Cornfield Maze

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
Accountable

Cornfield Maze

Post by Accountable »

We're going to an amazing maize maze today!

http://www.cornfieldmaze.com/sites.php? ... me=txhondo
welcomewagonladies

Cornfield Maze

Post by welcomewagonladies »

That looks like it will be fun.:)
Lulu2

Cornfield Maze

Post by Lulu2 »

Drop breadcrumbs.
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
OpenMind

Cornfield Maze

Post by OpenMind »

That looks kinda fun, ACC. See ya next weekend then.:D :-6
LilacDragon

Cornfield Maze

Post by LilacDragon »

Make sure to wear bright colored clothing so that we can find you when you get lost. :D
Sandi

Mystery

Cornfield Maze

Post by Mystery »

Lulu2 wrote: Drop breadcrumbs.

:D

Those are great fun! They have them in several places near me, although none so big as this one. I hope you enjoy it.
Adam Zapple

Cornfield Maze

Post by Adam Zapple »

We go to the corn maze ever year around Halloween. They also have a haunted corn maze after dark and a haunted hayride. There is pumpkin catapults, greased pig wrestling, and other assorted "Halloween" fun. I love the fall.
Mystery

Cornfield Maze

Post by Mystery »

Adam Zapple wrote: We go to the corn maze ever year around Halloween. They also have a haunted corn maze after dark and a haunted hayride. There is pumpkin catapults, greased pig wrestling, and other assorted "Halloween" fun. I love the fall.

The ones we go to are haunted as well, although if the corn isn't full, it sorta ruins the scare factor :)
Accountable

Cornfield Maze

Post by Accountable »

Lulu2 wrote: Drop breadcrumbs.That would've been great advice if everyone else hadn't gotten it. :thinking: Damn fat birds were eveywhere.

That pic was an actual aerial photo of the field. Those dark blobs are huge old oaks that provided much welcome shade. My beloved and I were let in free because I'm retired military. The maze was in two parts. Part 1 on the left was much easier than Part 2 on the right.

They had food, of course, and hay rides, a "barrel train", and friendly goats, so the kids had plenty to do.

They also had a corn cannon, and for a dollar you get four shots at several targets (painted sheets of plywood): Statue of Liberty, a yellow ribbon, a bald eagle, or an American flag. I would have felt better shooting at Osama, Hussein, and things like that, but the painter didn't ask me ahead of time. Anyhoo, For every hit, you get a coupon for a bag of kettle corn. So after I shot up my $2, I proudly took my coupon to the snack bar. The guy congratulated me and pulled out a nice-sized bag of kettle corn ... and put some of it in a tiny bag - my prize. It was tasty though.. :p

Return to “Welcome To My Day!”