How do you get your toddler Asleep

kmhowe72

Post by kmhowe72 »

How do you get your toddler asleep. Because I am having trouble with that.
kmhowe
chicagolosina

Post by chicagolosina »

Watch the TV show "SuperNanny" Seems she has a few techniques that seem to work well on kids and bedtime.
kmhowe72

Post by kmhowe72 »

Yes my husband and I have watched the supernanny. and it's pretty good. Thanks for the idea's though. :guitarist
kmhowe
koan

Post by koan »

You could try telling them that the floor turns into a great big shark filled ocean when you turn the lights out...I'm still in therapy.
robinseggs

Post by robinseggs »

I completely agree with Mary.....routine, routine, routine.....I can't emphasize it enough! Toddlers are creatures of habit and they will thrive on a bedtime routine that they can count on. I have some great creative ideas for you but first I was wondering what the major problem is right now. I don't want to bore you with ideas you have already tried! I know these little monsters are extremely crafty with all of their tactics!!!!!
Nature laughs Last
kmhowe72

Post by kmhowe72 »

Well the problem with us right now is not so much as routine. It's more that we are stuck in a one bed room apartment. We moved here when my husband and I were boyfriend and girlfriend. We decieded that evrything in the apartment has to go off at 8. That way, their won't be any externial stimli. Both our babies eat around 5-6, then they have a little play time. Then around 7 we give them their bath, and brush their teeth, we read to them . and then everything goes off. The past two nights it has been working. After they are in their beds they fall asleep. and we go out and enjoy a quiet night together. :guitarist
kmhowe
persephone

Post by persephone »

Well me telling you that my parents bought me a portable TV and I used to fall asleep watching that won't help with one bedroom.

I have always had a sleep problem it seems, would wake up in the middle of the night, back then 3 channels and they all turned off at a certain time, just used to watch the fuzzy screen though and that sent me off :wah:
Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.
robinseggs

Post by robinseggs »

Well it sounds like you have an excellent evening routine! The Sleep Clinic here says it should take 3 days to start a new habit/routine....in other words if you stick to this routine for 3 solid evenings, your toddlers won't remember the old bad habits or any other way things were done. They will come to expect what has been done for past 3 days. This theory has worked like magic for my mom friends/myself with our children and works super for those babies that start screaming til you come back and it seems they will never go to sleep. After 3 days of a new routine it should be a piece of cake!
Nature laughs Last

Return to “Kids Family”