It takes talent to be a genuine klutz

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

So, here I am again...picking up Rick at work...again. Go to step out of the car to go over to the passenger side. Immediatly step on probably the ONLY piece of black ice in the entire parking lot.

I did a rather attractive little pirouette and land on my @ss. Well..couple arthritic hip and knees with the patch of ice, as well as the serious bruise to my dignity..I could not get up to save my life. Rick came out..a couple of the guys heworks with came out. I am sitting there in tears and they are trying to figure out how to help me up

I finally got up, and gimped over to the passenger side of the car. I have a nice brush burn on my knee.

Rick did cook me dinner though. And I am just sitting here feeling sorry for myself. :-5
Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

And, oh by the way..on top of everything..today is our 5th anniversary!! Happy anniversary to the klutz..
Fibonacci

Post by Fibonacci »

Happy Anniversary Marie!:D

I feel your pain! I work with ice and I'm always slipping and falling! :yh_beatup
The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket... It's about how you move. I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. Hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was... He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me.
guppy

Post by guppy »

happy anniversary Marie...sorry about the fall

if it makes you feel any better . i went to the gas station today, went inside and got a drink, came out and filled up another car that looked just like mine..the man that owned the car just stood there talking to me like nothing was amiss...........:o
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Hey Marie, I'm sorry to hear about this and I'm glad you weren't seriously hurt. You might be a little sore for a few days though. You have to laugh about it. That's the only way to handle these things. ;)

One time I was eating in a restaurant where the booths were up on a ledge and you had to step down to get out. I forgot and went sailing out of the booth and landed flat on my face. In my new red coat! There was no missing me! :o I got up, smiled and told everyone the entertainment was free. They all laughed.

And happy anniversary to you!! :)
sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

a few weeks ago I was stepping out of the car next to a curb and my foot slipped off the curb as I was trying to step onto it and I fell on my knee...ouch! :o

we should start a 'klutzy experience of the day thread' :wah: :wah:
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

guppy;479204 wrote: happy anniversary Marie...sorry about the fall

if it makes you feel any better . i went to the gas station today, went inside and got a drink, came out and filled up another car that looked just like mine..the man that owned the car just stood there talking to me like nothing was amiss...........:o
Now that is funny. But who paid for the gas?:wah:
guppy

Post by guppy »

YZGI;479696 wrote: Now that is funny. But who paid for the gas?:wah:

he did, but he did ask me if i wanted to check under his hood.....:) the guy that owns the gas station was standing right there filling up my car, laughing his but off....
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

guppy;479702 wrote: he did, but he did ask me if i wanted to check under his hood.....:) the guy that owns the gas station was standing right there filling up my car, laughing his but off....
So was his dipstick okay?
guppy

Post by guppy »

YZGI;479705 wrote: So was his dipstick okay?

looked good from where i was standing.....:wah:
koan

Post by koan »

gupster wins a prize for that one! :-6

what a great story.
koan

Post by koan »

btw, happy anniversary, Marie !

Return to “Welcome To My Day!”