Do you have a passport?

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
chrisb84uk

Do you have a passport?

Post by chrisb84uk »

Hahaha a penguin huh, wow now that it scary, I'll bare that in mind if ever I manage to go surfing!! :wah:

Well our nearest city to the sea, is a fair distance away, so that's probably why you don't catch me at the beach at all. Though the few times that I have gone to the seaside, I find myself spending all my times either in the Arcades or in the souvenir shops, which kinda defeats the whole point in going hahaha.
chrisb84uk

Do you have a passport?

Post by chrisb84uk »

mrsK wrote: Not much surfing where I come from Chris,but if you can scull a schooner of beer or two & say bloody at least ten times in a conversation you will be OK:-6

Hahaha wow if u have to say bloody that much during a normal conversation, than I dare to think how many times you would end up mentioning that word, when you are talking about the latest horror movie to a friend. :wah:
AussiePam

Do you have a passport?

Post by AussiePam »

Last time I was at Brighton I don't remember seeing any sand at all. But the orgasmatron in the arcade on the wharf was pretty cool... hey I got a pic somewhere.... mmmm...

And on the subject of that narsty game... the Oz team will triumph though we may have been cheated out of the first innings. The referees er umpires were 1)blind or 2)prejudiced or 3)Bangladeshis or close enough or 4) all of the foregoing.... :yh_smiley

Attached files
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

AussiePam

Do you have a passport?

Post by AussiePam »

Of course... geesch - what did I do to my hair that day last May at Brighton!!!

chrisb84uk

Do you have a passport?

Post by chrisb84uk »

:wah: Wow the Orgasmatron, now that's worth a trip to Brighton on it's own, even if there isn't any sand there!!

I see that from you pic, it looks like you have typical British weather behind you as well hehehe, no surprises there then. :D
AussiePam

Do you have a passport?

Post by AussiePam »

The weather wasn't too bad, but it was Bank Holiday weekend and I think the whole of England had decided to go to the seaside. We bailed early on and went on to Torquay. As one does....

chrisb84uk

Do you have a passport?

Post by chrisb84uk »

Well our last couple of family holidays have been up North, and there certainly is little if any seaside up there. The last time we went down South on hols was a few years ago, when we stayed in a caravan for our first time in Cornwall. Oh the memories. Nothing like being waken up by seagulls at 4am, and be greeted by torrential rain, oh those memories hahaha.
AussiePam

Do you have a passport?

Post by AussiePam »

You havent ever met a sulphur crested cockatoo, have you?!!! Heee heeeee.. A treat in store. As fer rain, I've heard tales that sometimes water can actually fall down from the sky, wetting the ground, turning brown grass green, making little pools of water you can paddle in and mud you can squish your feet in. They say it smells good too. I look forward one day to experiencing rain!!

chrisb84uk

Do you have a passport?

Post by chrisb84uk »

Hehehe well I don't know about it smelling good, but I can confirm that the rest are true. :D I'm guessing also that u have never seen an umbrella before. They are very handy little tools let me tell u!! :wah:

I'm sure that once you have lived or stayed over here for a while, you will be wishing that you were back in sunny, warm Oz hahaha.
AussiePam

Do you have a passport?

Post by AussiePam »

Of course I've seen an umbrella. Isn't that what Mry Poppins descended to earth holding - with her feet doing a Charlie Chaplin????

Or what John Steed skewered the carnation with before tossing it to Mrs Peel, as she popped the champagne cork!!!

Then there was some Russky spy bloke stabbed with a poisoned umbrella, wasn't there?

From which I deduce an umbrella is a very versatile tool !!!

chrisb84uk

Do you have a passport?

Post by chrisb84uk »

Oh it most certainly is. though here's my best bit of advice for you, don't use one when it's really windy. I've ended up wasting two umbrellas and looking like a complete idiot trying to get it from flapping in my face hahaha.
chrisb84uk

Do you have a passport?

Post by chrisb84uk »

Hehehe well yes fingers crossed that the weekend will stay nice and dry for us. And it shouldn't be too hard to spot us. After all we will have Minks with her pink cowboy hat for a start, and if that's not a give away as to who we are, then nothing is!! :wah:
minks

Do you have a passport?

Post by minks »

chrisb84uk wrote: Hehehe well yes fingers crossed that the weekend will stay nice and dry for us. And it shouldn't be too hard to spot us. After all we will have Minks with her pink cowboy hat for a start, and if that's not a give away as to who we are, then nothing is!! :wah:

hehehe yep you will spot me a mile away, pink cowboy hat, mauve rain jacket and red suitcase, and red back pack, Clash is my middle name ahahahahah
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
chrisb84uk

Do you have a passport?

