Do you have a passport?

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
SOJOURNER

Do you have a passport?

Post by SOJOURNER »

If yes, when did you get it.

Where have you traveled?

If no, do you have plans to get one?
spot

Do you have a passport?

Post by spot »

Yep.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
chonsigirl

Do you have a passport?

Post by chonsigirl »

No, but I probably should get one. You have to have one now to go to Mexico in 2008, I think that is the year. I will need one if I ever get to go to Rosarito again.
spot

Do you have a passport?

Post by spot »

SnoozeControl wrote: Would you like to share any credit card numbers with me?:)There's IRC channels where they get swapped, I'm told. You steal'em, I'll sell'em?

Sojo, turn the question around - where have you been that you liked? I think I was most impressed by Borneo and India, but it's not exactly a peaceful way to take a holiday. If I want to relax, I go down the road a bit to Devon and read a book on a beach.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
chonsigirl

Do you have a passport?

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, where would you like to go Sojo?

Lovely avatar.............:)
SOJOURNER

Do you have a passport?

Post by SOJOURNER »

I'd like to be able to accompany my husband on one of his business trips and take some time extra to explore the area. Next possible trip is this coming July to Germany, around Cologne. Anyone know anything about the area?
weeder

Do you have a passport?

Post by weeder »

I got my passport 6 years ago. Iwas supposed to go to Greece, but didnt. England will be the first time I use it. Ive been to the carribean and Canada, but my birth certificate was acceptable ID.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
spot

Do you have a passport?

Post by spot »

SOJOURNER wrote: I'd like to be able to accompany my husband on one of his business trips and take some time extra to explore the area. Next possible trip is this coming July to Germany, around Cologne. Anyone know anything about the area?Nothing useful, but you could try this on the locals when you arrive:

German air controllers at Cologne Airport are renowned as a short-tempered lot. They not only expect one to know one's gate parking location, but how to get there without any assistance from them. So it was with some amusement that we (a Pan Am 747) listened to the following exchange between Cologne ground control and a British Airways 747, call sign Speedbird 206. Speedbird 206: "Cologne, Speedbird 206 clear of active runway." Ground: "Speedbird 206. Taxi to gate Alpha One-Seven." The BA 747 pulled onto the main taxiway and slowed to a stop. Ground: "Speedbird, do you not know where you are going?" Speedbird 206: "Stand by, Ground, I'm looking up our gate location now." Ground (with quite arrogant impatience): "Speedbird 206, have you not been to Cologne before?" Speedbird 206 (coolly): "Yes, twice in 1944, but it was dark... and I didn't land."
venus

Do you have a passport?

Post by venus »

yup have one, this one has so far only been used to go to france..

but the time is young..

and so am l.. well kinda:rolleyes:
take a bite out of life it's there to be tasted!!
theia

Do you have a passport?

Post by theia »

Yes, I do have a passport and if I leave it on display, open at the picture, when I leave my car, it acts as a powerful deterrent to would be car thieves.

I have been to Brittany a few times. Oh, and.....omaha:-5
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Rapunzel

Do you have a passport?

Post by Rapunzel »

SOJOURNER wrote: I'd like to be able to accompany my husband on one of his business trips and take some time extra to explore the area. Next possible trip is this coming July to Germany, around Cologne. Anyone know anything about the area?

Yes, it's very beautiful.

I don't remember much more about it, except that it's VERY GOOD wine-tasting country!!! hehehehehehic :wah: :D
booradley

Do you have a passport?

Post by booradley »

Greece, Spain, Italy, South Africa, Yugoslavia(as was..Croatia now) Egypt...

this was all as a kid on my parents time and money and I didn't appreciate any of it.

As an adult, I've developed a fondness for long car journeys throughout the U.K. with pukey kids, a partner who gets really bad road rage and rubbish directions that cause more rows:)
Betty Boop

Do you have a passport?

Post by Betty Boop »

booradley wrote: As an adult, I've developed a fondness for long car journeys throughout the U.K. with pukey kids, a partner who gets really bad road rage and rubbish directions that cause more rows:)

That sounds familiar!! :wah:
booradley

Do you have a passport?

Post by booradley »

lol, more "helliday" than "holiday"

there are some stunningly beautiful places throughout the U.K. though, it's just a shame we don't get the weather
Betty Boop

Do you have a passport?

Post by Betty Boop »

booradley wrote: lol, more "helliday" than "holiday"

there are some stunningly beautiful places throughout the U.K. though, it's just a shame we don't get the weather

I've seen some beautiful places too, pity they were marred by a grumpy B******!

We've just had a few days of glorious weather, now its raining :(

No I haven't got a passport, hope I don't need one to get out of Cornwall!! :D
Rapunzel

Do you have a passport?

