What's YOUR favorite beer?

Escape the rat race and slip on into Pub Nutters Inn.
User avatar
Oldschoolguy
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:53 am

What's YOUR favorite beer?

Post by Oldschoolguy »

I have been trying quite a few new India Pale ales here lately. We are having quite the boom for specialty and craft beers here in my area.

I have been drinking beers from the Southeast USA area. Lotsa great ones.

I also am a member of an organization that is trying to change the archaic laws in the area. So far we have been succesful in changing the alcohol limits in beers distributed in the area. We can now have beers that contain over 6% ABV.

Next we are working on legalizing home brewing, which is currently against the law.

But, I digress.

So, what is your favorite beer of choice?
User avatar
Rapunzel
Posts: 6509
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 5:47 pm

What's YOUR favorite beer?

Post by Rapunzel »

You need to move to the UK and join CAMRA.

Your Pale Ale would be considered strong water over here! ;)

You could try a bottle of Pickled Santa, some Bishop's Tipple, Old Speckled Hen or Theakstons Old Peculier.

Home | Real Ale Hunter

Click on the 2nd tab of the link. Find an area rich in real ale and plan your holiday/vacation over here. If you like beer then you haven't lived until you've sampled (a wide variety of) real ale! ;) Hic! :-6
User avatar
LarsMac
Posts: 12933
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:11 pm
Location: Far Out, Man

What's YOUR favorite beer?

Post by LarsMac »

My favorite beer has to be the Belgian Abbey Rochefort.

I spent a couple of months in Brussels and Ghent sampling the brews of Belgium. You cannot sample every brew made in Belgium in two months. Well, maybe you can, but don't try it if you have work to do.

When I got home, I thought New Belgium Brewing in Colorado had started making a decent light beer called 'Fat Tire'.
Control is an illusion. The Chaos is all part of the fun.
-Susan Hattie Steinsapir
southern yankee
Posts: 3906
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:38 pm

What's YOUR favorite beer?

Post by southern yankee »

When i use to drink. It was Harps. But i usely drank Miller Lite
User avatar
LarsMac
Posts: 12933
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:11 pm
Location: Far Out, Man

What's YOUR favorite beer?

Post by LarsMac »

I found that drinking the light stuff just helped you put away a lot more of it. It was like drinking water, and before you know it you're fuzzy, and you're out of beer, wondering who snuck in a drank it all.

I could put away a whole case of Pabst or Bud in a day.

now one or two GOOD beers usually is all I want. I don't like to be inebriated, but I like the taste of beer.
Control is an illusion. The Chaos is all part of the fun.
-Susan Hattie Steinsapir
User avatar
woppy71
Posts: 5306
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:11 pm

What's YOUR favorite beer?

Post by woppy71 »

Well now, hmmmm...

I love real ale, my favourite would be a choice between Spitfire (Shepheard & Neame or "**** and scream" depending on where you come from) or Lancaster Bomber.... :guitarist
Behaviour breeds behaviour - treat people how you would like to be treated yourself
User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

What's YOUR favorite beer?

Post by Odie »

If I drink beer I prefer Labatts Blue, cold and in a frosted mug.
Life is just to short for drama.
User avatar
Lon
Posts: 9476
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:38 pm

What's YOUR favorite beer?

Post by Lon »

My favorite beer is the one that someone else has just paid for.:wah:

But----I do like Steinlager, Stella Artois, Heinekin, Nippon, Sapporo, Corona, Dos Equis. and many, many more.
User avatar
woppy71
Posts: 5306
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:11 pm

What's YOUR favorite beer?

Post by woppy71 »

Odie;1294935 wrote: If I drink beer I prefer Labatts Blue, cold and in a frosted mug.


I used to drink this, but it was bottled. They used to serve at a local night club called Zoots :)
Behaviour breeds behaviour - treat people how you would like to be treated yourself
hoppy
Posts: 4561
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:58 am

What's YOUR favorite beer?

Post by hoppy »

Moosehead when I can afford it. A frosty mug of any brand goes well on hot, sunny days.:)
User avatar
Oldschoolguy
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:53 am

What's YOUR favorite beer?

