It's not just a hook anymore

Accountable

Post by Accountable »

It's a damn shame we need to invent such technology, but we're incredibly lucky to have minds that can conceive it.

spot

Post by spot »

He's one of the good guys, yes. The discussion under the clip has some relevant points though. When do we get the roll-out from the lab? Is there funding to put even 1612 of these into the general environment, much less the 50,000 to 100,000 in the wider US population and then into the world at large? The comment that only "half of people with limb absence in the US ... use prostheses at all" probably carries a financial implication. Of those, "90 per cent choose body-powered designs" is qualified by "admittedly, often the insurance company makes the choice" which emphasises the funding limitation.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

[quote=spot;723592]He's one of the good guys, yes. The discussion under the clip has some relevant points though. When do we get the roll-out from the lab?

Next Thursday.

Is there funding to put even 1612 of these into the general environment, much less the 50,000 to 100,000 in the wider US population and then into the world at large?

Yes of course there is. Stop being silly.

The comment that only "half of people with limb absence in the US ... use prostheses at all" probably carries a financial implication. Of those, "90 per cent choose body-powered designs" is qualified by "admittedly, often the insurance company makes the choice" which emphasises the funding limitation.[/quote]

Whats your real question here spock ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
spot

Post by spot »

Nomad;724567 wrote: Whats your real question here spock ?Get back in your teapot, dozy.

Actually... where did my final apostrophe disappear?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

The Apostrothief has struck again. :-3
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

spot;724616 wrote: Get back in your teapot, dozy.

Actually... where did my final apostrophe disappear?

Apostrophe's last post was Mar 17 of this year.

Leprachauns I imagine.
I AM AWESOME MAN

Return to “Electronic Gadgets Galore”