what kind of christmas meal do you have

The Holiday Forum. Post about upcoming holidays.
guppy

Post by guppy »

usually on xmas eve we have alot of snacks and candy. we go from one set of grandparents to another to celebrate and then we come home and open presents and have our own little family gathering. on christmas day i always go to my grannys for the big christmas meal and see all the cousins and extended family. that is really the most fun to me. seeing everybody........:)

so what is the best part of xmas to you?
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

i thought you meant what do we serve? :) ....always a prime rib..
guppy

Post by guppy »

oooh, i love prime rib, just dont have a clue how to cook it........drool, drool.......
Fibonacci

Post by Fibonacci »

Its pretty much the same for me Gups.

we go to My grandparents house on Christmas eve and spend the whole day out there One of My aunt is always experimenting with desserts so there's never a shortage of sweets. i get to see all my cousins and family too. I have cousins in the army and the air force. they're both coming home for Christmas. We haven't seen them for two years! we open presents there at the stroke of midnight.

My favorite part of it all would have to be the bonfire. we have it every year. Everybody gathers around it and we just catch up and have a good time.
The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket... It's about how you move. I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. Hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was... He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me.
guppy

Post by guppy »

Pinky;477703 wrote: Butter basted Turkey, with goose-fat roast potatoes, yorkshire puddings that knock on the oven door to escape and gravy made from meat juices. *Drool*

pinky, what excactly is yorkshire pudding?
Fibonacci

Post by Fibonacci »

Oops! You meant the actual meal?:-2

I cant really narrow it down to any one thing.:o
The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket... It's about how you move. I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. Hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was... He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me.
guppy

Post by guppy »

Fibonacci;477707 wrote: Oops! You meant the actual meal?:-2

I cant really narrow it down to any one thing.:o

naw, really it is what do you do for xmas eve and day. a certain meal. a tradition?

my kids would fall over dead if i didn't make all the candy i do the week before christmas.........and some of my ex inlaws proabably would too.:wah:
guppy

Post by guppy »

Pinky;477713 wrote: It's like pancake mix, but roasted in the oven. They look like this:

They're scrummy with gravy!

can you send me a recipe? :)
guppy

Post by guppy »

Pinky;477718 wrote: Sure! Mix up around four eggs and some milk, add enough flour to make it thick (Plain flour) and leave to settle in the fridge fora while. Oven should be at about 220, make sure you use plenty of fat in the muffin tray, get it really hot before adding mixture) and cook for around 20 mins, or until risen and golden brown.

Enjoy!

thanks..........lol..........:)
Sheryl

Post by Sheryl »

We are having Mexican food this year on Christmas day for lunch. Christmas is also my dad's birthday, so he gets to pick every year what we'll have for our meal. So looks like this year's menu will be tamales, sour cream chicken enchiladas, beef enchiladas, Spanish rice, beans, salad, and guacamole.

Then the traditional turkey, ham, and all the yummy sides that night out at my in laws.
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

guppy;477700 wrote: oooh, i love prime rib, just dont have a clue how to cook it........drool, drool.......get a fairly heavy one, at least 4 or 5 ribs. it won't be cheap, but hey it's Christmas! rub butter on it. then coat it with flour for a nice crust. put tarragon on it. invest in a meat thermometer. it will let you know when it is rare or medium, whichever you prefer. and you can google recipes too of course! never do it well-done! NOOOOOOO! yorkshire pudd is much like popovers. perfect. try it! :)
guppy

Post by guppy »

i will get one and try it this weekend. trial run of sorts. what do you serve with it?
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

well whatever you like...i like mashed potatoes , yorkshire pudd and a green veg. plus you must have au jus...the juices from the meat to serve over it. let me know how it comes out! then i am driving up for dinner!
guppy

Post by guppy »

lady cop;477855 wrote: well whatever you like...i like mashed potatoes , yorkshire pudd and a green veg. plus you must have au jus...the juices from the meat to serve over it. let me know how it comes out! then i am driving up for dinner!

sure thing.......i think this meal calls for asparagus with cheese sauce....

i have my own asparagus bed. during the summer my kids cut them and nuke them with cheddar cheese . .........you have to get up early in the morning to get em before they do.......omg. now i want it to be summer again......:p
Bez

Post by Bez »

Traditional Roast Turkey dinner. When the kids were younger it was always at my house, now I go to whoever invites me....this year it's my youngest son....I think there's 9 or 10 of us going.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Bez

Post by Bez »

guppy;477857 wrote: sure thing.......i think this meal calls for asparagus with cheese sauce....

i have my own asparagus bed. during the summer my kids cut them and nuke them with cheddar cheese . .........you have to get up early in the morning to get em before they do.......omg. now i want it to be summer again......:p

Asparagus...yum...guppy you're so lucky to be able to grow it :-6 ....and CHEESE SAUCE ! ......:)
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Imladris

Post by Imladris »

Always roast turkey and I usually go mad with the rest and have roast potatoes, yorkshire puds, two types of stuffing, sausage and bacon rolls, parsnips with parmesan, sprouts, peas, glazed carrots, sometimes leeks in cheese sauce.....drool!!
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
Tater Tazz

Post by Tater Tazz »

stuffed turkey, ham, gravy, potatoes, peas, carrots, turnip, olives and pickles.

pies cookies and icecream. my favorite is the turnip.:-6

Return to “Holidays”