A Tale Of Two Ditties.

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
valerie

A Tale Of Two Ditties.

Post by valerie »

ALMOST got me with the thread title, buddy!! Almost. :o

"It was the age of wisdom... it was the age of foolishness..."

"We were all going direct to heaven... we were all going direct the

other way..."

:-4
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

valerie

A Tale Of Two Ditties.

Post by valerie »

It's been a long time since I've looked at The Last Waltz... refresh my

memory... do they say in the liner notes what tunes come from which

shows?

Because I was at the Last Waltz in SF. Magical time, that. Even without

ANY chemical influences on my bod...

:guitarist
Tamsen's Dogster Page

cherandbuster

A Tale Of Two Ditties.

Post by cherandbuster »

Clance :-4

Your story made me feel like I was right beside you

The passion for music

never ends :guitarist
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

Uncle Kram

A Tale Of Two Ditties.

Post by Uncle Kram »

I remember going into one of the original Virgin stores in Birmingham in the 70's. I'd heard a song by Free that I liked called "Mr Big".

In those days there were no crowds in there. You could choose an LP and they'd put it on and you could listen as long as you liked.

I had gone in with my brother and he sat next to me patiently listening to the music in the shop as I listened through good quality headphones to the album "Fire & Water".

When the track "Mr Big" came on I said to him "Mr Big" is on. He couldn't hear so I repeated myself. Again he screwed up his face in that "What?" shape. This happened a couple of times and in the end I was shouting "MR BIG'S ON"

Suddenly everyone in the shop was laughing. He had been feigning deafness to get me to shout knowing that the album everyone in the shop was listening to had finished.

Nearly 30 years on we still occasionally shout "MR BIGS ON" to each other :o

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
valerie

A Tale Of Two Ditties.

Post by valerie »

RE: Last Waltz... think I'm gonna ask for it to go in the Netflix cue!! ;)

Seems to me I remember them saying that one of the songs (portion

thereof? Memory fails!) had to be taken from another venue on the tour

since the SF one was faulty... Sigh... Robbie Robertson... takes me

back.

I sooooo remember pennies on the turntable arm!! HEE!!

:-6
Tamsen's Dogster Page

Uncle Kram

A Tale Of Two Ditties.

Post by Uncle Kram »

valerie wrote: RE: Last Waltz... think I'm gonna ask for it to go in the Netflix cue!! ;)

Seems to me I remember them saying that one of the songs (portion

thereof? Memory fails!) had to be taken from another venue on the tour

since the SF one was faulty... Sigh... Robbie Robertson... takes me

back.

I sooooo remember pennies on the turntable arm!! HEE!!

:-6

My old man use to have this device with a brush on and a bit of felt to "clean" the record. It always got to the middle before the needle

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
spot

A Tale Of Two Ditties.

Post by spot »

ArnoldLayne wrote: My 33 1/3 rpm Long Playing Records are going nowhere :DMine have, these last couple of years. First my younger son took a couple of boxes with him - and my deck - then when he brought them back they've gone to Edinburgh with his younger sister. It'll be my turn again eventually.

There's some obscure material in among it that I get a lot out of playing. The JSD Band, who'd remember them after all this while, for example. Twiggy's LP, and the early Claire Hamill. Marc Ellington, which I bought after hearing him warm up for Curved Air.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bryn Mawr

A Tale Of Two Ditties.

Post by Bryn Mawr »

spot wrote: Mine have, these last couple of years. First my younger son took a couple of boxes with him - and my deck - then when he brought them back they've gone to Edinburgh with his younger sister. It'll be my turn again eventually.

There's some obscure material in among it that I get a lot out of playing. The JSD Band, who'd remember them after all this while, for example. Twiggy's LP, and the early Claire Hamill. Marc Ellington, which I bought after hearing him warm up for Curved Air.

Jebus be'jaburs - I remember that tour! I say them at the De Montfort Halls in Leicester - bought the picture disk of Air Conditioning (first of three as they were regulatly stolen).

Marc Ellington was magnificent - his rendition of Yarrow was one of the best I've heard.

Return to “Welcome To My Day!”