Cell Phone Companies.

RedGlitter

Cell Phone Companies.

Post by RedGlitter »

T-mobile which has Cingular. I'm happy with them. No problems as of yet.
minks

Cell Phone Companies.

Post by minks »

Rogers which converts to Cingular and AT&T
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
sunny104

Cell Phone Companies.

Post by sunny104 »

we've been with Sprint for years! Very happy with them. Now it's our only phone service, we decided not to have a landline anymore almost a year ago.
WonderWendy3

Cell Phone Companies.

Post by WonderWendy3 »

I have nextel and Sprint took them over too....not crazy about the service, I'm just too lazy to get another account and phones....cell phones are a real sore subject with me right now!!:mad:

I pay for other people to have them...and ummmm well....anyway its my own fault:o:-5:-5
YZGI

Cell Phone Companies.

Post by YZGI »

Verizon. Have the family plan with all my kids on and daughter in-law. It has been good for years, no complaints.
Kathy Ellen

Cell Phone Companies.

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Sorry, I know we had a bit of this discussion before.....

Sorry to say that I really dislike AT&T. I had them for my long distances calls and then called to let them know that I would no longer need their service as I was going to switch my service to my cable company. At the time I had 2 lines coming into my home....one for my base phone & one for my computer dial up.

All bills were taken care with AT&T and my service ended. Then I heard from them a year later telling me that somehow they forgot to send me a bill and started charging me $15. I spent 2 months calling, writing and then threatening to sic my attorney on them. That's when the bills stopped coming to my home.

Now that AT&T has taken over Cingular, my cell-phone company, I am in great fear that this nonsense will start again when I stop my service. My contract with Cingular ends in March. Thank goodness. I'd like to stop it now but don't want to pay $150 to end contract and then pay for another good phone. I still have a plan for $20 a month....it's grandfathered.

This company gives me the creeps.
Carl44

Cell Phone Companies.

Post by Carl44 »

i'm still doing the two tin cans and the length of twine thingy :-3:-3
minks

Cell Phone Companies.

Post by minks »

jimbo;687114 wrote: i'm still doing the two tin cans and the length of twine thingy :-3:-3

a step up from smoke signals eh :wah:
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
sunny104

Cell Phone Companies.

Post by sunny104 »

Carl44;687114 wrote: i'm still doing the two tin cans and the length of twine thingy :-3:-3

minks;687141 wrote: a step up from smoke signals eh :wah:

is jimbo now carl or am I hallucinating?? :-3
YZGI

Cell Phone Companies.

Post by YZGI »

sunny104;687554 wrote: is jimbo now carl or am I hallucinating?? :-3
Okay, now that is strange. Have we both just eaten a tainted Dorito?:cool:
Nomad

Cell Phone Companies.

Post by Nomad »

Im cell phone free.

No one can find me now. :)
I AM AWESOME MAN
changinglanes

Cell Phone Companies.

Post by changinglanes »

I started with Nextel for 5 yrs then opted out after my contract was up. I signed with Cingular and liked them until AT&T took over. My bill was suppose to be $50 a month but all I ever received was bills over $125 no matter what I did. So I gladly paid the $175 and went to T-Mobile. I get 4xs as much for $60 a month.

At&T unlocked my Razar VG3 so I can use it now with my T-Mobile Sim Card.

My daughter has Sprint and it is a nightmare for her. My husband's company pays for his AT&T so it doesn't matter to us on that one.

T-Mobile's customer service is great but BEWARE of those companies stationed in the isles of the MAlls. They will say anything to get you to get you to switch. I am also switching landlines from AT&T to my cable company phone service. They are giving it to me for free for 1 year and you get everything at no added cost.

Always ask to speak to someone in the retention department when dealing with cable companies and land line phone companies and ISP's. You can get great deals at a lower cost without losing anything.
CARLA

Cell Phone Companies.

Post by CARLA »

Been VERIZON forever so far so good. :D
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

weeder

Cell Phone Companies.

Post by weeder »

Ive been a Cingular customer for about 5 years. I am very unhappy that At&T

bought them out. I loathe AT&T and really resent having no choice in the matter. Before that it was Cellular One for many years, Grew to hate that company. They gouged my eyes out over the years with &&&& At&T will find any way possible to rape you for money. My contract is over in May, and I am going to investigate Verizon. Id really like to smash my cell phone with a hammer... but its to late. Im hooked on being connected at all times, shameful as that is to admit.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
WonderWendy3

Cell Phone Companies.