Post by Oldschoolguy »

Rapunzel;1294894 wrote: You need to move to the UK and join CAMRA.

Your Pale Ale would be considered strong water over here! ;)

You could try a bottle of Pickled Santa, some Bishop's Tipple, Old Speckled Hen or Theakstons Old Peculier.

Home | Real Ale Hunter

Click on the 2nd tab of the link. Find an area rich in real ale and plan your holiday/vacation over here. If you like beer then you haven't lived until you've sampled (a wide variety of) real ale! ;) Hic! :-6


I have tried the Old Speckled Hen here in USA. It is very good but also very expensive. Old Pec I tried many years ago and again recently. Very good tasting beer.

We have many brew houses in the area. Terrapin, Yazoo, Olde Towne, just to name a few. Many great beers to choose from, so little time.
User avatar
Kathy Ellen
Posts: 10569
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:04 pm

What's YOUR favorite beer?

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I only drink beer on a hot, summer's day or when I go to my Irish pub. I love Smithwicks on tap. I also like all of Sam Adams beers and Heineken.
User avatar
Kathy Ellen
Posts: 10569
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:04 pm

What's YOUR favorite beer?

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Oldshoolguy;1294889 wrote: I have been trying quite a few new India Pale ales here lately. We are having quite the boom for specialty and craft beers here in my area.



I have been drinking beers from the Southeast USA area. Lotsa great ones.



I also am a member of an organization that is trying to change the archaic laws in the area. So far we have been succesful in changing the alcohol limits in beers distributed in the area. We can now have beers that contain over 6% ABV.



Next we are working on legalizing home brewing, which is currently against the law.



But, I digress.



So, what is your favorite beer of choice?


Home brewing...do you mean making the beer in your home for your own use or starting a microbrewery?
User avatar
Oldschoolguy
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:53 am

What's YOUR favorite beer?

Post by Oldschoolguy »

I am talking about brewing in your own home. Also, transporting beer for events such as tastings, competitons, etc. Right now all are illegal here. But, we do them on the sly anyhow...;)

Also, a store cannot sell a "kit" with all the neccesary ingredients for home brewing. They can, however, sell the ingredients separately to make beer. Queer, huh?

I really am aquiring a taste for the pale ales, espicially IPA's and Imperial stouts.

So many beers, so little time.

Cheers!!
User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

What's YOUR favorite beer?

Post by Odie »

woppy71;1294940 wrote: I used to drink this, but it was bottled. They used to serve at a local night club called Zoots :)


It's still in a bottle, nice to know you like Canadian beer!:guitarist
Life is just to short for drama.
User avatar
Kathy Ellen
Posts: 10569
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:04 pm

What's YOUR favorite beer?

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Geeze, I don't know if you can brew your own beer here in NJ, but you can buy the kits.



Good luck with changing the laws:D
User avatar
Oldschoolguy
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:53 am

What's YOUR favorite beer?

Post by Oldschoolguy »

Thanks KE! We have a bill pending on the homebrew law.
User avatar
Oldschoolguy
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:53 am

What's YOUR favorite beer?

Post by Oldschoolguy »

Check this mug out!!





This Chug Mug holds 55 ounces of beer and lets all your friends know whether you’re a disgrace to guys everywhere or a total badass. If you do hit the badass level, and can chug 55 ounces of beer, then and only then can you call yourself a guy. The Chug Mug costs $34.98.
User avatar
Snowfire
Posts: 4835
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:34 am

What's YOUR favorite beer?

Post by Snowfire »

LarsMac;1294923 wrote: My favorite beer has to be the Belgian Abbey Rochefort.

I spent a couple of months in Brussels and Ghent sampling the brews of Belgium. You cannot sample every brew made in Belgium in two months. Well, maybe you can, but don't try it if you have work to do.

When I got home, I thought New Belgium Brewing in Colorado had started making a decent light beer called 'Fat Tire'.


