Lcd Screen Tv

anastrophe

Lcd Screen Tv

Post by anastrophe »

ArnoldLayne wrote: Ive just purchased an LCD flat screen tv and for the most part I'm happy but I keep getting this "swimming" effect where some of the picture moves independently of the rest

Also there is sometimes this strange effect in the background where a block of colour sometimes has the appearance of having what I can only describe as layers..like contours of a map

Now has this always been there with c ray tube tellies and its just enhanced with an lcd or is it the broadcast itself. Its not there most of the time

Please reasure me
adjust your contrast and brightness. turn the contrast way down. virtually all televisions, no matter what 'kind' they are, are shipped from the factory with the contrast turned up way too 'hot'. it gives the picture a 'punch' and lots of liveliness when viewed in a showroom with lots of bright lights glaring about (and only a few seconds to capture the customer's attention), but in the home you need much less contrast.

Highly recommend the 'Digital Video Essentials' DVD. you can find it on amazon and elsewhere. has walk-throughs to help you get your TV (and audio) adjusted perfectly.
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]

Return to “Electronic Gadgets Galore”