Help with iPod

Bez

Help with iPod

Post by Bez »

I want to get an iPod nano and my son is going to pay towards it for Christmas.....luv'im....

On the Apple website it sais under 'PC Requirements' that you need windows 2000 or Windows XP. I have Windows '98 ....any experiences or info. would be gratefully received...they're not cheap and I can't afford to waste the money.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
minks

Help with iPod

Post by minks »

Bez wrote: I want to get an iPod nano and my son is going to pay towards it for Christmas.....luv'im....

On the Apple website it sais under 'PC Requirements' that you need windows 2000 or Windows XP. I have Windows '98 ....any experiences or info. would be gratefully received...they're not cheap and I can't afford to waste the money.

does it have to be an ipod?
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Bez

Help with iPod

Post by Bez »

minks wrote: does it have to be an ipod?

Because he is a graphic designer, he deals direct with Apple....so I guess the answer is probably yes...but maybe I may have to look elsewhere....what do you suggest ?? I DO eventually want to get a BOSE docking station.
minks

Help with iPod

Post by minks »

Bez wrote: Because he is a graphic designer, he deals direct with Apple....so I guess the answer is probably yes...but maybe I may have to look elsewhere....what do you suggest ?? I DO eventually want to get a BOSE docking station.

Oh well if it is that specific yes to Ipod then. I was just thinking if you wanted it only for MP2 downloads there are way cheaper contraptions out there. I dunno about the requirements I would think for it to be working to it's fullest the min requirements should be met. Your electronics place of purchase ought to know the answer.

― Mae West
Bez

Help with iPod

Post by Bez »

Thanks Minks...i'll take a look on the internet.
minks

Help with iPod

Post by minks »

Bez wrote: Thanks Minks...i'll take a look on the internet.
that could work too I am not to adept at this stuff :(

― Mae West
Jives

Help with iPod

Post by Jives »

If you want to use an iPod with a Windows 98 machine, I recommend downloading iTunes software for your machine. It's free, I think, and it's a great media player.

All my CDs are coded in .wma format, so I use Windows Media player and I'm hoping to get a Creative MP3 player for Christmas. They are "Windows Plays For Sure" set up at the factory.

Look for the little blue triangle with those words
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
lady cop

Help with iPod

Post by lady cop »

gawd Bez, whenever i see ipod in the thread title i want to delete it! :rolleyes:
minks

Help with iPod

Post by minks »

lady cop wrote: gawd Bez, whenever i see ipod in the thread title i want to delete it! :rolleyes:

Buy and ipod spend an iwad

― Mae West
Bez

Help with iPod

Post by Bez »

Jives wrote: If you want to use an iPod with a Windows 98 machine, I recommend downloading iTunes software for your machine. It's free, I think, and it's a great media player.

All my CDs are coded in .wma format, so I use Windows Media player and I'm hoping to get a Creative MP3 player for Christmas. They are "Windows Plays For Sure" set up at the factory.

Look for the little blue triangle with those words

Thanks Jives...that's great info.

LC...my son is a real Applemac 'snob'.....he thinks my Packard Bell PC is trashy....he forgets his poor old Mum is not so well off as he is ...bless him...
jennyswan

Help with iPod

Post by jennyswan »

downloading iTunes software for your machine

Hi

The latest version from iTunes wont run on 98. Nano runs best with the latest version.
jennyswan

Help with iPod

Post by jennyswan »

iPod nano Requirements:

* Macintosh or Windows PC with a USB port (USB 2.0 recommended)

* Mac OS X 10.3.4 or later

* Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 or Windows XP Service Pack 2 or later

* iTunes 4.9 or later

* iPhoto 4.0.3 or later recommended for Macintosh

* Adobe Photoshop Album 2.0 or Elements 3.0 or later recommended for Windows
abbey

Help with iPod

Post by abbey »

Bez, you could always change your windows to XP, i bought one for my nephews GF and she's over the moon.

On another note, i got my TomTom sat-nav and you're right, it's the dogs!

I'm loving it x
Bez

Help with iPod

Post by Bez »

abbey wrote: Bez, you could always change your windows to XP, i bought one for my nephews GF and she's over the moon.

On another note, i got my TomTom sat-nav and you're right, it's the dogs!

I'm loving it x

Glad you're pleased with Tom Tom. Because my husbands driving for a living at the moment, I downloaded the 'Safety Camera' extra. Cost about £46 but he reckons it has saved him hundreds of £££s in fines and possibly his licensed.

Sadly I haven't been able to use my iPod because of the Windows 98 thing. My computer is a bit of a dinosaur (7 years old) and has already been loaded with extra memory etc. so I'm going to see what PC world have to offer in their sales after Christmas. I'll only be earning 'proper money' for another 10 months so now's the time to upgrade. If PCW haven't got anything, I might take a look at DELL. xxx
Peter Benders

Help with iPod

Post by Peter Benders »

i have a question .. can the software for creative zen be obtained through any website? i have a creative zen which my cousin gave me but the problem is he has lost the cd that they give with it.. so now i cannot copy music files to it.. pls help .. thanks

Return to “Electronic Gadgets Galore”