If only I could...

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
Bez

If only I could...

Post by Bez »

SnoozeControl;453931 wrote: I hope a new day looks a little brighter, buddy. I'm sorry I bored you with my personal details (which I'm not crazy about sharing), but I wanted you to know that you're not alone in these kind of problems and you can get out from under all this and start again.

We're all here to help you in anyway we can, Pinky.

I don't think it hurts to pass on your experiences if you feel able. Knowing that other people have had similar problems and 'come out the other end', can be encouraging and inspirational....it also 'opens the door' for someone to seek advice or 'mull ' something over because there is a common bond there.

:-6
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Betty Boop

If only I could...

Post by Betty Boop »

Pinky, let us know you're ok. :-4
Bez

If only I could...

Post by Bez »

Betty Boop;453974 wrote: Pinky, let us know you're ok. :-4

Yes...please do !
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
cherandbuster

If only I could...

Post by cherandbuster »

RedGlitter;453847 wrote: Pink, you need yourself a plan. If you have a plan or even the start of one, you will feel more in control. Control will give you hope. Hope will keep you going and will give you determination. Determination will find a way out. You know as a witch, what you put into the universe is powerful. What's that saying??

When the student is ready, the teacher will appear."

I know this to be true because it's worked for me when I thought I should just shoot myself. It will work for you too.

Hello my lovely friend Pinky

Red's advice is spot-on :guitarist

If you formulate a plan in your mind then you are working toward a goal. Bez did the same thing. It will give you hope and a sense of control over your life.

We love you

Please let us know you are O.K. :-4
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

chonsigirl

If only I could...

Post by chonsigirl »

Thanks for letting us know, Hamster.:-4
cherandbuster

If only I could...

Post by cherandbuster »

Hamster;454013 wrote: Hello all...Just to let you know I have just spoken to Pinkster and she is ok....

:-4 :-4

Thanks Hammy

I'm so glad to know that :-6
Live Life with

PASSION

minks

If only I could...

Post by minks »

Beams To You Pinky :-6
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
guppy

If only I could...

Post by guppy »

Thanks for telling us hammy. glad to know pinkster is alright. sending her much love and beams:-6 :-4
Betty Boop

If only I could...

Post by Betty Boop »

Glad she's ok!
sunny104

If only I could...

Post by sunny104 »

:yh_hugs Pinky :yh_hugs

sending you lots of love and hugs!!
Carl44

If only I could...

Post by Carl44 »

pinky the other day when i was down and broken you and a few kind people really helped put me back together if there is anything i can do let me know

please from jimbo :-4 :-4
Imladris

If only I could...

Post by Imladris »

:yh_hugs :yh_hugs :yh_hugs

Hope you're days are looking brighter.
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
zinkyusa

If only I could...

Post by zinkyusa »

Hang in there pinks..whatever has you down will pass..just hang out here where you are appreciated:(

they can kill ya but they can't eat ya
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
guppy

If only I could...

Post by guppy »

thanks for letting us know. send her our love.:-4
cars

If only I could...

Post by cars »

OK pink, you just get yourself back here right now, or else, ya hear! :D :p :rolleyes::-4
Cars :)
Rapunzel

If only I could...

Post by Rapunzel »

Twenty Dollars

A well known speaker started off his seminar by holding up a $20 bill.

In the room of 200, he asked, "Who would like this $20 bill?"

Hands started going up.

He said, "I am going to give this $20 to one of you but first, let me do this." He proceeded to crumple the dollar bill up.

He then asked, "Who still wants it?" Still, the hands were up in the air.

"Well," he replied, "What if I do this?"? And he dropped it on the ground and started to grind it into the floor with his shoe, crumpled and dirty.

"Now who still wants it?" Still the hands went into the air.

"My friends, you have all learned a very valuable lesson. No matter what I did to the money, you still wanted it because it did not decrease in value. It was still worth $20."

Many times in our lives, we are dropped, crumpled, and ground into the dirt by the decisions we make and the circumstances that come our way. We feel as though we are worthless. But no matter what has happened or what will happen, you will never lose your value in the eyes of those who love you.

You are special - Don't ever forget it!

Author Unknown

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Carl44

If only I could...

Post by Carl44 »

Rapunzel;454246 wrote: Twenty Dollars

Hands started going up.

He said, "I am going to give this $20 to one of you but first, let me do this." He proceeded to crumple the dollar bill up.

"Well," he replied, "What if I do this?"? And he dropped it on the ground and started to grind it into the floor with his shoe, crumpled and dirty.

"My friends, you have all learned a very valuable lesson. No matter what I did to the money, you still wanted it because it did not decrease in value. It was still worth $20."

Many times in our lives, we are dropped, crumpled, and ground into the dirt by the decisions we make and the circumstances that come our way. We feel as though we are worthless. But no matter what has happened or what will happen, you will never lose your value in the eyes of those who love you.

Author Unknown

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

rap that was lovely :-4 :-4
cars

If only I could...

Post by cars »

flopstock;454230 wrote: Cars... how is it that you always make things seem brighter somehow, when I see you in a thread?:-4

:-4 Flop :-4 you charmer you! :-4
buttercup

If only I could...

Post by buttercup »

Rapunzel;454246 wrote: Twenty Dollars

Hands started going up.