Post by Rapunzel »

booradley wrote: As an adult, I've developed a fondness for long car journeys throughout the U.K. with pukey kids, a partner who gets really bad road rage and rubbish directions that cause more rows:)

Hey, snap, I've got those too, Boo! ;)

Hey Sojo, I also remember Cologne (they call it Koln) Cathedral as being absolutely stunning!

And also, the main headquarters of 4711 (the perfume company) are at 4711 Roland Avenue, Cologne.

There's a reason why cologne is called cologne! hehehe ;) :wah:
Lon

Do you have a passport?

Post by Lon »

My first passport was issued in 1968. It has been used in France, Spain, Switzerland, Italy, Morocco, Venezuela, Mexico, Costa Rica, Barbados,

Aruba, Panama, Bermuda, Trinidad, Tobago, Curacao, Bonaire, Martinique,Cayman Island, Bermuda,Tahiti, New Zealand, Australia, Thailand,

Indonesia, Hong Kong, Singapore, Korea, Japan, Tonga, Fiji, Cook Islands, Vanuatu, Samoa, Malaysia.

Portugal & the UK are on the drawing board.
spot

Do you have a passport?

Post by spot »

Lon wrote: ... France, Spain, Switzerland, Italy, Morocco, Venezuela, Mexico, Costa Rica, Barbados, Aruba, Panama, Bermuda, Trinidad, Tobago, Curacao, Bonaire, Martinique,Cayman Island, Bermuda,Tahiti, New Zealand, Australia, Thailand, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Singapore, Korea, Japan, Tonga, Fiji, Cook Islands, Vanuatu, Samoa, Malaysia.Let me guess, comrade - you were courier for External Liaison Department Six under Andropov? The Spetsnaz GRU supply unit? Ah, we need new thread on where bodies are buried, perhaps. These revisionist anti-proletariats running Moscow Center care nothing of the old days, all they think of is profit margins now.

Принципы Ленина все еще действительны, товарищ. Мы победим в конечном счете!
AussiePam

Do you have a passport?

Post by AussiePam »

A as in ONE ONLY passport???!!! :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl

Theia - Brittany!!!!!! When I was at school I had a penfriend called Annick who lived in Finisterre. I remember a photo of her in pretty costume, clogs and lace coiffe. Sadly I've lost track of her. Always wanted to go there!! Anyway, I have to cross the Pond again in a few weeks and have booked myself an InnTravel self-guided walk along the Cote de Granit Rose. Do you know this area? I have some CDs of Breton music.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

BabyRider

Do you have a passport?

Post by BabyRider »

spot wrote: Принципы Ленина все еще действительны, товарищ. Мы победим в конечном счете!
Spot, how do you do that, and would you translate it for us?

As to the original question, nope, no passport here. I have to er...umm...*ahem*...get my record expunged before I can get one. :yh_blush
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

minks

Do you have a passport?

Post by minks »

Yes I have a passport.

Did not really need it for my trip to Jamaica but it was suggested and it made it easier. Have been all over the western USA (we can cross into the USA until next year before we need a passport) and to Hawaii.

And of course my trip to the UK shortly.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
spot

Do you have a passport?

Post by spot »

BabyRider wrote: Spot, how do you do that, and would you translate it for us?When I went to Russia I learned the alphabet and a few phrases. I have a dictionary and there's an online website to speed up getting the words before I check them (for Russian anyway - I haven't found one that makes any sense for Chinese yet). I wrote "Lenin's principles are still valid, comrade. We shall win in the end!" (you have to put up with my sense of humor, BR, but you knew that already) and the website's at http://translation.imtranslator.net/

I've had intelligible conversations in Spanish on IRC switching text back and forth with http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=en which is good for checking my French and German too. It's quicker at getting all the fiddly accents right than trying to type them in, but the words often need adjustment to make them grammatical.
Uncle Kram

Do you have a passport?

Post by Uncle Kram »

Lon wrote: My first passport was issued in 1968. It has been used in France, Spain, Switzerland, Italy, Morocco, Venezuela, Mexico, Costa Rica, Barbados,

Aruba, Panama, Bermuda, Trinidad, Tobago, Curacao, Bonaire, Martinique,Cayman Island, Bermuda,Tahiti, New Zealand, Australia, Thailand,

Indonesia, Hong Kong, Singapore, Korea, Japan, Tonga, Fiji, Cook Islands, Vanuatu, Samoa, Malaysia.

Portugal & the UK are on the drawing board.

You really should get out more Lon!

My passport, which is a requirement as an International Man of Mystery, is under my alias of John R*****d Harris

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
Bryn Mawr

Do you have a passport?

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Uncle Kram wrote: You really should get out more Lon!