Post by chrisb84uk »

minks wrote: hehehe yep you will spot me a mile away, pink cowboy hat, mauve rain jacket and red suitcase, and red back pack, Clash is my middle name ahahahahah

:wah: Hahaha well I'm certainly not one to comment on fashion, as my taste is well rubbish hahaha. You'll see what I mean when May comes, just please try and get as much laughter and giggles out of your system before then, as that will make me feel so much better hehehe!! :D
minks

Do you have a passport?

Post by minks »

chrisb84uk wrote: :wah: Hahaha well I'm certainly not one to comment on fashion, as my taste is well rubbish hahaha. You'll see what I mean when May comes, just please try and get as much laughter and giggles out of your system before then, as that will make me feel so much better hehehe!! :D

Are you kidding, I am never completely rid of laughter and giggles hehehehe Aww we can laugh at each other then how's that. I won't mind if you don't mind.

― Mae West
chrisb84uk

Do you have a passport?

Post by chrisb84uk »

Hahahaha well I'm never usually out of laughter either, so ok we shall just laugh our little heads off all week long hahaha. Everyone else will just think we are mad, but what do they know eh??! :D
minks

Do you have a passport?

Post by minks »

chrisb84uk wrote: Hahahaha well I'm never usually out of laughter either, so ok we shall just laugh our little heads off all week long hahaha. Everyone else will just think we are mad, but what do they know eh??! :D

just think what they can bring back to FG ahahahahaha thank goodness beyond the FG group no one else over there will ever see me again so I can go ahead and make an donkey of myself and go home proudly ahahahahaha

― Mae West
chrisb84uk

Do you have a passport?

Post by chrisb84uk »

minks wrote: just think what they can bring back to FG ahahahahaha thank goodness beyond the FG group no one else over there will ever see me again so I can go ahead and make an donkey of myself and go home proudly ahahahahaha

:wah: Well that's alright for you, but for some of us that still live over here, we don't have that kind of luxury hahaha. I'm probably going to be barred from ever visiting London again courtesy of the London fashion police. :wah:
minks

Do you have a passport?

Post by minks »

chrisb84uk wrote: :wah: Well that's alright for you, but for some of us that still live over here, we don't have that kind of luxury hahaha. I'm probably going to be barred from ever visiting London again courtesy of the London fashion police. :wah:

Fantastic, we can be barred together and anyone else who wants to join us in looking badly I am all for it hehehehe Poor Raven we will embarass her hehehehehe

― Mae West
chrisb84uk

Do you have a passport?

Post by chrisb84uk »

minks wrote: Fantastic, we can be barred together and anyone else who wants to join us in looking badly I am all for it hehehehe Poor Raven we will embarass her hehehehehe

Hehehe oh indeed, the two of us will be looking completely lost around London laughing our heads off, and Raven will be looking around as if to say, "don't look at me, these two strange nutcases aren't with me." hehehehe :D
minks

Do you have a passport?

Post by minks »

chrisb84uk wrote: Hehehe oh indeed, the two of us will be looking completely lost around London laughing our heads off, and Raven will be looking around as if to say, "don't look at me, these two strange nutcases aren't with me." hehehehe :D

poor girl, she has no idea what she is in for hehehehehehe

― Mae West
chrisb84uk

Do you have a passport?

Post by chrisb84uk »

minks wrote: poor girl, she has no idea what she is in for hehehehehehe

hehehe I hope that she has got some emergancy plans or ideas in her mind just in case, because I don't know about you, but I am like on big walking disaster at times hahaha.
minks

Do you have a passport?

Post by minks »

chrisb84uk wrote: hehehe I hope that she has got some emergancy plans or ideas in her mind just in case, because I don't know about you, but I am like on big walking disaster at times hahaha.
you mean we should bring along a band aid or 2 hehehehe Ahhh we will make sure you don't fall and scrape a knee :D

― Mae West
chrisb84uk

Do you have a passport?

Post by chrisb84uk »

minks wrote: you mean we should bring along a band aid or 2 hehehehe Ahhh we will make sure you don't fall and scrape a knee :D

:wah: Oh too right, I'm already having to give full daily reports back to my mum, so the last thing I want to do is tell her I've hurt myself, I'd never here the end of it otherwise. Bless, my mum is the greatest!! :-6
minks

Do you have a passport?

