The first great novel

koan

The first great novel

Post by koan »

My daughter read her first novel that made her cry because the book ended tonight. She was devasted that this wonderful character had no more story to tell. I assured her that more would come. The beauty is that someone was able to touch her heart and maybe, in some way, knows how she feels.
spot

The first great novel

Post by spot »

I think we should hear what the novel was, Koan. Or we could guess? Jane Eyre?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
koan

The first great novel

Post by koan »

Nothing so grand. It was A Handful of Time by Kit Pearson (won the Canadian Library Association book of the year award)

My first biggie was Tess. I threw it across the room about halfway through then ran to pick it up again. :o
koan

The first great novel

Post by koan »

koan wrote: My first biggie was Tess. I threw it across the room about halfway through then ran to pick it up again.

She made a lot of decisions that led to her demise. They were so BLOODY obvious, too. You just knew she was going to suffer...and die. Horrible. But I loved her.
pink princess

The first great novel

Post by pink princess »

i dont remember my first 'meaningful' book but i do remember always being so dissapointed when they ended...

i used to read a book a night!
life is what you make it

my boyfriend just proposed to me (05/05/05) and im blissfully happy!! :-4 im engaged!! i have a fiance!! :-4

um..... well thats a bit out of date! im married now! and married life is the best thing in the entire world! with my husband by side my life is complete

:-4
john8pies

The first great novel

Post by john8pies »

Ah those were the days.....1 book a night.....now there`s always something else to do but I stil read at least 1 book a week.....currently reading The wrong Boy by Willy Russell....it is great! Was anybody else moved by Jonathan Livingstone Seagull or was it so long ago that it has taken on a revisionist impression in my mind?!
buttercup

The first great novel

Post by buttercup »

awww thats a really sweet story koan

its an all important that first book that has you in tears :-4
abbey

The first great novel

Post by abbey »

pink princess wrote: i dont remember my first 'meaningful' book but i do remember always being so dissapointed when they ended...

i used to read a book a night!Me too, and always felt sad when they ended i always wanted more,

still do!
spot

The first great novel

Post by spot »

john8pies wrote: Ah those were the days.....1 book a night.....now there`s always something else to do but I stil read at least 1 book a week.....currently reading The wrong Boy by Willy Russell....it is great! Was anybody else moved by Jonathan Livingstone Seagull or was it so long ago that it has taken on a revisionist impression in my mind?!Jonathan Livingstone Seagull was one of the nastiest anthropomorphic cons to ever hit the bookstalls. It taught nothing, it had shoddy ethics and the writing stank to high heaven. I didn't enjoy it. I have no idea whether Mr Bach published a sequel or indeed anything else at all, he's a non-person whenever I go into a bookshop.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
pink princess

The first great novel

Post by pink princess »

spot wrote: Jonathan Livingstone Seagull was one of the nastiest anthropomorphic cons to ever hit the bookstalls. It taught nothing, it had shoddy ethics and the writing stank to high heaven. I didn't enjoy it. I have no idea whether Mr Bach published a sequel or indeed anything else at all, he's a non-person whenever I go into a bookshop.
say how you really feel!! ;)
life is what you make it

my boyfriend just proposed to me (05/05/05) and im blissfully happy!! :-4 im engaged!! i have a fiance!! :-4

um..... well thats a bit out of date! im married now! and married life is the best thing in the entire world! with my husband by side my life is complete

:-4
spot

The first great novel

Post by spot »

pink princess wrote: say how you really feel!! ;) - was it that bad?

I've lost the "practise your chat-up lines" thread, that's why I'm moody.
robinseggs

The first great novel

Post by robinseggs »

spot wrote: - was it that bad?

I've lost the "practise your chat-up lines" thread, that's why I'm moody.

But aren't you always moody?? Seems everytime you post, it's to disagree and hurt. Opinions are fine but spears fly when you post.
Nature laughs Last
robinseggs

The first great novel

Post by robinseggs »

john8pies wrote: Ah those were the days.....1 book a night.....now there`s always something else to do but I stil read at least 1 book a week.....currently reading The wrong Boy by Willy Russell....it is great! Was anybody else moved by Jonathan Livingstone Seagull or was it so long ago that it has taken on a revisionist impression in my mind?!

And I loved Jonathan Livingstone Seagull too....a book I hold close to my heart for a bunch of reasons.
Nature laughs Last
spot

The first great novel

Post by spot »

robinseggs wrote: But aren't you always moody?? Seems everytime you post, it's to disagree and hurt. Opinions are fine but spears fly when you post.I suspect that the threads you read and the threads I post on rarely coincide, robinseggs. I've had perhaps a dozen threads which have become heated, since I arrived here. The other hundred have been so decorous I could have invited my mother to join in without hesitation. I'm sweetness and light. I spurn moody. Accomodation is my middle name. And, while I may disagree, I don't believe I'm capable of hurting anyone, I have neither the weapons nor the desire.
robinseggs

The first great novel

Post by robinseggs »

Sigh..........if you say so............
Nature laughs Last

Return to “Kids Family”