December can be hard~

The Holiday Forum. Post about upcoming holidays.
lady cop

December can be hard~

Post by lady cop »

for a lot of people. it's not all warm and fuzzy Christmas adverts. it's HARD for many people to get through it. a time of love and family and all that ...but what if people are alone and lonely? broke and not worrying over what to buy whom? but instead worrying over paying the rent. ...i always loved Christmas, and always will. i only have one way to get through it, watching every single version of 'a Christmas Carol' that i have. and re-reading the book. my man is 4500 miles away. my kids are all in different states. i'll spend another Christmas alone. and be damn glad when it's Dec. 26.
Peg

December can be hard~

Post by Peg »

Even with Al being laid off, I still donated to Toys for Tots. I'm one of the lucky ones that get to enjoy the day with my family, I know my kids will have at least a decent Christmas, and I'm grateful knowing this because there are people way worse off. I'm always glad when it's over though because it just seems like too much work.

December can be hard~

Post by 911 »

I'll be at work. . . . again.

My family will be having the Christmas get together the weekend before Christmas and guess what? That's right, I'll be at work!

But, I am wearing my Santa hat to work on Christmas and I'm gonna take candy to work to give to the officers and any 'guests' we may have. Gonna have to brown bag it though as nothing will be open that delivers.

I am waiting for "It's a Wonderful Life" to come on. I watch it every year and, just like LC, I watch all the Christmas Carols that come on. Anyone know when Wonderful Life is coming on this year? Tell me I haven't missed it. It used to come on several times but since it was bought out it only comes on once.
When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before.

Mae West
lady cop

December can be hard~

Post by lady cop »

the thing to do is buy it on DVD. i watch it even when it's not December. good holidays to you!
Patsy Warnick

December can be hard~

Post by Patsy Warnick »

My sister and her family don't have much - I buy things through out the year (inexpensive) but nice/cool - new & used things. Yesterday I sent 5 boxes up to her at a cost of $120.00 for shipping, thats my Christmas, every year I do this and will continue to do so, it makes their Christmas. Ho Ho Ho..

Patsy
Marie5656

December can be hard~

Post by Marie5656 »

lady cop;481576 wrote: for a lot of people. it's not all warm and fuzzy Christmas adverts. it's HARD for many people to get through it. a time of love and family and all that ...but what if people are alone and lonely? broke and not worrying over what to buy whom? but instead worrying over paying the rent. ...i always loved Christmas, and always will. i only have one way to get through it, watching every single version of 'a Christmas Carol' that i have. and re-reading the book. my man is 4500 miles away. my kids are all in different states. i'll spend another Christmas alone. and be damn glad when it's Dec. 26.

Aww..:-1 I wish you lived closer..I would invite you here. We are not going anywhere for the day. Want to come?
along-for-the-ride

December can be hard~

Post by along-for-the-ride »

My kids and grandkids also live many miles away, as do my dad and my sisters and brothers and their families. I am lucky in that I am here with my sweet hubby.

We don't have alot of money for Christmas, but I am sending cards I made on my computer, and a big package of mixed fresh fruit to my kids and grandkids for them all to enjoy.

I do have moments when I am almost overwhelmed with memories of Christmases shared with my family in the past. Then, I try to count my blessings and smile. Lucky to have those memories and hoping my family is making new happy Christmas memories together.

The best way I can think of to have that "Chrismas Spirit" is to think of others and to do something unexpected for somebody else. Do something that makes that person smile, even for just a moment.:)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
AussiePam

December can be hard~

Post by AussiePam »

along-for-the-ride;481743 wrote: My kids and grandkids also live many miles away, as do my dad and my sisters and brothers and their families. I am lucky in that I am here with my sweet hubby.

We don't have alot of money for Christmas, but I am sending cards I made on my computer, and a big package of mixed fresh fruit to my kids and grandkids for them all to enjoy.

I do have moments when I am almost overwhelmed with memories of Christmases shared with my family in the past. Then, I try to count my blessings and smile. Lucky to have those memories and hoping my family is making new happy Christmas memories together.

The best way I can think of to have that "Chrismas Spirit" is to think of others and to do something unexpected for somebody else. Do something that makes that person smile, even for just a moment.:)

Thinking of you LC, and sending hugs. Love your post along-for-the-ride. My kids are all over the place and we all feel a little lost at Christmas. There will be phone calls. I did my very best to make this time of the year a time of peace and gentleness for them when they were growing up - different from the childhood Christmases I have tried hard to forget.

I used to do a runner and roam the streets. When I was still quite small I remember standing on the front lawn of a house looking in at a happy family gathering. They invited me into the kitchen and showed me how to make pastry in a mixture of English, Latvian, German and Russian. The refugee family didn't really know what they were any more. Had been in several different postwar camps, lost everything (including their child who would I later learnt have been about my age), but not their spririt. The Christmas decorations were paper and painted gum nuts. The food was basic. There were few presents. But there was singing and laughter, and hey yes, joy. I went back there often, and not just at Christmas.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

along-for-the-ride

December can be hard~

Post by along-for-the-ride »

:yh_hugs AussiePam!
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.

Return to “Holidays”