Belgian beer is amongst my favourite too. When we went to Bruges for the weekend, a few years ago, I couldnt get rid of the grin on my face. Wondeful stuff and such a great selection. Its usually quite strong, so those that make a pig of themselves often come unstuck

When I lived/worked in Ireland, as well as the Guinness, I would partake in the odd flagon of Smithwicks or ten.

Here, I favour John Smiths, a smooth bitter, or if lager then a Stella, Hurlimans, 1664 or Grolsch. Sorry but Fosters is pigs drizzle. I wouldnt wash my patio down with it.

Most supermarkets nowadays, do a great line in guest ales, such as Waggle Dance, Humdinger and the like. They are great and cater for many tastes
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
User avatar
LarsMac
Posts: 12933
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:11 pm
Location: Far Out, Man

What's YOUR favorite beer?

Post by LarsMac »

Snowfire;1298416 wrote: Belgian beer is amongst my favourite too. When we went to Bruges for the weekend, a few years ago, I couldnt get rid of the grin on my face. Wondeful stuff and such a great selection. Its usually quite strong, so those that make a pig of themselves often come unstuck

When I lived/worked in Ireland, as well as the Guinness, I would partake in the odd flagon of Smithwicks or ten.

Here, I favour John Smiths, a smooth bitter, or if lager then a Stella, Hurlimans, 1664 or Grolsch. Sorry but Fosters is pigs drizzle. I wouldnt wash my patio down with it.

Most supermarkets nowadays, do a great line in guest ales, such as Waggle Dance, Humdinger and the like. They are great and cater for many tastes


I don't understand the fascination with Stella.

I have always found it to suggest a pig with bad kidneys.

I tried it on several occasions, in several different countries, and never been able to finish a glass. I would rather drink sea water.

Most recently, while on Toronto, I found a nice Pilsner called Steam Whistle.
Control is an illusion. The Chaos is all part of the fun.
-Susan Hattie Steinsapir
User avatar
Snowfire
Posts: 4835
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:34 am

What's YOUR favorite beer?

Post by Snowfire »

LarsMac;1298420 wrote: I don't understand the fascination with Stella.

I have always found it to suggest a pig with bad kidneys.

I tried it on several occasions, in several different countries, and never been able to finish a glass. I would rather drink sea water.

Most recently, while on Toronto, I found a nice Pilsner called Steam Whistle.


Interestingly, its very popular here in the UK and in Bruges they refuse to sell Stella to the Brits, knowing our taste for it. I do understand why people dont like it. Its a lager that gives you a headache, unlike many other beers.

"Pig with bad kidneys" ? yeah that describes Fosters to me :wah:

I did try a local brew in Zimbabwe some years ago. Chibuku. It was advertised as a "drink and a food in one". Absolutely revolting. Very sour, very thick. The consistancy of gruel. But of course very cheap - in the mid 90's it was about 20p for a litre.....and tasted like it too. The alternatives of Bolinger, Castle, Lion beers were all quite acceptable
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
K.Snyder
Posts: 10253
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:05 pm

What's YOUR favorite beer?

Post by K.Snyder »

I'm looking for a good beer myself...

Most American beers are just not good. Bud Light has an ok taste to it but it gives me headaches.

I do like Tequila...
User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

What's YOUR favorite beer?

Post by Odie »

K.Snyder;1298464 wrote: I'm looking for a good beer myself...

Most American beers are just not good. Bud Light has an ok taste to it but it gives me headaches.

I do like Tequila...


You need a good Canadian beer.:D

try Molsons or Labatts

and please....have it ice cold, not warm.:lips:
Life is just to short for drama.
K.Snyder
Posts: 10253
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:05 pm

What's YOUR favorite beer?

Post by K.Snyder »

Odie;1298470 wrote: You need a good Canadian beer.:D

try Molsons or Labatts

and please....have it ice cold, not warm.:lips:


Well I think whether I'd prefer beer is warm or cold depends on the taste. I sure as hell don't like warm Bud Light as I'm sure I might not like cold English Ale. Am I wrong?
User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

What's YOUR favorite beer?

Post by Odie »

K.Snyder;1298482 wrote: Well I think whether I'd prefer beer is warm or cold depends on the taste. I sure as hell don't like warm Bud Light as I'm sure I might not like cold English Ale. Am I wrong?


god no, your not wrong, its whatever people enjoy.

