Our new remote control

Marie5656

Our new remote control

Post by Marie5656 »

A week ago Rick bought us a new Universal remote. It is manufactured by Logitec..and cost $90.00. It is supposedly able to work up to 12 different devices, including lights, I think.

I had to go into the computer and program the thing through the website. I have to put each individual piece of electronics in and then "teach" the new remote each of the commands. Which means hooking the new remote to the computer with a USB cord...and then holding the old remote up to the new remote so it can learn.

It is hard..and so far I have just programed the TV and the TiVo. We still have another sattelite reciever, two DVRs, and a stereo reciever...and a small TV which Rick has next to his chair, to monitor things he is recording. :-5

I have so far only had one mini meltdown when I could not teach the remote to turn the TV on and off. It did everything else just fine!!
Nomad

Our new remote control

Post by Nomad »

Ive seen these Marie, they look great. Are you loving the new tv ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
Marie5656

Our new remote control

Post by Marie5656 »

The TV is pretty cool, Nomad....and the remote...gawd, just when I think I have the programing down, it dosen't do what I think I programed in. You have to understand, Rick is an electronics addict..if it is new, we have it..DVR, projector, everything. And guess who gets to program them all into the remotre?

You can even program activities..so it will do a sequence of things at once. Like..if you program the activity "watch TiVo..it is supposed to turn on the TV and the tivo box at the same time with the click of one button.. In theory at least...I cannot get the dang thing to do it. :-5
guppy

Our new remote control

Post by guppy »

i got one of those remotes one time, i ended up teaching it how to swim.....in the pool...end of problem.....:D
buttercup

Our new remote control

Post by buttercup »

Rick buys it, Rick plays with it, how come you have to do all the hard stuff :-2

Time to have a word with that man of yours Marie ;)
Marie5656

Our new remote control

Post by Marie5656 »

buttercup;507958 wrote: Rick buys it, Rick plays with it, how come you have to do all the hard stuff :-2

Time to have a word with that man of yours Marie ;)

:D Here is the thing...he has a good head for setting up his electronic media....but put him in front of a computer and he is :-5 . You have to go online to program the remote..thus..me.
Richard Bell

Our new remote control

Post by Richard Bell »

Marie5656;503169 wrote: A week ago Rick bought us a new Universal remote. It is manufactured by Logitec..and cost $90.00.

That's a lot of money.

I bought one for my mom yesterday; a no name, 8 device unit from the discount store - $6.99.

You simply look up the four digit code for your equipment in the supplied list, and enter it via the keypad.

Return to “Electronic Gadgets Galore”