New York to quit race for 2012 Olympics?

Discuss all types of sports.
john8pies

Post by john8pies »

Have just heard that New York may withdraw from the race to host the 2012 Olympics.

since London is allegedly `gaining ground` on Paris, the favourites, due to a massive campaign and sharpening up of transport links, etc, can we actually see the Games coming to London (and more importantly for those of us in the south-west, the sailing events coming to Weymouth and Portland?!)[/I] :confused: :confused: :confused:
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

john8pies wrote: Have just heard that New York may withdraw from the race to host the 2012 Olympics.

since London is allegedly `gaining ground` on Paris, the favourites, due to a massive campaign and sharpening up of transport links, etc, can we actually see the Games coming to London (and more importantly for those of us in the south-west, the sailing events coming to Weymouth and Portland?!)[/I] :confused: :confused: :confused:

I think that would be great. When was the last time the Olympics held in England? Was it really as far back as 1908?
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

Bookmakers in Ireland & Britain cut odds on London hosting the 2012 Olympic Games following a glowing report from Olympic Games inspectors. Ladbrooks and Coral cut London's odds from 7-2 to 3-1 but Paris still remains the 'red hot favourite' following the International Olympic Committee findings.

Return to “Wide World of Sports”