I just can't imagine a warm beer, especially on a hot day.
Life is just to short for drama.
User avatar
LarsMac
Posts: 12933
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:11 pm
Location: Far Out, Man

What's YOUR favorite beer?

Post by LarsMac »

K.Snyder;1298482 wrote: Well I think whether I'd prefer beer is warm or cold depends on the taste. I sure as hell don't like warm Bud Light as I'm sure I might not like cold English Ale. Am I wrong?


You got that right, except the Bud Light. It doesn't taste very good cold, either. IMO
Control is an illusion. The Chaos is all part of the fun.
-Susan Hattie Steinsapir
User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

What's YOUR favorite beer?

Post by Odie »

LarsMac;1298485 wrote: You got that right, except the Bud Light. It doesn't taste very good cold, either. IMO


does any 'light' beer taste good?
Life is just to short for drama.
K.Snyder
Posts: 10253
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:05 pm

What's YOUR favorite beer?

Post by K.Snyder »

LarsMac;1298485 wrote: You got that right, except the Bud Light. It doesn't taste very good cold, either. IMO


It's more so acceptance than enjoyment as I'm looking for a good beer.

I suppose I'll try Labatts and see how that is because I've never seen Molsons...
User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

What's YOUR favorite beer?

Post by Odie »

K.Snyder;1298488 wrote: It's more so acceptance than enjoyment as I'm looking for a good beer.

I suppose I'll try Labatts and see how that is because I've never seen Molsons...




Labatts Blue is the best, let me know what you think Kev.
Life is just to short for drama.
User avatar
LarsMac
Posts: 12933
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:11 pm
Location: Far Out, Man

What's YOUR favorite beer?

Post by LarsMac »

K.Snyder;1298488 wrote: It's more so acceptance than enjoyment as I'm looking for a good beer.

I suppose I'll try Labatts and see how that is because I've never seen Molsons...


Don't drink it straight from the bottle.

Beer should be poured into a cold glass.

Pour it slowly and let a slight head build.

Real beer likes to have a head.

Then let the head settle just a little, take a whiff with your nose, and then try a mouthful. Savor the taste.

Then take a second mouthful. It is the second mouth that will really tell you how good the beer is.



Molsen's is a nice one. Lagers and Pilsners are meant to be drunk at a nice cold temp. Not quite freezing. Around 40 F is good.
Control is an illusion. The Chaos is all part of the fun.
-Susan Hattie Steinsapir
User avatar
minks
Posts: 26281
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:58 pm

What's YOUR favorite beer?

Post by minks »

LarsMac;1298493 wrote: Don't drink it straight from the bottle.

Beer should be poured into a cold glass.

Pour it slowly and let a slight head build.

Real beer likes to have a head.

Then let the head settle just a little, take a whiff with your nose, and then try a mouthful. Savor the taste.

Then take a second mouthful. It is the second mouth that will really tell you how good the beer is.



Molsen's is a nice one. Lagers and Pilsners are meant to be drunk at a nice cold temp. Not quite freezing. Around 40 F is good.


ooooo a good Canuck Pilsner is Steamwhistle, it takes a longer time to brew and is a very good easy beer to drink. I also like a cold Alexander Keiths, a very good pale ale again a good Canuck Beer. I like rickards red as well, Grasshopper which is brewed here locally in Calgary. I also enjoy a double chocolate stout at times as well as a good porter every now and then. Ok I like beers hmmmmm

Oh geeze warm beer yes Spot bought me one of those when I was over there visiting it was a bad bad joke if you ask me hmmmmm he knew we canucks like our beer ice cold ahahaha bad bad man.

Yes us here to in this province can't have do micro brewing either it is against the law. Pity as I love craft beer, I have to go west to the next province over for some fine craft beers.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
K.Snyder
Posts: 10253
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:05 pm

What's YOUR favorite beer?

Post by K.Snyder »

Odie;1298492 wrote: Labatts Blue is the best, let me know what you think Kev.


