Baseball Season!!!!!!

Discuss all types of sports.
BabyRider

Baseball Season!!!!!!

Post by BabyRider »

Oh, how I love this game!!! Spring training is going on now, and I'd give a limb to be down there right now.

Do you like baseball? Hate it? Why?

Who is your favorite team? What do you know about the game?

Frankly, the Tigers suck. Yep, it's a cross I must bear, but I do it gladly. No "fair weather fan" here!! We have a beautiful ball park here, and I plan on spending many summer days down there, screaming at umpires and heckling the opposition.

YAY BASEBALL!!!!
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

RedSoxFan

Baseball Season!!!!!!

Post by RedSoxFan »

Its obvious who my favorite team is. Have you ever been to Fenway? OMG its the best place to watch a game in the world. Though the ticket prices are some of the highest in the league. But last year was finally worth it all. I think you all know what im talking about. To see those poor poor Yankees go down after being up 3-0, the 86 year wait was worth it. Any Yankee fans here? I hope so.... How did it feel to witness the biggest collapse in Sports History? The look on Torre's, Jeter's, A-Rod's, Cashman's and best of all ol Steinbrenner's faces, was absolutely priceless. Oh I can still see the images in my mind.
I try to please one person a day. Today is not your day, and tomorrow looks bad too.
Bothwell

Baseball Season!!!!!!

Post by Bothwell »

Chicago White Sox
"I have done my duty. I thank God for it!"
greydeadhead

Baseball Season!!!!!!

Post by greydeadhead »

The 7th game of the Sox/Yanks series last year was the first full Red Sox game I watched since Game 7 of the 1986 WS... I just could not bring myself to watch a game.. but that 8 game stretch by the Red Sox to comeback and defeat the Evil Empire and then put the broom to the Cards in the WS has to go down in sports history as the greatest winning streak of all time..
Feed your spirit by living near it -- Magic Hat Brewery bottle cap
RedSoxFan

Baseball Season!!!!!!

Post by RedSoxFan »

greydeadhead wrote: The 7th game of the Sox/Yanks series last year was the first full Red Sox game I watched since Game 7 of the 1986 WS... I just could not bring myself to watch a game.. but that 8 game stretch by the Red Sox to comeback and defeat the Evil Empire and then put the broom to the Cards in the WS has to go down in sports history as the greatest winning streak of all time..

Did you just give up on them after the 86' series? LOL. Yeah that was a rough series for the Sox, but like I said the wait was well worth it to see the looks on the Yankee fans faces. I must agree with you about the 8 game stretch.... but I honestly didnt think they would come back and do it, but I never gave up the hope. I thought they would come back and win maybe 2 games against the Yanks. Did you believe in the curse at all?
I try to please one person a day. Today is not your day, and tomorrow looks bad too.
greydeadhead

Baseball Season!!!!!!

Post by greydeadhead »

Nope.. didn't believe in the curse.. oh how I remember that fateful nite in 1986... after that ball skipped between Buckners legs.. I stared at the television in shock for like an hour... I thought the world had ended.. bwahahahaha..

I never would have taken a bet that they would come back from 3 down.. never ever.. bet the books in Vegas were crying after that one..
Feed your spirit by living near it -- Magic Hat Brewery bottle cap
Porpoise

Baseball Season!!!!!!

Post by Porpoise »

I do love baseball! It is fun to watch. My favorite team is the Houston Astros. They will defeat the evil St. Louis Cardinals this year and go on to the World Series where they will win!!!! :-6
DANGER!I drive like you do.

Return to “Wide World of Sports”