Feeling like roadkill I am

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
minks

Post by minks »

Aww first I want to thank you guys who were here for BB as she tried her best to keep it together while I was away. You guys rock.

Well I thought I would allow her thread to carry on just for her and I would come in and once again moan to my friends here in FG.

My father suffered a "cardiac incident" this weekend, some 300+ kilometers away from home. We were out at his trailer planning to pack it down for the winter when in the middle of the night he suffered horrific chest pains. He kept this to his self and suffered 2 times. In the morning mom took him into the emergancy of the nearest hospital. 6 hours later after massive testing it was determined it was a "cardiac incident". Frantic my mom and I took a room, and called back to calgary to inform all who needed informing. And then spent the next 48 hours visiting on and off with dad. He can not come home in a car, as of this morning we were not sure of what day he comes back to Calgary, but only know it will be by ambulance and he will be taken directly to a hospital here for testing etc. I had to leave mom behind with my dad. I felt awful doing so this morning and I bet she will not sleep well this evening. I just could not be away any longer from BB in case she goes into labor.

Whilst all this happened this weekend, Jr Minks had a little incident herself and her dad surprised the heck out of me and stepped up to the plate and dealt with her, phoned me and told me she was caught shop lifiting and he had it all under control. All the while he dealt with this he kept telling me not to worry, look after mom and dad, be strong and continued to assure me Jr Minks, the dog cat and house were all fine. I am still floored by the number of phone calls from him asking about me and my dad and mom. People never cease to amaze me.... even the ex.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

minks wrote: Aww first I want to thank you guys who were here for BB as she tried her best to keep it together while I was away. You guys rock.

Well I thought I would allow her thread to carry on just for her and I would come in and once again moan to my friends here in FG.

My father suffered a "cardiac incident" this weekend, some 300+ kilometers away from home. We were out at his trailer planning to pack it down for the winter when in the middle of the night he suffered horrific chest pains. He kept this to his self and suffered 2 times. In the morning mom took him into the emergancy of the nearest hospital. 6 hours later after massive testing it was determined it was a "cardiac incident". Frantic my mom and I took a room, and called back to calgary to inform all who needed informing. And then spent the next 48 hours visiting on and off with dad. He can not come home in a car, as of this morning we were not sure of what day he comes back to Calgary, but only know it will be by ambulance and he will be taken directly to a hospital here for testing etc. I had to leave mom behind with my dad. I felt awful doing so this morning and I bet she will not sleep well this evening. I just could not be away any longer from BB in case she goes into labor.

Whilst all this happened this weekend, Jr Minks had a little incident herself and her dad surprised the heck out of me and stepped up to the plate and dealt with her, phoned me and told me she was caught shop lifiting and he had it all under control. All the while he dealt with this he kept telling me not to worry, look after mom and dad, be strong and continued to assure me Jr Minks, the dog cat and house were all fine. I am still floored by the number of phone calls from him asking about me and my dad and mom. People never cease to amaze me.... even the ex.

You don't deserve this Minks - any support we can give you is yours for the asking.

:-6
minks

Post by minks »

Awww you guys I just need a place to vent ....

Ya think you can be super human and support the entire family then suddenly you realilze Crikey who can I lean on.... so I come here

Thanks thanks thanks.

― Mae West
valerie

Post by valerie »

Hang in there, Minks. It WILL be alright!

:-6
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

abbey

Post by abbey »

:yh_hugs :-4 :yh_hugs :-4

Try not to worry sweetpea, i'm sure your dad is in good hands.

Take care of yourself X
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

Isnt life sh1t!! It hits you with one bad thing and then keeps on kicking! :-5

I'm SO sorry to hear about your dad! You must have all been so shocked and scared, but as everyone says - he's in the right place and they'll do their absolute best for him. Your mum may not get much rest but I'm sure she'd rather be with your dad and you can take strength from knowing she's with him and knowing she can call you if she needs to.

Jr Minks sounds like such a wonderful person. But has she been pushing herself too hard or fallen in with the wrong crowd? Or is it that she was worried about her grandad and had no one to vent to? She sounds like too good a person normally, to do something like this without good reason.

But WOW! do you have some great things going on too! Your eldest daughter kept it together for you and was strong AND she VERY kindly kept us all informed!

What a sweetheart!

Your ex came through for you and was also very strong - and very caring. You're so very nice minksy, some of it obviously rubbed off on him! :D

And we're here for you to vent to whenever you need us.

I hope your dad comes home soon and gets well very quickly. You'll all have to make sure he takes it easy from now on.

You're all in my thoughts and prayers sweetie and if there's anything at all that we can do, just let us know!

