DVD Recorder + VCR-PLEASE HELP!!!

Deb G

DVD Recorder + VCR-PLEASE HELP!!!

Post by Deb G »

I would just like any advice on buying a DVD Recorder + VCR(all in one.) I have looked at a few models already,including the GoVideo VR2940,Panasonic DMR-ES30VS,Sony RDR-VX500-just to name a few.:-5 I have a few questions: 1)Why do some recorders say that they only play DVD-R/RW but you can record to +/-?:confused:

2)When it says you can record(for example) 1 Hour Minimum,it doesn't mean that a recording(like if I wanted to record-say-Will & Grace-1/ hour show)can't be less than an hour(PARDON MY IGNORANCE!!!:o ,RIGHT?!? Sub-question-When I transfer programs now(to tape) I have to watch what I'm recording(on the plus side,I can stop recording and fast-forward through commercials)-do I have to do that with the DVD Recorder? If so,fine,but if not,how do I not record commercials?

3)Also,I have DirecTV(which is great!!!) and when I want to save a show to tape,I select Save to VCR(as opposed to Play or delete)and it prompts me to make sure a tape is in and the VCR is on(actually what I have is a DVD/VCR combo-from GoVideowhen they were the first ones to make them and they only sold at Sharper image.) Anyway,my question is-If I select that option,will it try to transfer the show to tape or how will I get to recognize that I want to put it on DVD not tape? Alternatively,if I don't select Save to VCR and I just play the show,and then push the record button on the recorder,would that work? OK,that's it for now!! I guess I'll post again if I think of any more questions.

Return to “Electronic Gadgets Galore”