My passport, which is a requirement as an International Man of Mystery, is under my alias of John Ritchard Harris
Wonderful - the best laugh I've had in a while
Bez

Do you have a passport?

Post by Bez »

I have had a passport for years but only used it twice...both times on journeys to France. I would like to go and see my sister in the US....maybe one day. There is so much of Great Britain that I would like to see....roll on retirement and all the time I'll have to travel.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
spot

Do you have a passport?

Post by spot »

Bryn Mawr wrote: Wonderful - the best laugh I've had in a whileFor a price I'll even tell him which countries will simply arrest him on sight, compared to those where the local Mafia will chase his car at high speeds looking for their missing cut.
Uncle Kram

Do you have a passport?

Post by Uncle Kram »

spot wrote: For a price I'll even tell him which countries will simply arrest him on sight, compared to those where the local Mafia will chase his car at high speeds looking for their missing cut.

Who IS this imposter?

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
King Terry

Do you have a passport?

Post by King Terry »

Mine run out recently. I dread to think how long it will take to get a new one should the opportunity arise to travel, although that is unlikely. What I hate is being made to have a European Passport when certain Commonwealth citizens are allowed to have a British one.:-5 :mad:
weeder

Do you have a passport?

Post by weeder »

Bez wrote: I have had a passport for years but only used it twice...both times on journeys to France. I would like to go and see my sister in the US....maybe one day. There is so much of Great Britain that I would like to see....roll on retirement and all the time I'll have to travel.
Bez... Where is your sister in the US? Wouldnt it be something if she were near me????
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
AussiePam

Do you have a passport?

Post by AussiePam »

I earned my Brit passport fair and square King Terry, and am still paying for it... grin. Married an Englishman!! Of course that's not considered enough nowadays. I reckon it bloody well is ENOUGH... grin. And sadly, those Enlish genes appear to be dominant... All my kids gravitated back - I mean who in their right mind would leave aussie sunshine, beaches, the bush tracks etc etc - rain, Brighton, and the M25? Just kidding.. Spoke to my youngest this morning. She said it had snowed yesterday in London. She works in Camden Town in MTV, and her window looks out onto the Canal, where bodies regulary float by.....

G'day Weeder, Bez, Spot, UncleK, Lon!!!

King Terry

Do you have a passport?

Post by King Terry »

Dunno Pam!!! I just get angry that YOU amongst thousands of others are British and I am saddled with the Frogs and Krauts ..... hahahahahaha ...... Yeah we had snow ,... 5cm .... in Kent & Sussex. Nothing here in Surrey or where I work in Central London. Those floating bodies can be a problem though. They clog up the water supply system all the time and we have to drink from the rain puddles outside our houses. Oh to be in Oz with those Kangaroos and cuddly spiders .... some people get all the luck ...... but of course you guys are rubbish at Cricket .... hahahahaha
AussiePam

Do you have a passport?

Post by AussiePam »

I've gotta go and do some work, which is a pity as I'd really like to stick around, King Terry, writing appropriate limericks in tlw to your tempting, immaculate manhood and trading racial slurs and insults at your pommie bastard attitoooood towards us superior Aussies. :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl

You'll keep!!!!

(With an evil, toothy grin pam stashes her little pearl pistol back in her cleavage and flounces out )

Footnote: with all the recent practice, AussiePam is henceforth gonna be known as the Mistress of Flounce. Nay, Her Antipodean Majesty, the QUEEN OF FLOUNCE!!!

King Terry

Do you have a passport?

Post by King Terry »

AussiePam wrote: I've gotta go and do some work, which is a pity as I'd really like to stick around, King Terry, writing appropriate limericks in tlw to your tempting, immaculate manhood and trading racial slurs and insults at your pommie bastard attitoooood towards us superior Aussies. :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl

You'll keep!!!!

(With an evil, toothy grin pam stashes her little pearl pistol back in her cleavage and flounces out )

Footnote: with all the recent practice, AussiePam is henceforth gonna be known as the Mistress of Flounce.

Feel free to flounce and bounce your very ample cleavage my way anytime, Missy. Not aware that you Aussies were considered a "Race" for me to slur against....... hic

King Terry the Pommie Barstard:D
AussiePam

Do you have a passport?

Post by AussiePam »

This is now WAR, King T !!! I am provoked beyond what is bearable for a gal who's had only two cups of coffee today.:yh_smiley And yer blueblooded, aristocratic guts are gonna be garters.. possibly pink lacy ones... In fact...(pam pulls herself up to her full 5ft6). May the chooks in yer backyard turn into bloody great emus and kick yer royal dunny down. :yh_bigsmi

I'm proud of me mongrel heritage!!! And me aussie racehood too.

And another thing.... you lot of wankers only have the Ashes (and that's temporary) because we aussies showed you how to play cricket... One of our wicketkeeper blokes heads yer new Academy... And we taught them BanglaD fellows how to play too.. but I digress...

