Kids Toothpaste?

sleepingbeauty
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:40 am

Kids Toothpaste?

Post by sleepingbeauty »

What kind of toothpaste do you use for you little one? I have been using ProNamel for children. It's really good because it was developed by dentists to re-strengthen enamel since kids tend to eat more acidic foods. Its for kids ages 2 and up.
qsducks
Posts: 29018
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:14 am

Kids Toothpaste?

Post by qsducks »

Colgate childrens toothpaste
User avatar
daBunnyWendy7
Posts: 457
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:55 pm

Kids Toothpaste?

Post by daBunnyWendy7 »

qsducks;1183593 wrote: Colgate childrens toothpaste
Me, too. It is very effective and comes in decorative tubes kids love.:)
Wendybunny









Everyone can make the world a better place!
User avatar
Oscar Namechange
Posts: 31842
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:26 am

Kids Toothpaste?

Post by Oscar Namechange »

I buy beef flavour toothpaste for my dogs from the vets :wah:
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
qsducks
Posts: 29018
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:14 am

Kids Toothpaste?

Post by qsducks »

daBunnyWendy7;1183595 wrote: Me, too. It is very effective and comes in decorative tubes kids love.:)


Yeah, like Shrek toothpaste etc.
User avatar
daBunnyWendy7
Posts: 457
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:55 pm

Kids Toothpaste?

Post by daBunnyWendy7 »

We found Spiderman toothpaste!!! YEA!!! LOL!!!
Wendybunny









Everyone can make the world a better place!
Swimming maggie
Posts: 174
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:08 am

Kids Toothpaste?

Post by Swimming maggie »

daBunnyWendy7;1183601 wrote: We found Spiderman toothpaste!!! YEA!!! LOL!!!


Its amazing what they have for children now, I know I am showing my age but when my 2 daughters were little there was just toothpaste, age was irrelevant.
qsducks
Posts: 29018
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:14 am

Kids Toothpaste?

Post by qsducks »

Swimming maggie;1183848 wrote: Its amazing what they have for children now, I know I am showing my age but when my 2 daughters were little there was just toothpaste, age was irrelevant.


When I run out of the adult toothpaste I use the Shrek toothpaste:wah:
User avatar
Bill Sikes
Posts: 5515
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:21 am

Kids Toothpaste?

Post by Bill Sikes »

sleepingbeauty;1183590 wrote: What kind of toothpaste do you use for you little one?


Aquafresh "Big Teeth".



sleepingbeauty;1183590 wrote: since kids tend to eat more acidic foods. Its for kids ages 2 and up.


Let them eat (or drink) these things at appropriate times. Brush teeth very soon afterwards.
sleepingbeauty
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:40 am

Kids Toothpaste?

Post by sleepingbeauty »

Swimming maggie;1183848 wrote: Its amazing what they have for children now, I know I am showing my age but when my 2 daughters were little there was just toothpaste, age was irrelevant.


Well the reason why its called "ProNamel for Children" is because it has a reduced fluoride formula. Too much fluoride for children can be a concern.

Bill Sikes- you shouldn't brush too soon after they eat acidic foods. That is when enamel is softest and can wear away easily. You should wait at least an hour.
User avatar
Bill Sikes
Posts: 5515
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:21 am

Kids Toothpaste?

Post by Bill Sikes »

sleepingbeauty;1184028 wrote: Well the reason why its called "ProNamel for Children" is because it has a reduced fluoride formula. Too much fluoride for children can be a concern.


However, fluoride is needed most when teeth erupt. It's a good idea to consult a dentist - if your water is fluoridated, or you're taking fluoride supplements, or you live in an area where there's naturally lots of fluoride, as you say, there's a concern (fluorosis).

Fluorosis

sleepingbeauty;1184028 wrote: Bill Sikes- you shouldn't brush too soon after they eat acidic foods. That is when enamel is softest and can wear away easily. You should wait at least an hour.


Thank you for that information.
fuzzywuzzy
Posts: 6596
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:35 pm

Kids Toothpaste?

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Hmmmm I don't like the fluoride debate we have in our country.

My kids have been on rain water pure all their lives and I was warned I should give them a fluoride suppliment. One's 11 the other 14 and only now am I seeing the beginnings of cavities. I was given suppliments as a child and had cavities by the age of 8 We had a better diet than my children have in terms of lollies, soft drinks etc. I"m not convinced by the fluoride debate and putting the stuff in our water systems.
User avatar
Bill Sikes
Posts: 5515
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:21 am

Kids Toothpaste?

Post by Bill Sikes »

fuzzywuzzy;1184120 wrote: My kids have been on rain water pure all their lives and I was warned I should give them a fluoride suppliment. One's 11 the other 14 and only now am I seeing the beginnings of cavities.


Hell's Bells. Of the people I know under 30, there're only a handful of fillings between them. Fluoride toothpaste has been in use for ages. I don't know of any major problems. Fluoridated water has been drunk since our dawn of time - the only issue seems to be fluorosis, if too much is ingested. I wish fluoride supplements had been available in the year dot minus one, then I wouldn't have so many fillings. The invention of Nylon around then would've helped, too.

Return to “Kids Family”