I'm not making this up.

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
Wolverine

I'm not making this up.

Post by Wolverine »

i...

how....

it what??

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

Bryn Mawr

I'm not making this up.

Post by Bryn Mawr »

flopstock;510641 wrote: There was a leak in a pipe today in the plateroom... right above where the computer sits that processes the pages and sends them to the image-setter...

A few hours later, the manager leaves for lunch and gets a call from one of the guys that the mouse isn't working. Rather then turn around and come back, the manager calls and asks if I would mind running back and taking care of it. NP

I walk in and say to the guy 'still not working?' He replies 'nope' ... I head around the huge image-setter toward the computer with the problem and as i start to reach my hands out the guy says 'hey, be careful not to move the keyboard, it's full of water and we just got the counter cleaned up'

I told him to pull the plug from the wall. He hesitated because he needed to get some pages out. I reworded my request and he complied.. I noted out loud that there appeared to be more water on the counter-top and was told that they keep cleaning it up and it just comes back... they weren't sure from where..

Yep, the CPU was leaking water..

Humans are amazing creatures. I am reminded of that daily. Today however, was scary..:eek: :D

With Cray's it's liquid nitrogen :-)

We had it rain in the computer room once - the aircon was in the false roof and sprang a leak. Didn't do the CPU much good - never mind the ferite core memory!
Nomad

I'm not making this up.

Post by Nomad »

I reworded my request and he complied..

:wah:

Did you say how now brown cow or what ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
Nomad

I'm not making this up.

Post by Nomad »

Ah nonsense...you very well might have saved his petty life. You're a hero ! :-4
I AM AWESOME MAN
JacksDad

I'm not making this up.

Post by JacksDad »

flopstock;510684 wrote: The real pisser is it survived. Got it outside and opened it up, took the compressed air to it then dosed it in tech spray and let it air dry in my office for a couple of hours, swapped out a power supply.. good as new.. surprised the hell out of me, but they just think I'm that good..:wah:

Way I had it figured though, I had nothing to lose at that point, might as well give it a go:p

Yea. I've run into a problem with them 'just thinking I'm that good.'

Now they expect it all the time and then some! :-3
Bryn Mawr

I'm not making this up.

Post by Bryn Mawr »

flopstock;510684 wrote: The real pisser is it survived. Got it outside and opened it up, took the compressed air to it then dosed it in tech spray and let it air dry in my office for a couple of hours, swapped out a power supply.. good as new.. surprised the hell out of me, but they just think I'm that good..:wah:

Way I had it figured though, I had nothing to lose at that point, might as well give it a go:p

but you *are* that good - at the very least :-)

He was more than a little lucky
Mystery

I'm not making this up.

Post by Mystery »

Well, I learn something new every day.
Kynky

I'm not making this up.

Post by Kynky »

Just think. You could have said what a big job this is going to be...close the door and say don't interrupt me....have a little nap....visit the Garden....swear really loud a few times to keep them out...
Indian Princess

I'm not making this up.

Post by Indian Princess »

monotone when your pissed!

I am the same way, the quieter I get the more pissed I am.

Return to “Welcome To My Day!”