three kids)

I also have my kids in all sorts of different programs, costing me big $$ plus I have to drive all over the place to get them there. When thier programs finish they will be going exclusively to the Y, I can do my workouts while they take thier classes or drop into organized sports activities. I figure the Y will save me about $100/month and about six hours of my time per month, which is priceless.

Look into it, you might be surprised with all the things you can do for relativley little money. :driving:
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

chicagolosina wrote: Okay, I'm over it now. :D

If your considering joining a gym, check out the YMCA. Not only do they offer you programs for the entire family (to do alone or together), it's less expensive than your neighbourhood gym, childcare and programs are also included in your membership.

I cannot say enough about this organization......I recently joined after my neighbourhood gym membership expired. I was tired of always being bombarded with offers to extend my membership, all the hidden fees and paying $2/hour per kid for childcare..when I was paying $60/month to use thier facilites 3 times/week. I pay $140/month for a family membership at the Y. (me and three kids)

I also have my kids in all sorts of different programs, costing me big $$ plus I have to drive all over the place to get them there. When thier programs finish they will be going exclusively to the Y, I can do my workouts while they take thier classes or drop into organized sports activities. I figure the Y will save me about $100/month and about six hours of my time per month, which is priceless.

Look into it, you might be surprised with all the things you can do for relativley little money. :driving:I agree with you. Our YMCA in Dublin is far more cheaper than those swanky Gyms one sees about. And the Y is very good value for money. Support your local is my motto.But I don't attend as much as I used to. At 96 years, these old bones are not like the used to be.:D
minks

Post by minks »

m;y daughter and friends spend every friday evening at the Y as they host a teen nite where the kids get to play basket ball, use the work out equipment and I think that is fabulous as kids need some place to burn off energy, play and hang out and just be kids.

Horray for the Y
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
A Karenina

Post by A Karenina »

Great idea, chicagolosina :)

The park district is another option.

The one in our little Chicago suburb offered Friday night live music and dances for adolescents. It was considered "cool" to go, we parents knew it was perfectly safe, amateur musicians could get up to play their songs, and the kids loved going. Yay!

I'd like to say the kids all danced, but at that age, it was more like the girls would dance and the boys would watch, hopelessly lost, wanting to dance, feeling insecure, and trying to be cool. LOL, bless their hearts!
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.

Aristotle

Return to “Kids Family”