Post by WonderWendy3 »

I'm glad this thread was bumped up....I'm trying to decide on which company to switch to in March. I am down to 2 phones (was 3) on my account with Nextel and I'm free and clear as of March of any contracts. I am seriously considering Sprint, since they aren't the same as nextel, but they are connected in some way....they will give me $150.00 off any phone because I'm a past customer of Nextel, but is that really a good deal? I have to sign up with another contract....so stuck again.

I am seriously thinking of buying a trac phone and be done wif it! I am like weeder, would like to take a hammer to it, but I do like the kids to reach me if they need to.

I ran into an old friend the other day and he saw my cell phone and he cracked up, he remembers when I first got the phone over 3 years ago...I have the yellow and black 'bumble-bee" phone from nextel, that is as old as Moses...it has the green screen and has hardly NO features, but hey ....it works!!!:o
weeder

Cell Phone Companies.

Post by weeder »

I have a great long distance company on my land phone. DCC communications, or Global Crossing. I stumbled across them years ago. 5 cents a minute. 6 or 7 cents for me to call England. Way back when we were planning the trip to England, I called Theia one morning. We were on the phone quite a while. But at 6 cents a minute I didnt care. Thats 3.60 fo an hour. Anyway I get the bill. 179,00 for the call to England. The explanation was " AT&T PICKED UP THE CALL" they will randomly do that. I did get the charge removed, but I had to fight tooth and nail to do it. Phone calls and letters. Cingulars great feature was the roll over minutes. Your bill was always the same. Accumulated unused minutes were always applied from previous months to your bill. At one point I had 11,000 roll over minutes.

I dont understand how we sign a contract which we are held to with great penaltys for breaking. And yet, another company who I do not wamt.can just take my contract. In the event of a buy out, customers should be given the option to terminate their contracts. It seems a little fishy and illegal to me.
Accountable

Cell Phone Companies.

Post by Accountable »

T-Mobile for me. No landline at all. I'm thinking about switching to Pocket since it's cheaper and no minutes limits.

Anybody use them?
weeder

Cell Phone Companies.

Post by weeder »

What is pocket? I have to have a land phone for DSL. I never answer it though.
Accountable

Cell Phone Companies.

Post by Accountable »

weeder;760443 wrote: What is pocket? I have to have a land phone for DSL. I never answer it though.
http://www.pocket.com/

I don't know how widely it's available & haven't checked on their customer service quality. I only know they're cheap. :)
Chezzie

Cell Phone Companies.

Post by Chezzie »

I have BT for my land line (need landline for broad band, no cable here)

I use O2 for my mobile.........I couldnt manage without my mobby now:thinking:
Peg

Cell Phone Companies.

Post by Peg »

WonderWendy3;760376 wrote:

I am seriously thinking of buying a trac phone and be done wif it!

I have many tracfones and used them for many years now. They used to be wonderful. Now, sadly, I wouldn't recommend them at all. I bought my daughter a tracfone picture phone for Christmas. It wouldn't work. I called. They told me the SIM card wasn't good for this area and they'd send a new one. I gave them all the information, spelled everything out for them, etc. A week and half later, I call to see why we didn't get. They said there was "a problem" and they'd resend it. A week later, still no card. I call again. They promise to resend it, again. A week later when I call and ask for a supervisor, I find out we need no new card, the other cards were sent to addresses no where near us, and they refused to give us any extra minutes for a Christmas gift she couldn't use for so long. :-5
Kathy Ellen

Cell Phone Companies.

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Thinking about changing to Verizon in March when my contract is over with AT&T.

Does anyone like Verizon? Sorry, haven't had a chance to read through posts if you've already answered this.
weeder

Cell Phone Companies.

Post by weeder »

Pocket doesnt serve Virginia
Accountable

Cell Phone Companies.

Post by Accountable »

weeder;760821 wrote: Pocket doesnt serve Virginia
Yeh, sorry. I should've checked before recommending them. They'd be perfect for somebody in the local area that doesn't go out of town.
chonsigirl

Cell Phone Companies.

Post by chonsigirl »

Cingular changed to AT&T, it is still pretty good, I know I changed from Verizon but don't know what they are like now. I still have a good price for unlimited long distance, which is what the phones secondary use are. I never use the regular phone at home.
Peter Benders

Cell Phone Companies.

Post by Peter Benders »

i have a sony ericsson mobile phone.. its not a touchscreen or something but its a decent phone for me ..its awesome and works well

Return to “Electronic Gadgets Galore”