Life at the Shelter......

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
Saffron

Post by Saffron »

Probably everyone here knows that I live in a church shelter....well recently a lot of "residents" were given the boot, as they had been living there for way too long without having real jobs.....some of them for as long as 11 years. So the cook left and was replaced by a girl who has been there for about 4 months now, who had a very very bad drug problem and lots of other poroblems. She came there with her daughter. And her 20 year-old daughter has recently gone to a Christian camp/get-your-act-together place.

Well, this new cook has gone back to using again. She is doing crystal methaline (I don't really know how to spell it). And everyone has noticed. As her body language and facial muscles get really obviously weird when she is wired on this stuff. She sometimes looks as if she has muscular dystrophy it's so bad when she is on it. And she stays up all night and sleeps all day. And about once a week she disappears for the while day and nobody knows where she goes.

So finally enough of the residents complained about it. And a few of them came to me about what they see. Also I have heard her making very strange comments about the man who I am seeing who is in charge there, comments that sound as if she thinks that there is something going on between the 2 of them. So I went to him about what I was hearing. He pretty much said not to listen to rumors and that we should not "kick her" because of this. So I let it go.

Then that night, Sunday night she began making rude comments to me literally behind my back in church. So I left the church and told my guy who was doing the bible study that I do not have to sit in a church while this B I T C H makes comments out loud in front of everyone. So he came into the church after he and I went back inside, and he told her to get into the Pastors office. So she got up and walked into the back to see the Pastor. And a ew minutes later she came back out. Then a few minutes later she started saying crap to me again, literally to my back (as she was sitting 2 pews behind me), and he had to tell her to get up again and go into the Pastor's office...again. She said "again" and got up and went in the back again.

So after church we all went into the office/library to hear this guy tell us all to "stop bickering" instead of him dealing with the drug addict's problem and what she was doing. So I took her outside and confronted her with the things she was saying about him, that I was so offended about. She was so freaked out about me confronting her and so wired on drugs that she could not stand still while I was talking to her. She began kind of hopping and walking back and forth in front of me. And she ran off down the hallway to get away.

So by this time myself and the other woman who also lives there who has noticed the crap, has decided to go and tell this guy everything that she knows about the drug addict. Because he has not said anything to her. She and I went into Will and my friend again told him about the things that this drug addict/cook woman was saying about him, which sounded as if she and he had something going on. And he was shocked. He said that she is having a fanstasy about him. And my friend informed him that I was really hurt by what the drug addict was implying. But that he cannot see it. (he is blind to emotions).

So yesterday morning this drug addict woman slept till like 10 a.m. after she was up all night doing who knows what in the kitchen, and only got out of bed because her boyfriend (believe it or not she has a boyfriend) and her were leaving to go to a motel. She came out and told few of us who where sitting there having coffee that she is going to "fornicate". And she left with him. She stayed gone all night and today at 12 noon she was still not back from the place where they went. I am assuming it's a motel room.

I am sure that the Pastor has been informed and that he now knows. And I don't know what is going to happen. But she disappears like that all the time, and everyone knows she runs off to see her connection. But this time I think she is gone because of her embarrassment. I hope that she loses her job there as the cook. And I hope that she is told that either she is out of there, or the Pastor does something about it. Because nobody there can stand a drug addict being allowed to live there, while we all have to live by the rules.
Your Kitty Forum

My Website
jennyswan

Post by jennyswan »

They should have kicked her out when she started doing the drugs. Why is your man not understanding why you are so upset? Could he be cheating with her? Does he have a guilty conscious. Otherwise she should be just told to go find more suitable accomodation.
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Saffy...Saffy...Saffy....

I know you've heard me say this kind of thing before but I have to say it again: get out of that place. It is not healthy no matter how you slice it. Trust issues with this man keep surfacing. Red flags everywhere. I'm sure you'd rather have someone than be alone but sometimes that's a bad idea. How do I say this so it comes out right? I'm not going to fault anyone who lives in a shelter. Sometimes things happen. I am certainly not faulting YOU for living there. But to put it straight, find a man who is not in a shelter. One who can offer you some stability. A home. Security. True companionship. You're not going to find what you want in a man in his situation.

Don't get dragged down by methheads and other lowlifes. They have no life. You are trying to get one. Keep your eyes on the prize and shake off anything that remotely sullies you.

:)
Tater Tazz

Post by Tater Tazz »

all i can say, is good luck to you, does not sound like a very healthy enviroment to be in. they should have tossed her out at the very begining. much luck taz
Saffron

Post by Saffron »

Yes it isn't a healthy environment. But I have nowhere else to go, cannot even afford to pay rent with the kind of income that I have.

As far as the druggy, I am staying away from her.
Your Kitty Forum

My Website

Return to “Welcome To My Day!”