Post by minks »

chrisb84uk wrote: :wah: Oh too right, I'm already having to give full daily reports back to my mum, so the last thing I want to do is tell her I've hurt myself, I'd never here the end of it otherwise. Bless, my mum is the greatest!! :-6

Awww Chris you be sure to tell your mom, you will be well looked after, both Raven and I are mom's ourselves hehehehe And the rest of the gang will watch out for you as well I am sure. We don't want your mom to worry.

― Mae West
chrisb84uk

Do you have a passport?

Post by chrisb84uk »

minks wrote: Awww Chris you be sure to tell your mom, you will be well looked after, both Raven and I are mom's ourselves hehehehe And the rest of the gang will watch out for you as well I am sure. We don't want your mom to worry.

Oh don't worry I've already been fully lectured on every little detail that I need to remember by my mum, and in case I forget I'm sure I will get that same lecture for days to come yet hehehe. And besides as you say I'm going to be in good hands with u all, so what could there possible be to worry about right!! :)
minks

Do you have a passport?

Post by minks »

chrisb84uk wrote: Oh don't worry I've already been fully lectured on every little detail that I need to remember by my mum, and in case I forget I'm sure I will get that same lecture for days to come yet hehehe. And besides as you say I'm going to be in good hands with u all, so what could there possible be to worry about right!! :)

As long as you did not tell your mom you are going to be there with a crazy canuck who is directionally challenged and an American who has never been there before then yeah it's all good you will be just fine ahahahahaha

I still picture Raven leading the way, and the rest of us holding a rope amongst ourselves following her, just like teachers do with pre-schoolers ahahahahaha

― Mae West
SOJOURNER

Do you have a passport?

Post by SOJOURNER »

Just learned the Cologne trip is now possibily occuring in October, tho I'll need to pretend in my head that it is still July so that I get the passport in time.

I'm also anxious to get a passport now, before it is mandatory to have one to go into Canada. The lack of one could really spoil an impromptu weekend there. There might be a 6-month wait then, instead of 6 weeks -- and who knows, there could be a quota too................... :D
SOJOURNER

Do you have a passport?

Post by SOJOURNER »

I've finally gotten my passport (it has only taken me 12 months from when I made this decision). I will be joining my husband on a business trip to Europe (business that will take him about a day and a half). We will fly into Frankfurt, Germany and then drive up to Seigen. While he's doing his thing, I shall be on my own to wander about and see what I can see during the day.

When his business is finished in Seigen, we shall drive to Liege, Belgium ( perhaps by way of Colonge) to the Henri-Chapelle American Cemetery and locate my fathers grave (He was killed in the Battle of the Bulge).

From there, there is possibly Brussels, Antwerp and Bruge.

For the balance of our time -- hubby asked: "Do you want to go to Amsterdam..........or Paris.

HA! Like there is any question there............. "Paris" says I.

We'll leave the 10th of December and return the 22nd. Tho wintertime would not be the month most would choose to go to Europe, everything (except the cemetery) is indoors and I'm hoping a lot less crowded.

I'm so excited about this trip. It will either be my last trip abroad---------or the beginning of others.
CARLA

Do you have a passport?

Post by CARLA »

Yes I have a passport, as does every member of my Family, soon you will not be able to fly anywhere without one. :cool: I have traveled all over the world and back to Sunny San Diego. :-6 :-6
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Imladris

Do you have a passport?

Post by Imladris »

I love travelling - have been to Norway, Finland, France, Israel, Italy, Spain, US (Florida), Australia, Caribbean and next year going to Canada and Alaska - can't wait.:-6
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
Marie5656

Do you have a passport?

Post by Marie5656 »

Not yet, but it looks like I may have to get one, if they put through the new law about needing one to travel to Canada and Mexico from the US. Up to this point we have never needed one. I think 9/11 changed all that.
AussiePam

Do you have a passport?

Post by AussiePam »

Wonderful news, Sojourner!!! And great to see you. I hope you have an awesome trip.

"Your last trip abroad.. or the beginning of others"....

Grin. Maybe I'll just hafta start a book on that one!!!

:-6

jaggedlittlegirl

Do you have a passport?

Post by jaggedlittlegirl »

Can't imagine my life without my passport. I've had a passport since I was like 2 years old. LOVE LOVE LOVE traveling!!! :D

I've been to almost all of Central America(except for Nicaragua and Panama), Colombia, Brazil, Peru, Canada, Mexico, and a few places in the US.

