I am celebrating...:)

mominiowa

Post by mominiowa »

My son is 5 years old -( almost 6). He is behind the other kids in his class - he has a learning disability that doesn't let him retain things..:-6 On my birthday - his tutor brought him home and said "give your mom her birthday present..." As she flipped through the cards we have - he named every number 1-10!

Today he did all of his upper case letters but 4 of them! He makes me think I am here for a greater purpose! I can't wait to show his teacher on Monday! He has to learn to write his last name-- A word to the wise -young ladies who are not married yet! Marry somebody with a short name like Fox or Fry........don't have a last name that has 9 letters in it? LOL:wah:

~~The Family~~

Happiness is knowing where you come from...

Who you are...

And why you are here.....
minks

Post by minks »

mominiowa wrote: My son is 5 years old -( almost 6). He is behind the other kids in his class - he has a learning disability that doesn't let him retain things..:-6 On my birthday - his tutor brought him home and said "give your mom her birthday present..." As she flipped through the cards we have - he named every number 1-10!

Today he did all of his upper case letters but 4 of them! He makes me think I am here for a greater purpose! I can't wait to show his teacher on Monday! He has to learn to write his last name-- A word to the wise -young ladies who are not married yet! Marry somebody with a short name like Fox or Fry........don't have a last name that has 9 letters in it? LOL:wah:

Congrats MOM it is the little stories like this that really need to be shared every day, small joys are still awesome joys. Bravo Bravo
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Well done to you and your son! It's wonderful when a child with difficulties acheives something everyone else takes for granted. My son also has learning difficulties, he has co-ordination problems and finds it hard to write, I really regret giving him a seven letter first name, followed by a another seven letter middle name and another seven letter surname!!! Poor chap!
mominiowa

Post by mominiowa »

Thanks Minks!! I am just busting!! I even called my X hubby and we had a grand conversation - and he was so excited to tell Daddy what he did..We called grandma and step dad too...I am so proud of him..!! My weekend has been made..

~~The Family~~

Who you are...

minks

Post by minks »

mominiowa wrote: Thanks Minks!! I am just busting!! I even called my X hubby and we had a grand conversation - and he was so excited to tell Daddy what he did..We called grandma and step dad too...I am so proud of him..!! My weekend has been made..

Whoooo weee that is exciting :) I think your sun and you deserve a big ice cream sundae
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
mominiowa

Post by mominiowa »

Well thanks for letting me celebrate- Everyone be safe this weekend..Betty B hang in there - Little things mean A LOT! We are off to go golfing..(putt-putt_ we had to celebrate.............LOL

~~The Family~~

Who you are...

Nomad

Post by Nomad »

I have chills. This is wonderful for your family. Way to go ! :-6
I AM AWESOME MAN
mominiowa

Post by mominiowa »

:D Thank you everyone!!!!!!!!!Still happy!! LOL:D

~~The Family~~

Who you are...

robinseggs

Post by robinseggs »

You are such a super mom to be such a great advocate for him! Your son has a lot to be proud of too but he's too young to know it yet! My middle just turned 5 and is starting kindergarten in the fall, so we're practicing the same stuff! Your son sounds very bright to me!
Nature laughs Last
cars

Post by cars »

mominiowa wrote: My son is 5 years old -( almost 6). He is behind the other kids in his class - he has a learning disability that doesn't let him retain things..:-6 On my birthday - his tutor brought him home and said "give your mom her birthday present..." As she flipped through the cards we have - he named every number 1-10!

Most Slavic men give their new brides something Long & Hard when they get married on their wedding day.

>

>

>

>

>

THEIR LAST NAME!!! :D
Cars :)
mominiowa

Post by mominiowa »

Hey Cars!!! You crack me up!! Thanks for my laugh of the day!!!:yh_tong2 :yh_rotfl

~~The Family~~

Who you are...

cars

Post by cars »

mominiowa wrote: Hey Cars!!! You crack me up!! Thanks for my laugh of the day!!!:yh_tong2 :yh_rotfl

You're most welcome mom, glad it made you laugh-that's what it was intended to do!

You certainly have the right to be celebrating!!! Congrats!!!
Cars :)

Return to “Kids Family”