I will Sweety :yh_winks! :yh_kisses!
User avatar
Oldschoolguy
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:53 am

What's YOUR favorite beer?

Post by Oldschoolguy »

K.Snyder;1298464 wrote: I'm looking for a good beer myself...

Most American beers are just not good. Bud Light has an ok taste to it but it gives me headaches.




If you are in Ohio you should try any of the Great Lakes brand beers. They are brewed in Cleveland, Ohio. They have something for any taste and make some sensational beers. You may have to look at specialty beer stores. These won't be sold at your average service station or grocery store.

Great Lakes Brewing Company, Cleveland, Ohio



Enjoy!!!
K.Snyder
Posts: 10253
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:05 pm

What's YOUR favorite beer?

Post by K.Snyder »

Oldshoolguy;1298519 wrote: If you are in Ohio you should try any of the Great Lakes brand beers. They are brewed in Cleveland, Ohio. They have something for any taste and make some sensational beers. You may have to look at specialty beer stores. These won't be sold at your average service station or grocery store.

Great Lakes Brewing Company, Cleveland, Ohio



Enjoy!!!


Well thank you but based off of "specialty beer" I assume I'll have to pay almost double the price...

Will try it out though thanks... :yh_wink
User avatar
LarsMac
Posts: 12933
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:11 pm
Location: Far Out, Man

What's YOUR favorite beer?

Post by LarsMac »

K.Snyder;1298804 wrote: Well thank you but based off of "specialty beer" I assume I'll have to pay almost double the price...

Will try it out though thanks... :yh_wink


If you like the taste of beer, try the "specialty beers" if all you drink beer for is to obtain the affects of alcohol in your system, go with the cheap stuff.

The higher priced beers taste better and you don't drink them as fast, and you don't drink as many. So you probably spend about the same amount of money for a given period of time.
Control is an illusion. The Chaos is all part of the fun.
-Susan Hattie Steinsapir
K.Snyder
Posts: 10253
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:05 pm

What's YOUR favorite beer?

Post by K.Snyder »

LarsMac;1298807 wrote: If you like the taste of beer, try the "specialty beers" if all you drink beer for is to obtain the affects of alcohol in your system, go with the cheap stuff.

The higher priced beers taste better and you don't drink them as fast, and you don't drink as many. So you probably spend about the same amount of money for a given period of time.


Well I do like the effects of alcohol but I only drink maybe once a month...Well, when I can afford it regularly I'll probably drink twice a month every other weekend and maybe another on occasion.

I'll have a look... :yh_wink

I suppose the moral of it all is that I'll have a look at others before I pay double the beer twice a month because that would equate to drinking every weekend of my life monetarily speaking.
User avatar
Wolverine
Posts: 4947
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:09 pm

What's YOUR favorite beer?

Post by Wolverine »

favorite beer...

i love Boulevard Wheat out of the tap. i find it nearly undrinkable from the bottle.

Landshark is another good one. which is odd, because i don't particularly like Corona.

but if all else fails, i go with a Miller Lite draft.


Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

mikeinie
Posts: 3130
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:43 am

What's YOUR favorite beer?

Post by mikeinie »

It has to be Molson Canadian,

But I can’t get that here, so I go for the Guinness or Heineken
User avatar
Odie
Posts: 33482
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 pm

What's YOUR favorite beer?

Post by Odie »

mikeinie;1309620 wrote: It has to be Molson Canadian,

But I can’t get that here, so I go for the Guinness or Heineken


You'll just have to visit here again to get some Molson Canadian;)
Life is just to short for drama.
User avatar
Oldschoolguy
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:53 am

What's YOUR favorite beer?

Post by Oldschoolguy »

I was recently in Ohio and picked up a nice 12 pack of Great Lakes beers. The 12 pack was three each of four of the Great Lakes beers. A very nice and inexpensive way to try some really tasty beers.

Burning River Pale Ale

Dortmunder Golden Lager

Commodore Perry IPA

Eliot Ness Lager

12 beers for around 20 bucks. Pretty good price for some great beers.

User avatar
G#Gill
Posts: 14751
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:09 pm

What's YOUR favorite beer?

