Crap!!!!!!!

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
Fibonacci

Crap!!!!!!!

Post by Fibonacci »

My glasses just broke!:-1 I dont know what happened.:confused: they just fell apart!:mad:
The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket... It's about how you move. I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. Hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was... He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me.
guppy

Crap!!!!!!!

Post by guppy »

I am a glasses catastrophie. i ended up haveing to get the titanium ones that are one whole peace that you can bend all the heck and back. they have lased for six months now. it doesn't help that i always have them perched on my head like a headband. ...

sorry yours broke fibi.
valerie

Crap!!!!!!!

Post by valerie »

Are you sure the little eyepiece screw didn't just come out? If that's

it, you can get an eyeglasses repair kit just about anywhere (even some

grocery stores have them) and out them back together yourself.
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Fibonacci

Crap!!!!!!!

Post by Fibonacci »

guppy;468425 wrote: I am a glasses catastrophie. i ended up haveing to get the titanium ones that are one whole peace that you can bend all the heck and back. they have lased for six months now. it doesn't help that i always have them perched on my head like a headband. ...

sorry yours broke fibi.

I have an extra pair. i put them away for safe keeping but i cant remember where. I should probably look into those titanium frames. i have the habit of falling asleep while wearing them.:o
The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket... It's about how you move. I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. Hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was... He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me.
Fibonacci

Crap!!!!!!!

Post by Fibonacci »

valerie;468427 wrote: Are you sure the little eyepiece screw didn't just come out? If that's

it, you can get an eyeglasses repair kit just about anywhere (even some

grocery stores have them) and out them back together yourself.

You know, i've always had that problem. The little screw is always popping out at the most inconvenient times.:rolleyes: I wish that was the problem this time. The little bridge that links the two lenses together snapped in half. Maybe some tape would work???:D
guppy

Crap!!!!!!!

Post by guppy »

I have had to fish mine out of the washing machine and the dishwasher a few times and they are still working......:wah:
CARLA

Crap!!!!!!!

Post by CARLA »

I have the titanium frames as well they really do last a very long time. I just had my lenses changed and kept the same frame since it was like new still.

When the center bridge breaks your doomed unless you can solder them back together with cold solder, may work, may not. :yh_glasse
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Fibonacci

Crap!!!!!!!

Post by Fibonacci »

CARLA;468447 wrote: I have the titanium frames as well they really do last a very long time. I just had my lenses changed and kept the same frame since it was like new still.

When the center bridge breaks your doomed unless you can solder them back together with cold solder, may work, may not. :yh_glasse

Worth a try!:)
Nomad

Crap!!!!!!!

Post by Nomad »

Fibonacci;468423 wrote: My glasses just broke!:-1 I dont know what happened.:confused: they just fell apart!:mad:

I feel your pain. Except I know what happened.

I sat on them.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Nomad

Crap!!!!!!!

Post by Nomad »

guppy;468439 wrote: I have had to fish mine out of the washing machine and the dishwasher a few times and they are still working......:wah:

Guppies fish ?

Do the other guppies know about this ? :thinking:
I AM AWESOME MAN
AussiePam

Crap!!!!!!!

Post by AussiePam »

I have actually DRIVEN over TWO pairs of mine - in separate weirdnesses - neat Oroton frames and all. Sigh. Don't ask. But I feel your pain, Fibonacci.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

cars

Crap!!!!!!!

Post by cars »

Fibonacci;468423 wrote: My glasses just broke!:-1 I dont know what happened.:confused: they just fell apart!:mad:

Years ago when "rimless" glasses first came out I got "2" pair. One regular pair, & one deep blue sunglass pair, just before Thanksgiving. So there I was at the Thanksgiving dinner table, bragging about them and the big bargain" they were at $88 dollars, including the eye exam! When all of a sudden, to my embarrassment, one of the "lenses" fell out onto the table right there in front of all the family! They all laughed sooooo hard they all peed in their paints! (Including me) Sometimes bargains are not such a bargain! :wah:
Cars :)
Marie5656

Crap!!!!!!!

Post by Marie5656 »

Fibonacci;468435 wrote: You know, i've always had that problem. The little screw is always popping out at the most inconvenient times.:rolleyes: I wish that was the problem this time. The little bridge that links the two lenses together snapped in half. Maybe some tape would work???:D

yes..that happens to me too. Thing is, I got one of those little screwdriver things, to replace the screw, but with my glasses off I cannot see to fix the darn thing..so I have to ask my husband to do it.

Tape? Right. geek alert. :p
chonsigirl

Crap!!!!!!!

Post by chonsigirl »

I always keep an eye glass repair case in my desk at school, kids break their glasses all the time. It's part of being a kid!
Fibonacci

Crap!!!!!!!

Post by Fibonacci »

Marie5656;468565 wrote: yes..that happens to me too. Thing is, I got one of those little screwdriver things, to replace the screw, but with my glasses off I cannot see to fix the darn thing..so I have to ask my husband to do it.

Tape? Right. geek alert. :p

:wah: :wah:

Crap!!!!!!!

Post by 911 »

Duct tape safety glasses! Never fall apart again!

:wah:
When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before.

Mae West
Fibonacci

Crap!!!!!!!

Post by Fibonacci »

Geez! :mad:

When it rains it pours. The soldering worked! But Now there is a new problem. That damn screw popped out and I haven't been able to find it.:-5
chonsigirl

Crap!!!!!!!

Post by chonsigirl »

*yikes*
abbey

Crap!!!!!!!

Post by abbey »

My sister was holding an interview, pushed her glassed up her nose and they snapped in the middle,

one side was swinging on her cheek.

She had to conduct the entire interview with her finger firmly on the bridge of her nose.

The guy got the job because he pretended he never noticed, either that or he was as blind as a bat!:yh_glasse

Return to “Welcome To My Day!”