Fool me once

nvalleyvee

Fool me once

Post by nvalleyvee »

Today was the first time in 20 years, 8 months, 28 days and 22 hours my daughter EVER got one over one me. She showed up 36 hours early - had me fooled the entire time. My hat is off to her and .... let the games begin bwaahaha.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
nvalleyvee

Fool me once

Post by nvalleyvee »

Did your kids ever get one over on you?
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
lady cop

Fool me once

Post by lady cop »

nvalleyvee wrote: Did your kids ever get one over on you? they sure tried! i raised three sons. they used to call me "detective mom" and really hated they couldn't get away with anything. i always caught them, poor kids. they are all grown now, but still laugh about it. and one of them makes the sign of the cross when he sees me in uniform LOL.... oh well, tough munchies!
Nuthrday

Fool me once

Post by Nuthrday »

Oh yeah, my kids did! But they were good kids, never got in trouble, so whatever they did, they didnt' get caught by anybody else either. I just got informed of things many years after the facts, when one will tell on the other! Funny...
libertine

Fool me once

Post by libertine »

Every once in awhile my kids (all over 40 now) come up with "Bet you didn't know---" but I always say "You just Thought I didn't know" so they're never sure whether they had me fooled or not. Sometimes they did.

I've always operated on the idea that parents aren't supposed to know EVERYTHING(mine didn't)..and if you don't want to hear the answer, don't ask the question. :-6
nvalleyvee

Fool me once

Post by nvalleyvee »

I started this because the kids are here - so I will continue with this thread.

My daughter and I have had the best time since she and the SIL got here yesterday. We EVEN cooked together today - exchanged recipes - had a friends visit. Since my kid moved out on her own - I quit raising her and have left to her own mistakes and triumphs. She can ask me for advice and we will talk but I have not told her what I think she should do since she truly emancipated herself from me. It's her life and she's doing a wonderful job at being happy. I'm soooo very proud.
abbey

Fool me once

Post by abbey »

She may have tricked you NV, but what a lovely surprise!

you get to see her for an extra day and half. :-4

Return to “Kids Family”