abbey

Huge Catfish

Post by abbey »

Thats a big bugger!

Shame on them for taking it out of the river & letting it die though.:(
David813

Huge Catfish

Post by David813 »

They were transporting him here to Kansas City to a sports store aquarium. I agree, should have left him live out his life in the Mississippi River. Human greed has no limits.
"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group that believes you can do these things. Among them are a few Texas millionaires, or businessman from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid." [font=Arial Narrow][/font]

President Dwight D. Eisenhower Nov. 08, 1954
RedSoxFan

Huge Catfish

Post by RedSoxFan »

That is extremely sad those bastards let the fish die. They should have to die now for killing an innocent thing in attempt to display it for profit.
I try to please one person a day. Today is not your day, and tomorrow looks bad too.
mominiowa

Huge Catfish

Post by mominiowa »

When we lived in Southern Ia - we made the trip to Burlington a lot..We were talking to some poeple and they have underwater pics of catfish as big as small cars! They lay low on the bottom of the Mississippi River..and catch everything that comes their way from the damn..THEY ARE HUGE!!!!!!!

~~The Family~~

Happiness is knowing where you come from...

Who you are...

And why you are here.....
David813

Huge Catfish

Post by David813 »

mominiowa wrote: When we lived in Southern Ia - we made the trip to Burlington a lot..We were talking to some poeple and they have underwater pics of catfish as big as small cars! They lay low on the bottom of the Mississippi River..and catch everything that comes their way from the damn..THEY ARE HUGE!!!!!!!I've read of super sized catfish before. They live in such murky depths it's rare to capture one. Not to mention the strength it would require to pull one up! Cabela's sporting store here has big tanks of huge freshwater fish. I would be screaming for the lifeguard if I saw one of them at my heels! A corpse was discovered here in the Missouri River a few years ago. Police were curious about grevious post-mortem injuries to the homeless victim (whom cops suspected of falling from a bridge) as large peices of him were missing. State biologists determined a single large catfish had a go at him.:eek:
"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group that believes you can do these things. Among them are a few Texas millionaires, or businessman from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid." [font=Arial Narrow][/font]

President Dwight D. Eisenhower Nov. 08, 1954
john8pies

Huge Catfish

Post by john8pies »

Reminds of the one that Homer caught in that great episode of The Simpsons!

Return to “Wide World of Sports”