Mudwrassling at twenty paces!!!

:) :yh_bigsmi

Bez

Do you have a passport?

Post by Bez »

weeder wrote: Bez... Where is your sister in the US? Wouldnt it be something if she were near me????

She's in San Diego...Encinitas weeder.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
BabyRider

Do you have a passport?

Post by BabyRider »

Aussie or not, no one picks on a couple of my favorites, (them being MrsK and Pam,) without having to deal with me. You don't want to p!ss off BabyRider....fear my wrath.....:yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

chrisb84uk

Do you have a passport?

Post by chrisb84uk »

Ooh a fight is emerging, how fun. Though rather than get my hands dirty, would u mind if I just observed, I wouldn't want to gain an injury before May, because I wouldn't want to tell Minks and Raven that I can't make it because certain other FG'ers have injured poor little me. :wah: :D
AussiePam

Do you have a passport?

Post by AussiePam »

OK Chris, we will make you an honorary aussie just for tonight. I'd never clobber you anyway!!! You're much too sweet. And thanks mrsK and BR for your support. Grin. I think I clean skeered that bloke with the crown and the long white beard the heck outta here..... platypus burger for supper flavoured grin

chrisb84uk

Do you have a passport?

Post by chrisb84uk »

Ah shucks thanks Pam, you are too kind. Even though BR would do a better job then I, always feel free to let me know when you are in need of some extra muscle, (or lack off in my case hahaha.)

And wow I'm now an official Aussie for the day yippee, thanks Pam!!!

That now means that I actually have a good national sports team that actually wins things, well except for the Ashes, oh or the World Cup, oh and let's not forget......... :D
AussiePam

Do you have a passport?

Post by AussiePam »

Stone the crows - Don't push me good will too far, Chris, Snookums... big toothy (sharpfanged) grin...but as aussie to aussie, can I line you up a cold tinnie, mate? Struth, yer looking a bit pale. We gotta get you naked and stretched out by a billabong, till ya bronze up a bit. Ya still look like a pommie bastard.... and we can't have that. Them Brits betta enjoy the Ashes while they got them. Sort of novelty value... grin.. Oz sadly just had its butt kicked by them wankers in Bangladesh. But we'll clobber them soon enough. And ya gottta learn to say 'bloody' every second word, bloody oath ya bloody do, Sport.

chrisb84uk

Do you have a passport?

Post by chrisb84uk »

AussiePam wrote: Stone the crows - Don't push me good will too far, Chris, Snookums... big toothy (sharpfanged) grin...but as aussie to aussie, can I line you up a cold tinnie, mate? Struth, yer looking a bit pale. We gotta get you naked and stretched out by a billabong, till ya bronze up a bit. Ya still look like a pommie bastard.... and we can't have that. Them Brits betta enjoy the Ashes while they got them. Sort of novelty value... grin.. Oz sadly just had its butt kicked by them wankers in Bangladesh. But we'll clobber them soon enough. And ya gottta learn to say 'bloody' every second word, bloody oath ya bloody do, Sport.

:wah: Hahaha well first off considering that it constantly rains here, it shouldn't be too much of a surprise to learn that I'm looking a bit pale hahaha, though no matter how hard u ask, I ain't getting naked and being stretched out by a billabong!! :D

Secondly, the Ashes will be remaining here indefinately, so don't get your hopes up hehehe.

And finally 'bloody' there I said it, happy!! :p
chrisb84uk

Do you have a passport?

Post by chrisb84uk »

mrsK wrote: Thanks BR,welcome Chris ,as a newbie to Aussie land,you will love the company here,bloody pleased to have you here.I will back you Pam if you back me ,we can't have these strange people putting rubbish on us Aussie's;)

Chris check this out you have to learn these songs to be a True Blue Aussie

http://home.iprimus.com.au/michellejbailey/songs.htm:-6 :-6

Thanks MrsK, always glad to lend a hand or two, whenever anyone starts having a go at anyone for no reason.

Oh and seeing as how I am now an official Aussie for the day, do I get any special goodies, like a official Aussie t-shirt or badge. Or how about a days lesson surfing, I've always wanted to try that. :)
AussiePam

Do you have a passport?

Post by AussiePam »

Chris, Cobber!! - ya said the word!! Yer half way to becoming fair dinkum and true blue!!! I know some blokes at Manly'll give you a few pointers on getting it up, er getting up on a surfboard. Mate, at Manly beach, these days, ya see something with a black fin, don't **** yerself, it could be a bloody penguin.

And can I add to mrsK's song list - Tie me Kangaroo Down

http://www.jacquedee63.com/tiemekangaroodownsport.html

Return to “Welcome To My Day!”