Sleep tight and don't let the bedbugs bite!

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
valerie

Post by valerie »

NEW YORK (AP) - An opera singer has sued the Hilton Hotels Corp. (HLN) for $6 million, complaining she suffered 150 bites from bedbugs on her arms, chest, neck and face when she stayed in one of its hotels in Arizona.

Soprano Alison Trainer claimed she was bitten at Phoenix's Hilton Suites between Nov. 20 and Nov. 26, and said the bites were a "horrific" experience that left her afraid to sleep in a bed, caused her to lose weight and made her uncomfortable about her physical appearance.

"She looks like a piece of wood that has been attacked by termites," said Trainer's attorney, Kenneth J. Glassman.

Court papers say Trainer noticed the bugs on Nov. 26 and reported "brutally conclusive proof" of the infestation to hotel officials.

"She noticed the itching and the blood on the sheets right away, but she didn't know that this was being caused by bedbugs," Glassman said, explaining why Trainer stayed in the hotel for six nights.

Despite the bites on her face, Trainer, who has appeared several times with the New York City Opera, the Phoenix Symphony and other music companies around the nation, has kept her singing commitments since the bedbug attack, Glassman said.

"She's a professional," he said.

A spokeswoman for the Hilton Hotels Corp. did not return a telephone call seeking comment Wednesday. Hilton's Web site says it is the leading global hospitality company, with nearly 2,800 hotels and 485,000 rooms in more than 80 countries.
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

ShawnG

Post by ShawnG »

Bedbugs are making a comeback in the U.S. I worked at a hotel last year that had an "incident" with them, we spent an entire day treating the whole hotel. (this wasn't a cheap place either- a four star historic hotel) but there's really no way to keep them out, historically they come in waves and we're in one right now
nvalleyvee

Post by nvalleyvee »

I could never say that to my kids. I only said sleep tight see you when the sun comes up.

Bed bugs would have made them crazy!
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
Indian Princess

Post by Indian Princess »

I work pharmacy and let me tell you bedbugs can be hell!!!!

Not only is it painful and embarassing, you have to find out if they are scabies as well, there is a new strain of scabies in the United States that is very and I do mean very hard to kill, I have a women who lives accross the river from me (Canada) and she travels the ferry to our pharmacy because she has had this for 2 years and it has taken a toll on her mentally, I contacted a friend of mine who is a physician (dermatolagist) in South Carolina, and he swears by good ol vasoline.

I suggested it to her and havent heard anything back.....

Beware:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::mad:

Return to “Welcome To My Day!”