Staying home for the holidays

The Holiday Forum. Post about upcoming holidays.
Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

We have decided we are just going to stay at home on Christmas and not go anywhere. Maybe buy something nice to prepare for dinner, and that is it.

We are going to see the grandkids in early January, for Liam's 3rd birthday..so they will both get thier gifts then.

So, a nice quiet day at home.
DesignerGal

Post by DesignerGal »

I always stay home Marie. My husband and I have started our own traditions. You'll have a nice quiet day. We make brisket. Have you decided what your dinner will be?

HBIC
Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

DesignerGal;482551 wrote: I always stay home Marie. My husband and I have started our own traditions. You'll have a nice quiet day. We make brisket. Have you decided what your dinner will be?

We only just made the decision yesterday. So far it is going to be an all seafood menu. Lobster tails, shrimp and maybe steamed clams. And a nice veggie, or something light to complement it. We have a small steamer, so Rick figured we can just set it up on the table, and steam the clams while we are eating the other stuff.

A cool thing is that I am also off the day after Christmas..so I can just sit home and be a total sluggo that day...as Rick has to work.
sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

If we're in the house then we'll definitely stay home.

If we haven't moved yet then we'll probably just go out to eat.

:-6
Sheryl

Post by Sheryl »

I think that sounds wonderful Marie. Maybe you can talk Santa into a nice foot massage that evening too. :D
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son

Return to “Holidays”