Dual Use Of Golf Courses

Discuss all types of sports.
Lon

Dual Use Of Golf Courses

Post by Lon »

I have been an avid golfer for a long time and been sensitive to the critics of the game that complain of the poor use of space, insecticides and pesticides on the course, water waste etc., etc. Well how about this sportsfans-------

Combine golf courses with a cemetery. All flat markers and prime space at the different tees. Cremated remains in the bunkers instead of sand. Soft organ music piped throughout the course to soothe the jangled golfers nerves. What true golfer would not wish to be burried on a golf course or have his cremated remains scattered on one? This could very well lower the cost of both burials and golf and certainly make the GREENIES happy. Think this idea would ever fly? NOPE!!!! It's too practical.
gmc

Dual Use Of Golf Courses

Post by gmc »

How did golf get invented, Let's take a stick and hit a ball down these rabbit holes! Great idea, even now in St Andrews there is not much to do.
Tombstone

Dual Use Of Golf Courses

Post by Tombstone »

Hi Lon,

I think this is a great idea. I know of many golfers who would like to be buried at their favorite course.

What about the old "superstition" of walking on someone's grave? I wonder if people still get creeped out over that.
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
Lon

Dual Use Of Golf Courses

Post by Lon »

Tombstone wrote: Hi Lon,

I think this is a great idea. I know of many golfers who would like to be buried at their favorite course.

What about the old "superstition" of walking on someone's grave? I wonder if people still get creeped out over that.
I doubt that golfers would adhere to that old superstition. Remember the golf joke---------"Hit the ball & drag Harry".
RedSoxFan

Dual Use Of Golf Courses

Post by RedSoxFan »

gmc wrote: How did golf get invented, Let's take a stick and hit a ball down these rabbit holes! Great idea, even now in St Andrews there is not much to do.

There are many different opinions on how the game actually was invented. Google: "History of Golf" and tons of things pop up.
I try to please one person a day. Today is not your day, and tomorrow looks bad too.
RedSoxFan

Dual Use Of Golf Courses

Post by RedSoxFan »

Lon wrote: I have been an avid golfer for a long time and been sensitive to the critics of the game that complain of the poor use of space, insecticides and pesticides on the course, water waste etc., etc. Well how about this sportsfans-------

Combine golf courses with a cemetery. All flat markers and prime space at the different tees. Cremated remains in the bunkers instead of sand. Soft organ music piped throughout the course to soothe the jangled golfers nerves. What true golfer would not wish to be burried on a golf course or have his cremated remains scattered on one? This could very well lower the cost of both burials and golf and certainly make the GREENIES happy. Think this idea would ever fly? NOPE!!!! It's too practical.

I too, am an avid Golfer. I love the idea. But I probably wouldnt want to many people tearing up the ground above me and all the foul language of a miss hit disturbing my rest.

Have you played any courses that the PGA Tour plays on? How long have you been playing? Handicap?
I try to please one person a day. Today is not your day, and tomorrow looks bad too.
minks

Dual Use Of Golf Courses

Post by minks »

RedSoxFan wrote: I too, am an avid Golfer. I love the idea. But I probably wouldnt want to many people tearing up the ground above me and all the foul language of a miss hit disturbing my rest.

Have you played any courses that the PGA Tour plays on? How long have you been playing? Handicap?

Gawd in this city we have a private golf course that has been an inner city course for over 30 years now there is talk of pushing it out of the city so they can build houses on it. I say ..."stop the madness" leave the dam course along and let us golfers enjoy what we have.

Crazy to think it is poor use of space. Leisure is hugely important in todays fast paced society.

*walks away shaking head*
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West

Return to “Wide World of Sports”