I've still got a million places I want to travel too...hopefully I'll be able to very soon!
AussiePam

Do you have a passport?

Post by AussiePam »

Moi aussi, Jagged. In fact, I collect them... :sneaky:

Bryn Mawr

Do you have a passport?

Post by Bryn Mawr »

SOJOURNER;468649 wrote: I've finally gotten my passport (it has only taken me 12 months from when I made this decision). I will be joining my husband on a business trip to Europe (business that will take him about a day and a half). We will fly into Frankfurt, Germany and then drive up to Seigen. While he's doing his thing, I shall be on my own to wander about and see what I can see during the day.

When his business is finished in Seigen, we shall drive to Liege, Belgium ( perhaps by way of Colonge) to the Henri-Chapelle American Cemetery and locate my fathers grave (He was killed in the Battle of the Bulge).

From there, there is possibly Brussels, Antwerp and Bruge.

For the balance of our time -- hubby asked: "Do you want to go to Amsterdam..........or Paris.

HA! Like there is any question there............. "Paris" says I.

We'll leave the 10th of December and return the 22nd. Tho wintertime would not be the month most would choose to go to Europe, everything (except the cemetery) is indoors and I'm hoping a lot less crowded.

I'm so excited about this trip. It will either be my last trip abroad---------or the beginning of others.

Just next door - drop over to London and we'll organise a meet-up :-)

Enjoy! Let it be the first of many.
weber

Do you have a passport?

Post by weber »

SOJOURNER;282863 wrote: If yes, when did you get it.

Where have you traveled?

If no, do you have plans to get one?

No passport but I got a port pass which is even better:D
miriam:yh_flower

Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.

.................Charles Mingus

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/enter.cfm?
cherandbuster

Do you have a passport?

Post by cherandbuster »

Funny you should ask! Neither hubby nor I currently have a passport (which is pretty sad :( ), but we are going to the Bahamas in February and we're gonna need one. One of my hubby's longtime clients gave us a late wedding gift of using her timeshare. :-6

I just got the passport applications at the post office. I've heard it can take up to six weeks to process.
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

Marie5656

Do you have a passport?

Post by Marie5656 »

Pinky;468852 wrote: Yup, I've got one. It's still in my maiden name, I've just forgotton about changing it!

So far, I've been to Malta a fair few times, Germany, Holland, Zakynthos, Turkey and most recently Detroit.

Were you still able to use it to come here, even though it is in your maiden name?
gadget

Do you have a passport?

Post by gadget »

Yup, I have a passport.

Been to Budapest, Barcelona, Carvoeiro (Portugal), Atlanta & Orlando, Paris (Disneyland).

SOJOURNER

Do you have a passport?

Post by SOJOURNER »

CARLA;468654 wrote: Yes I have a passport, as does every member of my Family, soon you will not be able to fly anywhere without one. :cool: I have traveled all over the world and back to Sunny San Diego. :-6 :-6

Is San Diego your original home? or have you chosen it after seeing so many other places?
SOJOURNER

Do you have a passport?

Post by SOJOURNER »

pompom;468667 wrote: OOps my passport has lapsed! Thank you for this timely reminder :-6- I've always kept my passport by my bed in case of sudden and violent attacks of wanderlust.

So, where all have you been? What place have you liked the best?

Love your avatar..................
SOJOURNER

Do you have a passport?

Post by SOJOURNER »

Imladris;468679 wrote: I love travelling - have been to Norway, Finland, France, Israel, Italy, Spain, US (Florida), Australia, Caribbean and next year going to Canada and Alaska - can't wait.:-6

How recently have you been to France? What was your best memory from there?
SOJOURNER

Do you have a passport?

Post by SOJOURNER »

Marie5656;468682 wrote: Not yet, but it looks like I may have to get one, if they put through the new law about needing one to travel to Canada and Mexico from the US. Up to this point we have never needed one. I think 9/11 changed all that.

Here in the states, we need a passport this coming January 2007 to go to Canada. I would think it would be the same coming in from Canada too............

I pity the poor families who want to visit across the border having to buy passports for themselves and all the kids. That first trip will be expensive for them.
SOJOURNER

Do you have a passport?

Post by SOJOURNER »

AussiePam;468698 wrote: Wonderful news, Sojourner!!! And great to see you. I hope you have an awesome trip.

"Your last trip abroad.. or the beginning of others"....

Grin. Maybe I'll just hafta start a book on that one!!!

:-6

Thanks Pam! .......and when you finish that book, I'll be at the head of the line to buy it.

Return to “Welcome To My Day!”