Freesat ?

Bez

Freesat ?

Post by Bez »

I have got Freeview built in to my TV but the Tv is going on 'the blink'. I went to look at some new TVs in Currys but I don't think they have freeview built in....well not the ones that I can afford anyway.

I notice that there is a sky service called Freesat for a one off payment of £150. For this you get 120 free to air channels and 80 radio stations. After 3 years you have to pay £20 for a new card. I have a satellite dish but no receiver but this comes with the £150 payment + the dish and installation.

I wondered if anyone else has this. I used to subsrcibe to sky but I can't afford monthly subscrptions and thought this was a good alternative......any thoughts or experiences ???
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
dubs

Freesat ?

Post by dubs »

Bez;677359 wrote: I have got Freeview built in to my TV but the Tv is going on 'the blink'. I went to look at some new TVs in Currys but I don't think they have freeview built in....well not the ones that I can afford anyway.

I notice that there is a sky service called Freesat for a one off payment of £150. For this you get 120 free to air channels and 80 radio stations. After 3 years you have to pay £20 for a new card. I have a satellite dish but no receiver but this comes with the £150 payment + the dish and installation.

I wondered if anyone else has this. I used to subsrcibe to sky but I can't afford monthly subscrptions and thought this was a good alternative......any thoughts or experiences ???

If you have a dish already Bez, just get a skybox from any of the cheap electrical sites, or ebay. You can get the cards from sky or ebay, you'll be able to get everything you get now on Freeview, plus probably a few more channels. :D

My dog's a cross between a Shihtzu and a Bulldog... It's a Bullsh!t..
Betty Boop

Freesat ?

Post by Betty Boop »

I get freeview through my skybox, don't pay any monthly subscriptions, but you don't get E4 for some strange reason :confused::(
Bez

Freesat ?

Post by Bez »

Betty Boop;677375 wrote: I get freeview through my skybox, don't pay any monthly subscriptions, but you don't get E4 for some strange reason :confused::(

Hi Betty....I guess that's what this is except you get more channels with a dish than with an aerial.....

How you doin' by the way. Is the weather nice in gorgeous Cornwall ?
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Carl44

Freesat ?

Post by Carl44 »

i,m not feesat but i'm not doing much on tuesday if thats any good :D:D
Betty Boop

Freesat ?

Post by Betty Boop »

Bez;677386 wrote: Hi Betty....I guess that's what this is except you get more channels with a dish than with an aerial.....

How you doin' by the way. Is the weather nice in gorgeous Cornwall ?

The weather has been glorious! Got a nice tan building up. I'm good have had a housefull all week, there were nine here first thing this morning, six have headed off back home and my two have not long gone to their Dads, so I'm sitting here a bit lost at the mo! :wah:
Betty Boop

Freesat ?

Post by Betty Boop »

jimbo;677395 wrote: i,m not feesat but i'm not doing much on tuesday if thats any good :D:D

:wah::wah:

Return to “Electronic Gadgets Galore”