The Beautiful Manhole Cover Art of Japan

Affectionately known as The Cawfee Shop. There's no better place to be than in your own coffee shop discussing "whatever" with friends.
tabby

Post by tabby »

This is such a great idea and the covers shown in the article are gorgeous! I love how each city has their own design and it would be nice to see a display of all of the commissioned designs. To me, a manhole cover has always just been a functional surface in the road and not something to look twice at ... these are fun!

Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

tabby;1409360 wrote: This is such a great idea and the covers shown in the article are gorgeous! I love how each city has their own design and it would be nice to see a display of all of the commissioned designs. To me, a manhole cover has always just been a functional surface in the road and not something to look twice at ... these are fun!

Spectacular - must brighten the town up for the locals
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

tabby;1409360 wrote: This is such a great idea and the covers shown in the article are gorgeous! I love how each city has their own design and it would be nice to see a display of all of the commissioned designs. To me, a manhole cover has always just been a functional surface in the road and not something to look twice at ... these are fun!

That was an enjoyable journey. Thanks!

Return to “The Coffee Shop”