Post by G#Gill »

Hi OSG, where've you been ? Unfortunately I don't like beer, except as a shandy with lemonade. Then in the summer on a hot day, a shandy is really thirst quenching especially when it is very cold ! :-6 :D
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
User avatar
Oldschoolguy
Posts: 83
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:53 am

What's YOUR favorite beer?

Post by Oldschoolguy »

Hey G#, Just been hanging around. Did some vacationing.

BTW, what is a "shandy"?
rissa
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:24 am

What's YOUR favorite beer?

Post by rissa »

My fave is ale,

Newcastle Brown Ale,

Bishops Finger,

lovely when ice cold.

My ultimate fave is Rum.(love it.)
User avatar
G#Gill
Posts: 14751
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:09 pm

What's YOUR favorite beer?

Post by G#Gill »

Oldschoolguy;1310404 wrote: Hey G#, Just been hanging around. Did some vacationing.

BTW, what is a "shandy"?


Hi OSG, hope you enjoyed your break! I wondered where you had gone :D

A shandy is a half and half mixture of beer or lager and sparkling (fizzy) lemonade, and is very thirst quenching in hot weather! ;) :D
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
User avatar
Bill Sikes
Posts: 5515
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:21 am

What's YOUR favorite beer?

Post by Bill Sikes »

Oldschoolguy;1294889 wrote: (snip) I also am a member of an organization that is trying to change the archaic laws in the area. So far we have been succesful in changing the alcohol limits in beers distributed in the area. We can now have beers that contain over 6% ABV.

Next we are working on legalizing home brewing, which is currently against the law.[/IMG]


Oooh, you subversive so-and-so. I wish you the very best of luck.

It is hard to say what's a favourite beer, since they tend to vary at the point of consumption (where lifted mug meets lip). Sometimes an average beer can be *great*, and must be immediately drunk in large quantities; sometimes a favourite is ill-kept and disappointing, so it's a good excuse to complain & try whatever else is available.
User avatar
Bill Sikes
Posts: 5515
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:21 am

What's YOUR favorite beer?

Post by Bill Sikes »

G#Gill;1314318 wrote: A shandy is a half and half mixture of beer or lager and sparkling (fizzy) lemonade, and is very thirst quenching in hot weather! ; ) : D


A shandy is beer and lemonade. Lager *is* beer. A shandy is a shandy. Made with "beer X" it's a "Beer X shandy". Made with lager it's "A lager shandy, please". You can also make a sort of shandy with beer and ginger beer, although this is not called shandy, it's called something similar. Do you know what it is? Hands up who does, without looking it up (be *honest*!).

HTH.
User avatar
Bill Sikes
Posts: 5515
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:21 am

What's YOUR favorite beer?

Post by Bill Sikes »

rissa;1314316 wrote: My fave is ale,


Technically ale is beer made without hops - as it was in days of yore, before the strangely palatable bitter taste had been imported to Britain (from the continent). Ale is sweetish and rather cloying on the palate.



rissa;1314316 wrote: Newcastle Brown Ale


Eurgh. That tastes like proper beer that has been boiled, then fizzed up.



rissa;1314316 wrote: Bishops Finger, lovely when ice cold.


You, sir, are a philistine.



rissa;1314316 wrote: My ultimate fave is Rum.(love it.)


That isn't actually beer, though.
User avatar
chonsigirl
Posts: 33631
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:28 am

What's YOUR favorite beer?

Post by chonsigirl »

Root beer floats. :-6
User avatar
Bill Sikes
Posts: 5515
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:21 am

What's YOUR favorite beer?

Post by Bill Sikes »

chonsigirl;1314333 wrote: Root beer floats. :-6


Erm.... fishing?
User avatar
chonsigirl
Posts: 33631
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:28 am

What's YOUR favorite beer?

Post by chonsigirl »

Well, if you're asking me if I want one, yeah.



Otherwise, here's to the Mesopotamians and their brewskies.

Filtration of Beer and Spirits | The Wild Drink Blog

Attached files

Return to “Pub Nutters Inn”