Colo. mom, baby revived after Christmas Eve birth

Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

DENVER – A Colorado woman says a Christmas miracle brought her and her newborn son back from the brink of death after her heart stopped beating during childbirth and the baby was delivered showing no signs of life.

"I got a second chance in life," Tracy Hermanstorfer said.

Hermanstorfer, 33, was being prepped for childbirth at Memorial Hospital in Colorado Springs Thursday morning. Her 37-year-old husband was by her side when she began to feel sleepy and lay back in her bed.

"She literally stopped breathing and her heart stopped," her husband, Mike, told The Associated Press. Pandemonium erupted as doctors and nurses tried to revive her with chest compressions and a breathing tube, but nothing worked.

"I was holding her hand when we realized she was gone," Mike Hermanstorfer said. "My entire life just rolled out."

Doctors told him, "We're going to take your son out now. We have been unable to revive her and we're going to take your son out," he recalled.

After the Cesarean section, some of the team rushed his wife to the operating room while the others attended to Coltyn. They handed him to Mike Hermanstorfer, who said the baby was "absolutely lifeless."

Story Link: Colo. mom, baby revived after Christmas Eve birth - Yahoo! News
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

What an amazing story and how wonderful that they both survived.

Thanks for sharing that Dizzy.

She will have to be very carefully monitored during any future pregnancies.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

A similar event occurred with my wife's niece. The child was born Autistic and the event was blamed for the Autism until her next child was also born Autistic.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Return to “Kids Family”