What electronic device do you rely on?

Hawke

Post by Hawke »

This forum needs a topic , so I'm positing this question to you folks:

What electronic device do you rely most on in your life? The television, the radio, the computer, the microwave...which device could you not live without?
Paula

Post by Paula »

Curling stick, Internet Computer, AM Radio....My Nextel Telephone. is that good?
Everyone has these on their face? TULIPS.
Paula

Post by Paula »

TV. Remote Control...Car Keys...
Erinna1112

Post by Erinna1112 »

No question, the computer. I do EVERYTHING online, almost. I bank, shop, work, and go to school online....if I suddenly didn't have one, I'd be stressing, for sure.

My phone is a close second. I use it for an alarm clock as well.

I've lived without a microwave since I moved into the house I'm in now (mid May '04). I'm thinking about getting one; I'm sure I would remember why I like them if I did.

I only just bought a DVD player for the first time (I know, I'm so Stone Age). I like it. Still got the VCR, though. Got too many movies on VHS that the kidlet likes to give that up.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I swear by my life - and my love of it - that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. ~Ayn Rand

If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

A*M*E*N!
abbey

Post by abbey »

Well.. as i don't see as much of Ian as i'd like, i definately could'nt do without my.......no better not go there!!! ;) ;)
Hawke

Post by Hawke »

Abbey:

Tmi!!! Tmi!!!
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

abbey wrote: Well.. as i don't see as much of Ian as i'd like, i definately could'nt do without my.......no better not go there!!!

Ah - telephone. That's it.
Lon

Post by Lon »

My laptop, without question. Living for six months in two countries, my laptop enables me to transfer funds, receive and pay any bills, send gifts, buy and sell investments, listen to U.S. radio, stay abreast of news, watch rented DVD's, listen to music & oh yeah, email and forum discussions.
Paula

Post by Paula »

Pace-Maker....how about TOys? Pet electronic Fencing?
Cass

Post by Cass »

vibrator :wah:
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

>>^..^ vibrator :wah:
Cassie, I swear....when I saw that you had replied to this post I KNEW that the word vibrator would be in your reply. Just knew it... :yh_rotfl

As for me, I would have to say my cell phone. Of course, not being able to come to the garden and read Cassie's stuff would make my day so much less interesting!! So my computer is a very close second!
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

Telephone.
Paula

Post by Paula »

>>^..^ vibrator :wah:

Is it Remote Control? or does yours have batteries? How do you charge yours, if you don't mine me asking?
Peg

Post by Peg »

Fyrehawke wrote: This forum needs a topic , so I'm positing this question to you folks:

What electronic device do you rely most on in your life? The television, the radio, the computer, the microwave...which device could you not live without?

Refridgerator, washing machine, dryer, and computer.
Cass

Post by Cass »

Paula wrote: Is it Remote Control? or does yours have batteries? How do you charge yours, if you don't mine me asking?
Well lets just say this is the battery for it

Seriously, the one thing I really love is my dishwasher. I did not have one until I was 37 years old! I washed & dried dishes by hand for years and years ~ I didn't even know how to used one...... so I must say now I feel complete joy to load that baby up and just press a button :D it's magic.
minks

Post by minks »

>>^..^ Well lets just say this is the battery for it

Seriously, the one thing I really love is my dishwasher. I did not have one until I was 37 years old! I washed & dried dishes by hand for years and years ~ I didn't even know how to used one...... so I must say now I feel complete joy to load that baby up and just press a button :D it's magic.

your a riot girl hehehehe

ok beyond the obvious... washing machines, fridges, etc.... my cell phone indeed, it is the life line between my daughter and I. If i could implant GPS into her then I would not have to be such a stress case over her. (this is the kid with ADHD)
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

:D I would say the Computer.!! It has changed the ways of the world beyond anyone's expectations. ;)

The COMPUTER has paved the way for so many other electronic devices..!! We rely on it for effortless communications around the world daily.

The TEC world is changing to fast you can barely keep up with it.. MAKES YOUR HEAD SPIN.. I remember working on the first IBM PC that came out. It was heavy, not very pretty, and there was no storage period.. all done on the huge floppies.. It has come so far...!!

http://www.OQO.COM For all you travelers with laptops check this baby out...!!! I WANT ONE.. POWERFUL..!!