Author Unknown

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

ive always known you were special rapunzel, these type of posts reinforce that to me :-4
minks

If only I could...

Post by minks »

atta girl good to see you back even if only for a few minutes

Huggs

M
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
pantsonfire321@aol.com

If only I could...

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

Clancy;454504 wrote: What's not to like about you, Pinky. Big Heart, Beautiful smile, gorgeous hair, weird footwear, fabulous arse, ....I could go on you know:)

Seriously though, Pinks, I hope you feel beter soon.

Clancy you old perve, trust you to lower the tone ;) :rolleyes: :-4
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
Carl44

If only I could...

Post by Carl44 »

Pinky;454496 wrote: Thanks Minksy. Now off to bed as I'm pretty wiped out!

after pulling twice i'd be wiped out :wah: :wah: :wah:

oh and proud :sneaky:
cherandbuster

If only I could...

Post by cherandbuster »

Good Morning Lovely Lady :)

I hope this Friday finds you in a good place

We love you :-4
Live Life with

PASSION

Imladris

If only I could...

Post by Imladris »

Glad you're feeling better. Don't forget that we're here if you need us though.:)
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
chonsigirl

If only I could...

Post by chonsigirl »

I wish I could have had more sleep last night.........................
Accountable

If only I could...

Post by Accountable »

I slept like a baby!

Kept getting up asking for water

Demanded a story

Turned on the night light to keep monsters at bay

Wet the bedSo why am I so tired?
chonsigirl

If only I could...

Post by chonsigirl »

:wah:
guppy

If only I could...

Post by guppy »

Good Morning! ear friend.

glad to see you up and about today.

Hope you have a wonderful Friday!!!!!:-6
guppy

If only I could...

Post by guppy »

Pinky;454767 wrote: Thankyou sweetie!!

I'm certainly feeling much better, especially since I got a surprise in the mail this morning:-4

cool! what ya get?????? huh? huh? huh?:wah:
cars

If only I could...

Post by cars »

It's great to see you up & about pink! Good on ya! :)
buttercup

If only I could...

Post by buttercup »

atta girl :-4
Bubblegum

If only I could...

Post by Bubblegum »

Pinky;453818 wrote: I have spent most of my life being what others expect me to be, and I've proved that I will never live up to their expectations.

The real me (the me that you see here) never seems to be enough..not lovable enough, not organised enough, not in control enough. I am fed up of trying to live up to those things. There is always someone better than me, or worth more than me.

I am sick of trying to prove myself to no effect.

Obviously there is something not god enough or not quite right for me to be constantly rejected in this way. I'm done trying to figure out what it is...it beats me. I just can't be arsed any more.

Hi Pinky, I'm sorry to hear that you are hurting. ((((Pinky))))

I thought your post (above) spoke volumes particularly the part that says that you have spent most of your life being what others expect you to be and that you will never live up to their expectations.

Living your life as others expect you to is obviously very draining so it is little wonder that every now and then you will suffer as you are; things will start to affect you more and more until eventually you just have to crash and burn until your batteries are once again recharged.

Apart from being tiring the trouble with acting out a role and not actually living as yourself is that others then unknowingly associate you with a false personality/identity and will treat you as such i.e. the person who perhaps does not display or talk about her vulnerabilities and is usually the one who is seen as the type with the strong shoulders others lean on.

The people you hide your real self from will also be confused by your two conflicting personalities and will no doubt act accordingly and you are unwittingly feeding off of these negative vibes which may be one of the reasons you are experiencing a feeling of worthlessness and rejection. If others are confused by your conflicting personalities then it must surely follow that they must at some point confuse you too. Living this way for so long will eventually cause some sort of overlap of personalities which will inevitably confuse everyone! By continuing to try to live up to other peoples expectations you are in fact destroying the chances of the acceptance that you are perhaps striving for.

There could be many other reasons why you have so far chose not to reveal the real you but I am guessing that your self esteem may have something to do with this. Would you consider joining an evening class that deals with self esteem issues to address this? Maybe a book on improving your self esteem may be a good place to start.

Tiny steps I think are what are needed to reintroduce your real self to those from whom you have ‘hidden’ but most importantly I think you need to start to be more honest; I don’t just mean being honest to others, most importantly I mean being honest to yourself and about who you are. Start with something small and build from that. Expressing vulnerabilities is often a good starting point as that would immediately be something that others may not have recognised in you previously and should make them start to view you differently. It may take a while before you ‘get through’ to people but genuine people will eventually learn that you are being sincere and will act accordingly.

Years of acting as 'you think' others expect you to will not be a habit that you will be able to change overnight so accept that it will take time but know that with each tiny step forward towards change things will get easier and you will slowly start to regain control of your life once more.

Once you start to be yourself again not only will you start to feel exhilarated and free but you will slowly start to love yourself again and then so will others.

You are a lovely person on here Pinky and it would be a shame to deprive others elsewhere of the real you too.
cherandbuster

If only I could...

Post by cherandbuster »

guppy;454769 wrote: cool! what ya get?????? huh? huh? huh?:wah:

Oh tell us Pinkster

And also who sent it and put a smile on your face :)
Live Life with

PASSION

Return to “Welcome To My Day!”