Big hugs to you Mel :yh_hugs love Mel :yh_hugs xxx
minks

Post by minks »

Rapunzel wrote: Isnt life sh1t!! It hits you with one bad thing and then keeps on kicking! :-5

I'm SO sorry to hear about your dad! You must have all been so shocked and scared, but as everyone says - he's in the right place and they'll do their absolute best for him. Your mum may not get much rest but I'm sure she'd rather be with your dad and you can take strength from knowing she's with him and knowing she can call you if she needs to.

Jr Minks sounds like such a wonderful person. But has she been pushing herself too hard or fallen in with the wrong crowd? Or is it that she was worried about her grandad and had no one to vent to? She sounds like too good a person normally, to do something like this without good reason.

But WOW! do you have some great things going on too! Your eldest daughter kept it together for you and was strong AND she VERY kindly kept us all informed!

What a sweetheart!

Your ex came through for you and was also very strong - and very caring. You're so very nice minksy, some of it obviously rubbed off on him! :D

And we're here for you to vent to whenever you need us.

I hope your dad comes home soon and gets well very quickly. You'll all have to make sure he takes it easy from now on.

You're all in my thoughts and prayers sweetie and if there's anything at all that we can do, just let us know!

Big hugs to you Mel :yh_hugs love Mel :yh_hugs xxx

thank you guys Rap I think Jr Minks was with the wrong person at the wrong time, I could not deal with her this eve and left her in her dads care one more nite.

― Mae West
zinkyusa

Post by zinkyusa »

:yh_hugs sorry minxie
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Good for the ex! It takes the load off of you for now, and it is good for him to deal with minks jr.

I hope your dad is home soon, under doctor care and being taken of close to home.:-4
Ocnbrz

Post by Ocnbrz »

Best wishes for you and your family Minx and healing thoughts for your Dad. :yh_hugs

At Christmas I no more desire a rose

Than wish a snow in May's new-fangled mirth;

But like of each thing that in season grows. -Shakespeare
Sheryl

Post by Sheryl »

Minks your in my thoughts and prayers. And so is your father. Keep your chin up everything will work itself out!

:-4 :yh_hugs :yh_hugs
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

A BIG FAT :yh_hugs TO YOU .
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
Bez

Post by Bez »

'It never rains but it pours' does it Minks......all will be well with the family I'm sure.....mega warm wishes coming your way....:-4
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Uncle Kram

Post by Uncle Kram »

Here's to a happy ending. Lotsa luv Minksy:yh_hugs

Unc xxx

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

Minxsie

Vent all you want with us. We are always here to listen to a dear friend like you :-4

May I ask, does 'cardiac incident' always mean 'heart attack'? Heart attacks can leave damage to the heart muscle. But if there was no heart attack, the muscle may have survived *without* any damage at all.

That's what happened to my dad. He had the chest pains but caught it in time before a heart attack could occur (but like your dad, he waited hours until my mom woke up to tell her about it, and then go to the hospital :rolleyes: )

Keep us posted and cry on our shoulders.

Hugs to you today and always :yh_hugs
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

minks

Post by minks »

cherandbuster wrote: Minxsie

Vent all you want with us. We are always here to listen to a dear friend like you :-4

May I ask, does 'cardiac incident' always mean 'heart attack'? Heart attacks can leave damage to the heart muscle. But if there was no heart attack, the muscle may have survived *without* any damage at all.

That's what happened to my dad. He had the chest pains but caught it in time before a heart attack could occur (but like your dad, he waited hours until my mom woke up to tell her about it, and then go to the hospital :rolleyes: )

Keep us posted and cry on our shoulders.

Hugs to you today and always :yh_hugs

Aw again thank you all of you Dad is as we speak on his way back to town, in and ambulance. He is scheduled for an angiogram (however you spell that) at 11:30 today. Cher I have no idea what has happened with his "cardiac incident" I kind of got the idea from the DR it is a bit of a warning incident. but tests today will reveal more and will determine where we go from here. Huge relief knowing he will be in the city

― Mae West
minks

Post by minks »

Hamster wrote: Hi Minks..

My dad had an angiogram too....Seems its just an investigational procedure?

At least he will be a lot closer to you..

Sending all my love for you all :-4

Yep that is what I understand too, a look see as to where a blockage may be, or what went wrong, and such..... I hope whatever they find they put him on a right path to prevention and healing.

― Mae West
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

Minks, how're things today? I've been too busy to be here much and so I felt sorry, realizing I'd only now learned of your rotten luck! Sounds to me as if you're the rock between two troubled generations.

I hope things're better now. :yh_hugs :yh_hugs :yh_hugs
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
minks

Post by minks »

Lulu2 wrote: Minks, how're things today? I've been too busy to be here much and so I felt sorry, realizing I'd only now learned of your rotten luck! Sounds to me as if you're the rock between two troubled generations.

