Chelsea 0-1 Leicester City

Discuss all types of sports.
spot

Chelsea 0-1 Leicester City

Post by spot »

I've not seen a Cup Final since I've no idea how long ago.

That was a strange game. Chelsea had more possession than was seemly. Leicester has always had the goalkeepers they needed which is why they won.

Mr Vardy was flung off the pitch with spectacular force and came back seeing the funny side of it, that was pleasing.

Chelsea's fans appear to be under thirty, drink soda and they're thin as rakes. Leicester's fans are twice their age, drink pints nightly and take two seats each on the bus.

Tielemans' goal was memorable, the analysis has started, "Gary Lineker can barely hold back the tears".

Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bryn Mawr

Re: Chelsea 0-1 Leicester City

Post by Bryn Mawr »

A poor first half by Leicester but a good talking to by the manager at half time and they improved massively and deserved the win.
spot

Post by spot »

That's the highlights of the 1949 Cup Final, and Billy Wright's Wolverhampton Wanderers out-playing Leicester City. He captained England 90 times too.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
spot

Post by spot »

And here's the 1969 FA Cup Final, with Peter Shilton instantly recognizable is Leicester's goalkeeper. This time they're beaten by Manchester City.
spot

Post by spot »

In 1963 the final went to Manchester United. Leicester's goalkeeper this time is just as recognizable, Gordon Banks.
spot

Post by spot »

This is the 1961 FA Cup Final, Tottenham - Leicester City 2-0. I sat through it at the time, now it's your turn.

Return to “Wide World of Sports”