Festival + Fireworks

theezy

Festival + Fireworks

Post by theezy »

Well I had a fun evening.. My daughter's mom (my ex) invited me to go to a festival with her and the kids (my daughter and her son).. My brother and his two friends randomly stopped in for a visit and I told them what I was about to go do, and they wanted to tag along. So we all went to the festival which was a few towns over.. We walked around the little stands they had and checked out the stuff people were selling.. I got a bratwurst from the German stand.. We watched the concert going on there for a while, then the kids went on the carnival rides.. After that we headed over to the high school in that town to watch the HUGE professional fireworks display.. I have to say it was quite impressive. They were shooting up some pretty amazing fireworks and the show must have lasted 45 minutes. At the end they did their grand finale and shot of a million fireworks at once.. Well maybe not a million but there was a bunch. After that we all went to a restaurant for dinner..

Now I'm finally home the lil one fell asleep in the car on the way home, she was tired.
kazalala

Festival + Fireworks

Post by kazalala »

sounds like a great day! Its good you can still get on with your ex and go out as a family. Your kids are very lucky:)

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
theezy

Festival + Fireworks

Post by theezy »

Thanks.. Yes we get along much better as friends than we did as "lovers."

We only have one kid together, her son is by her new hubby.
kazalala

Festival + Fireworks

Post by kazalala »

theezy;1314030 wrote: Thanks.. Yes we get along much better as friends than we did as "lovers."

We only have one kid together, her son is by her new hubby.

well both kids are lucky, it must make such a difference to them:-6

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Betty Boop

Festival + Fireworks

Post by Betty Boop »

That's great that you all get on, I'd give my hind teeth for that! Although five years on and things are possibly getting easier, at least he's civil 90% of the time now :rolleyes:

We have big celebrations at the end of the month in our local town, I suspect my two children will be with their dad and I'll go and tag along with friends and their children :wah:
along-for-the-ride

Festival + Fireworks

Post by along-for-the-ride »

That does sound like a wonderful evening, theezy. Like the other posters, I am glad that you, your ex and your daughter can spend some fun time together. This will give your daughter happy memories in the future; a valuable gift to her. :)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.

Return to “Kids Family”