I hope things're better now. :yh_hugs :yh_hugs :yh_hugs

Thanks Lu2

Today is a better day, Dad is home, in his house home, yesterday was all day at the heart unit of the hospital here in town, he did have a heart attack, and he has suffered a collapsed artery. Good news he has NO damage to his heart, he can't drive for a month, and may not be able to take his holiday to Mexico come December. He has 6 months of cardio therapy ahead of him and is going to be fine. He has huge life style changes ahead of him (interestingly things us family members have been talking to him about are likely what he is going to be forced to do finally) He sees this as a huge wake up call and I have faith he is going to make the appropriate changes so we shall all just be here as his support system.

Thanks for asking and Thanks for the continued support

You guys are fantastic.

― Mae West
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

minks wrote: Good news he has NO damage to his heart

Minxsy :)

This is the best news of all! I'm really happy about that.

Wake-up calls can be good things. Wishing the *very best* for your Dad and the rest of the Minxsy clan :-4
Live Life with

PASSION

minks

Post by minks »

cherandbuster wrote: Minxsy :)

This is the best news of all! I'm really happy about that.

Wake-up calls can be good things. Wishing the *very best* for your Dad and the rest of the Minxsy clan :-4

Thanks Cher, he sure was in good spirits on the phone last nite what a relief.

― Mae West
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

minks wrote: Thanks Cher, he sure was in good spirits on the phone last nite what a relief.

I totally understand.

My Dad, about 7 years ago, had a quintuple bypass operation. He had been having chest pains and checked himself out of the hospital against medical advice :-5 -- he said that "NO doctor was going to saw his chest open!"

The doctors told him he was a great candidate for a heart attack if he left the hospital. He did it anyway.

One week later, he got chest pains again. This was about midnight. He got up, showered, shaved and *finally* awoke my mother and told her. He *insisted* on driving to the hospital :-5 .

He ultimately had the surgery and is now *healthier* than ever! He is stronger and less winded and better than he was before.

I bet the same thing will happen for your Dad. I'm sure it literally added years to my Dad's life. :-6
Live Life with

PASSION

minks

Post by minks »

cherandbuster wrote: I totally understand.

My Dad, about 7 years ago, had a quintuple bypass operation. He had been having chest pains and checked himself out of the hospital against medical advice :-5 -- he said that "NO doctor was going to saw his chest open!"

The doctors told him he was a great candidate for a heart attack if he left the hospital. He did it anyway.

One week later, he got chest pains again. This was about midnight. He got up, showered, shaved and *finally* awoke my mother and told her. He *insisted* on driving to the hospital :-5 .

He ultimately had the surgery and is now *healthier* than ever! He is stronger and less winded and better than he was before.

I bet the same thing will happen for your Dad. I'm sure it literally added years to my Dad's life. :-6

Silly old men eh!!!

― Mae West
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

Minks, I'm glad for the good news!

(Might I change the subject for a minute & say you might enjoy the idea of joining Pinks, myself & a "few" others on a (fantasy) trip to stand in the courtroom the day the #$$&*#@ who hit BR is sentenced?)

See? I knew you'd get a huge grin, thinking about that!

(Hang in there, Honeybun.)
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
minks

Post by minks »

Lulu2 wrote: Minks, I'm glad for the good news!

(Might I change the subject for a minute & say you might enjoy the idea of joining Pinks, myself & a "few" others on a (fantasy) trip to stand in the courtroom the day the #$$&*#@ who hit BR is sentenced?)

See? I knew you'd get a huge grin, thinking about that!

(Hang in there, Honeybun.)

Thanks LU2 can I bring my tazer??

― Mae West
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, that is such good news, minks. He is home, the bad times are past, and the rehab will put him into better shape with the lifestyle changes.

Yeah!:)
minks

Post by minks »

chonsigirl wrote: Oh, that is such good news, minks. He is home, the bad times are past, and the rehab will put him into better shape with the lifestyle changes.

Yeah!:)

he will be a grumpy bump

― Mae West
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Ha-patients always are. Mine is happy it is Friday, but by tomorrow I better hurry up with the chores before the football games, or oh brother.....................:wah:
minks

Post by minks »

chonsigirl wrote: Ha-patients always are. Mine is happy it is Friday, but by tomorrow I better hurry up with the chores before the football games, or oh brother.....................:wah:

ahh but you watch he will be smiling for the game won't he :)

― Mae West
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh yes, especially when they are winning..........................:)
minks

Post by minks »

chonsigirl wrote: Oh yes, especially when they are winning..........................:)

than I wish his team well hehehehe

― Mae West
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Ha-ha, me too. It makes the evening chores easier for me.......................:)

Return to “Welcome To My Day!”