BEAM ME UP SCOTTY IS NEXT ON THE HORIZON..!! :cool:
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

anastrophe

Post by anastrophe »

Treo 650. essentially, i carry my entire office in my shirt pocket.

http://www.palmone.com/us/products/smar ... hotos.html
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
Paula

Post by Paula »

Nextel 2-Way. Curling Iron. :p
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

CARLA! i need two of those babies!! WOW! COOL! how much $$$??
persephone

Post by persephone »

My mobile and my laptop, I could live with out a TV
Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

:-2 LADYCOP,

THE OQO STARTS AT ABOUT $2,300.00 AND UP.. I found this baby at work on day before they even had it ready for poduction, or had a price set. ;)

IT HAS LOTS OF BELLS AND WHISTLES..!! :D
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

persephone

Post by persephone »

The kettle... Must have coffee and tea
Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.
Bez

Post by Bez »

Last week I bought a Sat Nav system because everytime I go to my brothers for the weekend I get lost within the last 3 miles of the journey, and my other half has just started a lorry driving job so I thought it might help him too. Well...for the first time i got to my brothers in record time without any 'unplanned diversions'

It is dead easy to programme and I will definitely feel more confident when i go out and about.

After a lot of shopping around i bought a TOM TOM 300. Anyone else had experience of Sat Nav systems and what do you think ?
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

The computer-it is faster to type with, internet access. But I could easily write the old way if needed. I live without TV all the time, never watch it except to listen to news and weather while doing chores.

But Ido need my little 'frig at school, to hold my diet cokes for the day..........
Bez

Post by Bez »

chonsigirl wrote: The computer-it is faster to type with, internet access. But I could easily write the old way if needed. I live without TV all the time, never watch it except to listen to news and weather while doing chores.

But Ido need my little 'frig at school, to hold my diet cokes for the day..........

I hardly ever watch the TV...love the radio though.

I couldn't live without my computer...number 1 for fun, work, communication
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

My electric alarm clock to get me up in the morning so I won't be late for work.

The enclosed pic is not electric....................but...........so what....................:sneaky:
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
CountryDweller

Post by CountryDweller »

My coffee pot and computer.:yh_worshp
abbey

Post by abbey »

chonsigirl wrote: .

But Ido need my little 'frig at school, to hold my diet cokes for the day..........That's a typo right!! :-2
abbey

Post by abbey »

Bez wrote: Last week I bought a Sat Nav system because everytime I go to my brothers for the weekend I get lost within the last 3 miles of the journey, and my other half has just started a lorry driving job so I thought it might help him too. Well...for the first time i got to my brothers in record time without any 'unplanned diversions'

It is dead easy to programme and I will definitely feel more confident when i go out and about.

After a lot of shopping around i bought a TOM TOM 300. Anyone else had experience of Sat Nav systems and what do you think ?Ian has sat-nav in his car, and although its bloody marvelous it is so irritating, that womans voice drives me crazy (assuming all sat navs have the same voice)

I've got a memory like a sieve so my nephew is going to buy me one as a combined birthday & xmas present and i cant wait. :driving:
Bez

Post by Bez »

abbey wrote: Ian has sat-nav in his car, and although its bloody marvelous it is so irritating, that womans voice drives me crazy (assuming all sat navs have the same voice)

I've got a memory like a sieve so my nephew is going to buy me one as a combined birthday & xmas present and i cant wait. :driving:

You an change the voice option from Male / Female. I chose the female option for obvious reasons. When my hubbie uses it , it will really hack him off...he doesn't know how to change it....he he he
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

Oh Sat nav huh. We only just recently got that too, and have to say I'm pretty impressed. Oh and your right about the voices, they are VERY irritating.

Oh and in reply to the thread, I'd miss this lovely computer that I am currently using to chat to all u lovely people with :-4
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

Good lord if the TV/remote control broke down my husband would have a nervous breakdown followed i think by the kettle and fridge. i on the other hand couldnt live without my hair dryer.
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
Bez

Post by Bez »

Know what you mean about the remote....heaven forbid they have to get out of the chair and press some buttons.
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

I did ask him once what he would do should he lose his beloved remote control and he said - thats why ive trained you - maybe i`ll go hide the batteries .....
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
Bez

Post by Bez »

I've used my brand new SAT NAV twice this week and haven't got lost....definitely my reliable friend at the moment.
Peter Benders

Post by Peter Benders »

obviously it has to be my computer.. i only use it for gaming purposes and browsing.. but the thing is i cant stop those two things:D
Peter Benders

Post by Peter Benders »

My computer, i feel handicapped without it.
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

TV, computer. I refuse to own a cell phone.
Barman

Post by Barman »

Tom Tom with the voice of Homer Simpson, lost without it now.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

My IPHONE there isn't anything I can't do on it basically a SMALL LAPTOP that I make calls on. :-4
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

Nomad

Post by Nomad »

I AM AWESOME MAN
EdisonCheug

Post by EdisonCheug »

to be a bit exaggerated, a laptop and a Mp3 player are enough for me. lol. lol.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Laptop, handy little gadget.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Oh, I couldn't live without my laptop, desktop, tv, and stereo.

Return to “Electronic Gadgets Galore”