My 2 year old is so active

kmhowe72

Post by kmhowe72 »

While I was in the kitchen, my husband was in the living room, and my two year old starting jumping up and down on th couch. I think he is board. I think that's because he has been in the house more since October. Well I am happy for the first time to day he counted to five. Does anyone know so good activites for indoors?
kmhowe
Sheryl

Post by Sheryl »

I know it can be messy, but try fingerpaints or watercolors. My son loved to paint so I would strip him down to his undies and let him paint to his heart's content. Also blocks were a big hit.

Another idea is use some boxes and let him build forts and such.
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
minks

Post by minks »

kmhowe72 wrote: While I was in the kitchen, my husband was in the living room, and my two year old starting jumping up and down on th couch. I think he is board. I think that's because he has been in the house more since October. Well I am happy for the first time to day he counted to five. Does anyone know so good activites for indoors?

Teach your child how to do the dishes, yep pull up a chair to the sink, fill it with cool water and toss in some plastic dishes and let him wash the dishes while you supervise kids love this.

I had a good laugh at your subject line here. When Daughter number 2 was 2 she was such a buzy bee. We had our kitcfhen chairs tied together under the kitchen table as she would haul them out and climb up them and on to the counter, the shelves etc and I feared she would either fall, or land on the stove, or end up head first in the sink with concussion. We had to tie shut the fridge, stove and dishwasher as she would open these things and use them as steps to get ontop of the counters. we pulled all the handles off our drawers you know the ones that are 4 lined up one on top of the other as she would use the handles as foot holds to get on to the counter. We then found her later pulling the drawers open and using these like a ladder. She had a great facination with grocery bags and would snitch them and put things like our keys in them, shoes, odds and ends then one or the other of us would think this wee bag was garbage and toss it out. Yes we had to cut many a new key for the house and car. She loved to cook so with adult supervision we would bake, or cook things that did not reguire leaning over a hot pan or pot. She could manipulate the doors easily and we had to attach a bell to her clothing every day as she would try and sneak out the doors to outside. We did not child proof our doors to the outside as I feared in a fire situation no one would get out, and with having an older daughter these doors may have kept her locked in during a panic fire situation. Our youngest was such an active girl that when we were in the stores she was put in a Kiddie harness and boy did we get the looks but it beat loosing her in clothing racks, and shelves.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo all in all active kids are fun, but challenging. So they require loads of parent/child time.

Other activities, home made clay, take some blankets and pillows to the living room and build tents. Music, set up a dance space and let Jr. dance. Crafts with child safe paste and things like paper tubes, large macaroni, bits of string and colored wool, or any colorful tactile item that your child can't swallow. Or if your watching close buttons and beads are fun. Let your child take large macaroni and string it onto a long piece of string and make jewellery with it. Yes and wear it proudly kids love that.

Out door kiddie pool in your back yard is great fun. Oh I could go on.

Good luck I know what your mean by an "active" youngster.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
kmhowe72

Post by kmhowe72 »

Thank you for emails and advice. First I want to say that the reason my children have nbeen mostly in the house(NOT ALL THE TIME) because it's really winter her right now. Also my fouteeth month old had Cleft palate surgery in DEC. and that was nasty. Anyway the doctor said we had to try to keep her away from germs. Anyway, my son as been throwing a ball since he was about 6 months yes 6 months I am not making that up. Even at two he knows how to shoot a basket. Maybe he'll grow up like Larry bird. Bubbles are a good Idea, and the tranpoline is a good idea for jacob and I. Anyway they both have ton's of toys. My husband and I are very giving to our children.

But the spring is here and it will soon get warm and then we will go to the park.

Thanks. Does anybody know anykind of safe creative time as far as making something. :confused: :-3
kmhowe
Sheryl

Post by Sheryl »

http://www.freekidcrafts.com/

Here is a website that has alot of different ideas for crafts with children. Hope it gives you some ideas.

Sheryl
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

kmhowe72 wrote: While I was in the kitchen, my husband was in the living room, and my two year old starting jumping up and down on th couch. I think he is board. I think that's because he has been in the house more since October. Well I am happy for the first time to day he counted to five. Does anyone know so good activites for indoors?
Good that he can count. Can he read? That's fun.
koan

Post by koan »

My daughter at two was obsessed with bedtime. She used to put her dolls to sleep all over the house with anything she could find as a blanket...toilet paper, dishcloths, you name it. She also used to wrap herself up in a blanket and wait for me to find her and unwrap her. "oooooh. it's just what I always wanted".

Never had to worry about climbing. She also used to line all her crayons up on end and pretend they were Miss Clavel and all the children from Madeline.

Never had to come up with stuff to entertain her. Sorry. Watch out for three though. That's when they learn to hit.
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

koan wrote: My daughter at two was obsessed with bedtime. She used to put her dolls to sleep all over the house with anything she could find as a blanket...toilet paper, dishcloths, you name it. She also used to wrap herself up in a blanket and wait for me to find her and unwrap her. "oooooh. it's just what I always wanted".

Never had to worry about climbing. She also used to line all her crayons up on end and pretend they were Miss Clavel and all the children from Madeline.

Never had to come up with stuff to entertain her. Sorry. Watch out for three though. That's when they learn to hit.
Funny about how kiddos can keep themselves amused with so little. If only the parents could learn to do that every once in a while..
koan

Post by koan »

kensloft wrote: Funny about how kiddos can keep themselves amused with so little. If only the parents could learn to do that every once in a while..

I thought of a response but I can't put it on a kiddie thread! :lips:
kmhowe72

Post by kmhowe72 »

Well this is avery popular subject. Today in the store I saw a mash tunnel that kids could crawl through I am getting it next week. my apartment always looks like disney land or somekind of amusment park. I always pride myself in getting the most use out of the toy's. One reason is , is that my daughter who's 14 month's as a problem with a curveture of the spine. :-2 She cannot walk yet.
kmhowe
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

koan wrote: I thought of a response but I can't put it on a kiddie thread! :lips:
:-2
koan

Post by koan »

kensloft wrote: :-2
I'll let you know elsewhere. ;)
kensloft

Post by kensloft »

koan wrote: I'll let you know elsewhere. ;)
OK!

Return to “Kids Family”